Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

I want my 25 euro back that I spent on snowplies in aldi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

Aineoil wrote: »
    Shakes head. Weather can be predicted up to a point but there are many variables when predicting weather.

Just because the weather didn't get bad on the stroke of four o'clock today doesn't mean the weather won't get worse at some stage.

So Limerick city didn't get snow.......big deal. The rest of us did get snow. A lot of snow.

Exactly at least 30-40cm in maynooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Based on some of the comments in this thread, I think the government should declare a national emergency due to the number of foreigners who have split their sides from laughing at us for the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

James 007 wrote: »
    Yah, think they got it wrong, or maybe they meant 4am in the morning

Its actually raining here in D14 and they defo said 4pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Since when did we all become white sliced pan fiends?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Based on some of the comments in this thread, I think the government should declare a national emergency due to the number of foreigners who have split their sides from laughing at us for the last few days.

Let them off to their own countires if they have an issue with it. The snowfall is extreme. The driving conditions are lethal and the wind is picking up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I live in santry anyone know any take aways open in and around the santry, Beaumont, Artane area ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Its actually raining here in D14 and they defo said 4pm.

Warning in place from 4pm does not mean that the storm is going to hit at exactly 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Nothing much in Dublin yet. Seems exaggerated so far. Any pubs open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

You live there. Why are you asking us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think all the side splitting foreigners should all meet up in Dun Laoire and walk the east pier at about 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just eat will show you what’s open. Macaris near DCU is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I havent been blizzarded yet.

I'm somewhat disappointed. I was hoping for at least another two days off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Can’t you contact the ones you’d like to eat from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They should be all open if there's 'nothing much in Dublin yet'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's 18 people dead in Poland, 5 in Lithuania because of this weather event... countries you'd expect have a lot of experience with severe winters... So I'm not sure who is laughing at us... that said, I think Dublin Bus could have put on some sort of service this morning at least.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/01/beast-from-the-east-has-killed-48-people-so-far-across-europe-7351585/

The victims also include 18 people killed in Poland, six in the Czech Republic, five in Lithuania, four each in France and Slovakia, two each in Italy, Serbia, Romania and Slovenia and one in Spain.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,282 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What else are you doing?

Make yourself a sandwich ya fecking lazy fecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Why don't you phone them and ask?

I should hope not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

In town yep, especially in Temple Bar, worth checking the local as well.

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There's 18 people dead in Poland, 5 in Lithuania because of this weather event... countries you'd expect have a lot of experience with severe winters... So I'm not sure who is laughing at us... that said, I think Dublin Bus could have put on some sort of service this morning at least.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/01/beast-from-the-east-has-killed-48-people-so-far-across-europe-7351585/

The victims also include 18 people killed in Poland, six in the Czech Republic, five in Lithuania, four each in France and Slovakia, two each in Italy, Serbia, Romania and Slovenia and one in Spain.

Its just eastern european arrogance. The canadians are idiots though. Most of the population are located in large urban settlements with services to deal with this weather. They dont live in rural BC like they'd have you believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Why did I just watch an hour and a half of RTE news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

There's 9 people dead in Poland, 3-5 in Lithuania because of this weather event... countries you'd expect have a lot of experience with severe winters... So I'm not sure who is laughing at us... that said, I think Dublin Bus could have put on some sort of service this morning at least.

Are you serious? You have posted that because of this "weather event" people in Poland and Lithunia have lost their lives.

But you want Dublin Bus to provide you with a service.

Why should they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is this the thread for commenting on the sanctimonious numpties populating the weather forum?

I'd ask there, but the stink of groupthink is very strong and everybody whose opinion doesn't follow the herd's gets called a troll within about 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Just a bit of wind here so far in Waterford county, nothing major. A Little snow fell earlier but not much. Had expected to be in the throes of a Siberian blizzard by now

Aineoil wrote: »
    Are you serious? You have posted that because of this "weather event" people in Poland and Lithunia have lost their lives.

But you want Dublin Bus to provide you with a service.

Why should they?

Because the weather event hadn't hit yet with full force. The danger zone in Dublin was from 4pm at the earliest.
    And Dublin Bus is staffed with trained professionals there to provide a service.
    Council workers were out keeping the main roads clear today - Dublin Bus vehicles should have been on them.

