Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter club prep?

Options
  • 26-02-2018 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Any clubs started preparations yet?

*Mod Note - If you are going to have a dig, then please don't post.*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

TheMightyI wrote: »
    Any clubs started preparations yet?
    Yep, we've a heap of lads who minded their handicap all last year. We're hoping to get past the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes. We've played four Garden county matches already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Yep, we've a heap of lads who minded their handicap all last year. We're hoping to get past the first game.

“I didn’t get in the team / my club didn’t win, therefore... everyone else is cheating.”

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Started practicing in November.

Have played 3 games of our Barton Cup warm up already, final game on Sunday if we win we are in the final. Played a few Jimmy Bruen warm up matches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

My new club has done no real prep for the Barton Cup yet. First practice scheduled for the afternoon of the Scotland game so not ideal.

I think practice matches are the way forward and should try and have one or two in Jan/Feb to get the ball rolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Bruen practice starting this Sunday... weather permitting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Way too early for practice in our place. feeling is fellas get annoyed with too much team practice rather than playing their own games.

I'd be inclined to agree. Couldnt get me out to play anything never mind a bruen practice until at least April.

slingerz wrote: »
    Way too early for practice in our place. feeling is fellas get annoyed with too much team practice rather than playing their own games.

I'd be inclined to agree. Couldnt get me out to play anything never mind a bruen practice until at least April.

South East League 1st round & it's my first year trying to make the team... I'm not in a position to say i'll see ye in April

South East League 1st round & it's my first year trying to make the team... I'm not in a position to say i'll see ye in April

its club dependent really. we are a small club and have no comps like that league so its not really an issue.

we've more of an issue to get enough numbers to participate in it at an approrpiate level

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Senior Cup/Barton Shield lads are out practicing/Trialing. Playing in afew alliances together as a group as part of it all. New Manager took over the reigns from me and he's maintaining the legacy for hard work that I left behind! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Our Senior Cup team have been out screwing up the timesheet practising :D

I tihnk panels have been announced for most of the teams at this point.

Had hoped to make the Jimmy Bruen (I may do yet) but in the interim I've been put on the panel for the All Ireland Inter-club fourball.

With the handicap change for the bruen, I am aiming to be on it myself. First time in 10 years. I'm shopping around the club for a nice 9 handicapper I can stick myself with ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    With the handicap change for the bruen, I am aiming to be on it myself. First time in 10 years. I'm shopping around the club for a nice 9 handicapper I can stick myself with ;)

You off 5 or 6? You’d have been able to play last year off 6 too if so

You off 5 or 6? You’d have been able to play last year off 6 too if so

I was off 6 for all of last year, but I was off 5 the year previously, so I couldnt have played on the Bruen last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭SEORG

A quick question, I hope someone here might be able to answer. If a player has dual membership can they represent both clubs in different competitions if their handicap makes them eligible? Eg. Junior Cup for one club & Bruen for the other.

SEORG wrote: »
    A quick question, I hope someone here might be able to answer. If a player has dual membership can they represent both clubs in different competitions if their handicap makes them eligible? Eg. Junior Cup for one club & Bruen for the other.

Yes

We had a player play Junior Cup for Mount Temple and Jimmy Bruen for Athlone about 2 years ago in the same year.

Rikand wrote: »
    Yes

We had a player play Junior Cup for Mount Temple and Jimmy Bruen for Athlone about 2 years ago in the same year.

Could they have met each other in the various competitions?

Could they have met each other in the various competitions?

Only at the all ireland finals - Athlone play in Connacht and Mount Temple play in leinster.

https://www.facebook.com/golfingunionofireland/photos/a.845225648927964.1073741828.725667640883766/1533491446768044/?type=3&theatre

Andrew Norrby asked the same Q in the above link on FB (hope it works) & GUI confirmed it's ok:

"You declare for your club in one competition and if you're a member of second club you can declare for them in another competition.

You can't play, for example, Senior Cup for two different clubs in one season, but you could play Senior Cup for one and Barton Shield for another."

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

no problem there. a lot of members in my own club are also members of a nearby 9 hole course. craic is good when we are drawn against each other in interclub matches. some play jimmy for us and jack sullivan for their other club or vice versa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement