Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beast in The Southeast

Options
  • 26-02-2018 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Will it be as bad as they are predicting?,are you prepared?,are the Council prepared?,will Waterford shutdown for the week?

Maybe we could use this thread for people to update how bad the roads are around their areas :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Will it be as bad as they are predicting?,are you prepared?,are the Council prepared?,will Waterford shutdown for the week?

Maybe we could use this thread for people to update how bad the roads are around their areas :)

The roads are bad in most areas............oh, I see what you mean! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thursday and Friday will be a wipe er white out for about 18-24 hours, basically stay home as you may not be able to get home if you go anywhere in the morning. The main point of interest is if the air behind the snow front is warm enough to cause a quick or slow thaw, or if it stays cold enough to freeze over at which point all bets are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

SuperValu Kilbarry was cleared out of bread and vegetables this evening and running very low on milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Milk and bread gets stocked up every morning. On most evenings and Sunday afternoons the fresh bread shelf is near empty anyway, The hysteria about seeing empty shelves is a bit over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

just wondering what garages in town sell Kerosene at the pump? Need to top up the tank with a couple of drums - jus in case :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

carolinej wrote: »
    just wondering what garages in town sell Kerosene at the pump? Need to top up the tank with a couple of drums - jus in case :D

Wish I knew! Don’t do it often but I go out to petrol station in Kilmeaden village.

morebarn2 wrote: »
    Wish I knew! Don’t do it often but I go out to petrol station in Kilmeaden village.

I know Kilmeaden sell it but I'm in the town and thought some of the garages might sell it. May as well spin out to Kilmeaden later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was just talking to one of the Home Heating suppliers and he said he had 120 deliveries to do! Obviously can't do all them so people will have to wait. Could be a cold week or two for anyone who ran down their fuel hoping the Winter was finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

Ireland gone mad. Long queues in stores from early morning. Apocalypse is coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Uboat wrote:
    Ireland gone mad. Long queues in stores from early morning. Apocalypse is coming?

Very strange, for a couple of bad days, is it Christmas again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Is it expected to go to a red warning in Waterford?

dzilla wrote:
    Is it expected to go to a red warning in Waterford?

I'd say it will eventually, maybe for Thursday and Friday

Just in ardkeen Lidl not a single slice of bread to be had,!!

Ah people are gone weird again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Beast has arrived!!

Didn't stick around. The bastard.

longshanks wrote:
    Didn't stick around. The bastard.

Patience

Sure twas only a scratch of snow! The level of buying when I was out (at lunchtime it should be said) was hilarious, a likely 24 hours of "no shopping" weather and it's mass panic. I'll now have to buy my bread first thing to beat the stampede

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

News and star have pics on their facebook of supervalu kilbarry and there's literally nothing left on the shelves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

carolinej wrote: »

Jones Oil - Manor St just behind Dunphys shop sell kero from the pump. c.74c/L

gman2k wrote: »
    Jones Oil - Manor St just behind Dunphys shop sell kero from the pump. c.74c/L

thanks. I went out to Kilmeaden earlier and filled up couple of drums. Have the milk and bread in too :D

What are people doing with all the bread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyHilfiger

longshanks wrote: »
    What are people doing with all the bread?

It looks like there will be a lot of beans on toast the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,352 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

heard of one person buying 15 loafs of bread

not a big bread eater but got a loaf myself today just incase

Damnit, I forgot to get bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Damnit, I forgot to get bread!

I went to Tesco's Ardkeen last night, completely cleaned out of bread.

I went to Lidl Ardkeen at 8.30 this morning, they had baked themselves plus had deliveries of bread but the chilled meats , yoghurts etc section was completely bare ass naked! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone know what main roads like, specifically the n24 and n25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Theres going to be a glut of stale bread in coming days.

Birds should do well out of it, not to mention shopkeepers.

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    Anyone know what main roads like, specifically the n24 and n25

They'll be open but I'd check AA site for latest.

Oh yes I got my bread, centra had one trolley and nothing else coming today!

Advertisement