Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Dev84 wrote: »
    Must be a female poster.

so... so... wrong, try again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

minikin wrote: »
    well, that was the joke...

Too subtle for me. I just thought you were a bit dim ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

And over to Randy with the weather.

Randy-Marsh-Weather-Map.gif

Ok lads if that what ye think, keep doing the fruity non-maths. I think a Gov has a duty to those they represent in all matters. If you want to define their duty to this occurrence & give them plaudits, fine. They aren't so stellar in other issues, eg Housing, Health, Employment, Mental Health, Transport. I won't go on cos I'd be accused of trying to add up an entire fruit hamper mix!

If only there were a way of "electing" a new one. And if only there were threads about all of those things.

Either tell us you're cold or feck off out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Ok lads if that what ye think, keep doing the fruity non-maths. I think a Gov has a duty to those they represent in all matters. If you want to define their duty to this occurrence & give them plaudits, fine. They aren't so stellar in other issues, eg Housing, Health, Employment, Mental Health, Transport. I won't go on cos I'd be accused of trying to add up an entire fruit hamper mix!

We're talking about this event though.

It's not a "so what do ye all think of the government?" thread.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    Too subtle for me. I just thought you were a bit dim ;)

Ah jaysus... what are they teachin ye in school these days???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Collie D wrote: »
    If only there were a way of "electing" a new one. And if only there were threads about all of those things.

Either tell us you're cold or feck off out of it.

361176.jpg?b64lines=T2gsIHdvbid0IHNvbWVib2R5IApwbGVhc2UgdGhpbmsgb2YgdGhlCmNoaWxkcmVuPw==

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Saw on the telly that Spar on Dame street were supposedly staying open. You might be able to get something there?

I saw that, just have to find a taxi!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

Do you know what the worst part about this is? Emma hasn't even arrived yet. She's only pushing into the England now.

Shes been here since 16.00 duh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

minikin wrote: »
    In the kitchen.

Do you have any bread?

• Advertisement

Anyone want to join me in a prayer session to ask the lord to maintain the internetz through these trying times???

Do you have any bread?

I'll trade you all of mine for a toaster that works. I've a batch loaf - the king of mass produced breads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Can someone confirm that I heard Evelyn Cusack correctly on the news just now? She said parts of Dublin could get up to a metre of snow.

Do you have any bread?

A selection of focaccia, plenty of olive oil and salt (what's left after the path has been cleared)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Turning into a complete non event here in limerick

Can someone confirm that I heard Evelyn Cusack correctly on the news just now? She said parts of Dublin could get up to a metre of snow.

Deadly ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Exeter is running low on bread.

I propose sending a C130 to drop supplies of unused Pat the Baker and Brennans .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Beethoven9th

Me to son: "you call this snow!, i remember the snow of 1982"

My Dad: "1982 ?, that was snow for girls!!, I was there in 1963, that was real snow!"

My Grandad (staring intensely into the fire): "None of ye know what snow is. I was there for the snow of 1947. BLACK '47 as we called it"

Yeah thats right I heard my granny on about the snow of 1947. She said she had to walk to school and the snow was as high as the telegraph poles !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Yeah thats right I heard my granny on about the snow of 1947. She said she had to walk to school and the snow was as high as the telegraph poles !

Fcuking tall granny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ye are just used to the looting is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

aye the big snow of 47 would fairly put manners on the hysterical pansies running about now

too cold for stabbings ?

These stories have a way of growing legs through the yesrs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gadgiemagoo

Jeso I didn't think I was on the weather thread! Thought it was a looser thing. Have been reading loads of ppl all day posting 

We're talking about this event though.

It's not a "so what do ye all think of the government?" thread.
    Jeso I didn't realise this had become the weather thread here! 
    I have been reading this thread all day where posters both praised & damned the gov/media for over-hyping this event. Those that said the Gov was over-exaggerating it all were slated & I agree, Gov issued proper advice! What I find hard to accept is this gratitude to the Gov for doing the right thing. I only wanted to point out that they never got an emergency task force together when it went belly up for so many people? Chill

1947 was but a breeze. 1784 was the fun storm. 65 feet of snow and yet people were out and about in breeches and short pantaloons. Men were men in those days.

Jeso I didn't think I was on the weather thread! Thought it was a looser thing. Have been reading loads of ppl all day posting 

I have been reading this thread all day where posters both praised & damned the gov/media for over-hyping this event. Those that said the Gov was over-exaggerating it all were slated & I agree, Gov issued proper advice! What I find hard to accept is this gratitude to the Gov for doing the right thing. I only wanted to point out that they never got an emergency task force together when it went belly up for so many people? Chill

Yes you are closer to the topic.

Could, should, we believe. How the rhetoric has changed from yesterday.

Some agenda to bring it back to the banks.

I'm not sure how you thought it was a looser thing given the thread title and the subject of the thread being the reaction to the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The UK is hit worse than us and even they havent closed the country down !

You do realise that the UK was scheduled to be hit first and Ireland after.

What have people got against staying safe indoors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

The first telegraph poles were installed upside down, only two foot visible above ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Street light outside my house.

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/KjLRn4B.jpg[/img]"]KjLRn4B.jpg[/URL]

Could, should, we believe. How the rhetoric has changed from yesterday.

What has changed since yesterday. Nothing from what I can see.

Getting ****ty in maynooth now. Windy and snow still falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Beethoven9th

What kind of CLOWNS are we dealing with here
    Weather now expected to deteriorate between 9pm and 11pm tonight
    Thats a long way from 4pm that they were all banging on about today
    Complete incompetants in Met Eireann and the government departments :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Patww79 wrote: »

No.

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/969261446646435873

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

murpho999 wrote: »

What have people got against staying safe indoors?

some people just can't seem to be able to calm down and chill out for a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Even the weather doesnt want to go to Limerick.

Yep. Because the weather is so easy to predict.

We should privatise the weather.

They wanted people home before the storm hits, not as it hits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dev84 wrote: »
    Yep. Because the weather is so easy to predict.

We should privatise the weather.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    They wanted people home before the storm hits, not as it hits.

You've hit a bum note.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gadgiemagoo

Some agenda to bring it back to the banks.

I'm not sure how you thought it was a looser thing given the thread title and the subject of the thread being the reaction to the weather.
    The posters didn't stick to the title either tho? Did u lay into them? A lot came out in force bitchin about the media & Gov reaction. I only said what I feel about Gov response. You seem to be very sensitive about the banker issue?

The posters didn't stick to the title either tho? Did u lay into them? A lot came out in force bitchin about the media & Gov reaction. I only said what I feel about Gov response. You seem to be very sensitive about the banker issue?

I don't see how it had anything to do with banks. This is about the weather event and the response to it.

By all means start a thread about your issues with how the government dealt with the banks.

It's also possible to say they got it right in one area and wrong in a completely different area.

But this thread is about the weather event. I'm not sure what part of that you don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Street light outside my house.

img

lovely pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Shakes head. Weather can be predicted up to a point but there are many variables when predicting weather.

Just because the weather didn't get bad on the stroke of four o'clock today doesn't mean the weather won't get worse at some stage.

So Limerick city didn't get snow.......big deal. The rest of us did get snow. A lot of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Hail Mary forecasting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Well comrades I'm back and still no invasion to tell of just a load of frozen water and more coming from the skies, is it time to smash open each others heads and feast on the tasty goo inside please say yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Yep there are clowns everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Hail Mary forecasting
    Yah, think they got it wrong, or maybe they meant 4am in the morning

• Advertisement
Advertisement