They could have run until 1-2 pm allowing time for staff to make it home, that was the time the other public transport services were lined up for.

Because the weather event hadn't hit yet with full force. The danger zone in Dublin was from 4pm at the earliest.
    And Dublin Bus is staffed with trained professionals there to provide a service.
    Council workers were out keeping the main roads clear today - Dublin Bus vehicles should have been on them.

They could have run until 1-2 pm allowing time for staff to make it home, that was the time the other public transport services were lined up for.

Why? By all accounts the city centre had been deserted. No point having a servi e for one or two people who "need" to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

scopper wrote: »
    In town yep, especially in Temple Bar, worth checking the local as well.

Cheers horse. I’ve a lip on me for a few pints of porter. I’ll try the local first.

Cheers horse. I’ve a lip on me for a few pints of porter. I’ll try the local first.

Possibly going to be up to a meter of snow in areas. Be carefeul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What else are you doing?

Make yourself a sandwich ya fecking lazy fecker

Maybe they have no bread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If they are, I really hope you tip the driver well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Just a bit of wind here so far in Waterford county, nothing major. A Little snow fell earlier but not much. Had expected to be in the throes of a Siberian blizzard by now

It’s a long night yet wind is whipping up here in Galway already and snow on the ground is drifting already.

It’s a long night yet wind is whipping up here in Galway already and snow on the ground is drifting already.

Been like that all day in Maynooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We heard loads of stories of a run on bread and milk in the last few days.
    I'm really surprised that there has been no stories of a run on the offies like Good Friday used to be.
    Since people are supposed to be on lock down for 24hours I expected there to be queues for crates!

To thine own self be true

Dev84 wrote: »
    Why? By all accounts the city centre had been deserted. No point having a servi e for one or two people who "need" to work.

The city was deserted because the main public transport provider into the city wasn't running... sure why do we have Dublin Bus at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is this the thread for commenting on the sanctimonious numpties populating the weather forum?

I'd ask there, but the stink of groupthink is very strong and everybody whose opinion doesn't follow the herd's gets called a troll within about 20 seconds.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

We heard loads of stories of a run on bread and milk in the last few days.
    I'm really surprised that there has been no stories of a run on the offies like Good Friday used to be.
    Since people are supposed to be on lock down for 24hours I expected there to be queues for crates!

Would people really go mental because they have to stay in their own home for 24 to 36 hours?

Had a great day so far sitting in front of the fire, baking and cooking homemade steak and kidney pie for dinner love being at home.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Would people really go mental because they have to stay in their own home for 24 to 36 hours?

Had a great day so far sitting in front of the fire, baking and cooking homemade steak and kidney pie for dinner love being at home.

Kids dont like it. Families tend to get tetchy with eachother.

Yes but it's lovely because you have something to throw on the fire, something nice to put in the oven and perhaps something nicer to wash it down with... so people are going mental to make sure they have enough of all of the above to get them through 36 hours.
    And if for whatever reason any of the above are lacking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

doylefe wrote: »
    Why did I just watch an hour and a half of RTE news?

Keelin Shanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Whoa whoa did they really say a METRE of Snow?
    That's 3 feet 3" in old money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

We had more snow last night here in East Galway, hopefully no more falls tonight.

Usual whingers on the radio giving out about the 4pm warning because there's no snow in their area.

Steve F wrote: »
    Whoa whoa did they really say a METRE of Snow?
    That's 3 feet 3" in old money

Yep thats what Evelyn said most def.

Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Dev84 wrote: »
    Yep thats what Evelyn said most def.

Deadly.

Whens the thaw?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Steve F wrote: »
    Whens the thaw?:D

Monday at the earliest . :mad:

• Advertisement

Might that get off too with a bit if luck.

Ah feck... I hate the hangover phase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its whipping up here now in south Dublin . Put my nose out and it stung my eyes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    After the snow in 1982 , there was no Luas service for almost two decades. I bet your g/f never thought of that, before she started mocking us,did she?

A snow storm in the 1980s resulted in no tram service for twenty years?

They can't survive 24 hours on Good Friday, so you'd image that it'd be more of the same today. My OH is an A&E doctor in Dublin, working tonight, so I'll find out what it was like in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Does this mean we all have to go to work tomorrow. This is the most tame blizzard in the history of mankind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement