Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord gais unreasonable?

Options
  • 26-02-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I purchased new house. It had a prepay meter in property so I paid the 200 to get replaced.

They then proceeded to install a new prepay meter as the agent at bord gais got it wrong. That was two days off work..

I rang up regarding a service on the boiler and they sold me a service package at 140 euros.

Man came round commented on it being a nice boiler etc all good. Fired it up did his business (albeit pressure seemed low but he said it was normal (reading around 1).

Half an hour after he left the boiler then packed up with an error code saying fan was broken.

They sent him around again and the fan was now broken apparently... So that cost an extra 236 euros.

2 days later the pressure is nearly at zero, won't turn on and there is now water underneath the pump...

This is turning farcical, as I've gone from a working boiler to having paid 376 (676 including gas meter change..) To have a non working boiler and the prospect of another large bill again?

Looking at their website they have 365 boiler care for 159 euros which is only 19 euros more than I paid for a service and includes 1000 cover along with a service. Is it a bit cheeky that I was not offered this?

Left a bad taste in my mouth. :(

Advertisement