Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

How come Leo came around to your house and why isn't he letting you out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Staying in and having a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It’s 5 hours and counting now.

So what? What was so vitally important it was worth risking people's lives for today? If you have a surgery or something cancelled fair enough. If not shut up and have a few cans like everyone else.

That reminds me whats outside the back door keeping nice and cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

How come Leo came around to your house and why isn't he letting you out?

Im afraid to go out in case he's watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Anyone find a safe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The time was for first landfall in the south east. Relax! It's not personal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Same as most week day nights. In watching TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I went out into my garden earlier just cause I'm a mad rebel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

We've sh*tloads of snow in Wicklow. So we spent the evening going up and down the road on a sled, then sitting by the fire watching 101 dalmations. The kids are in bed now so we'll watch something on Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So what? What was so vitally important it was worth risking people's lives for today? If you have a surgery or something cancelled fair enough. If not shut up and have a few cans like everyone else.

That reminds me whats outside the back door keeping nice and cool.

I think it’s nanny state thinking gone mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

xHamster

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Sure head out so and do what you want.

Dont be looking for help from the nanny state if you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No its not, im in dublin its been happening for the last hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Five lost hours. Evelyn Cusack will most likely send you a personal apology with an eight Euro voucher oneforall voucher.

Sure head out so and do what you want.

Dont be looking for help from the nanny state if you need it.

Neighbour of mine actually went for a swim in the local river at half 4 deliberately. Two fingers to the authorities.

Leo and co talking absolute scutter as usual

God help us if Met Eireann get the timing wrong by 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Neighbour of mine actually went for a swim in the local river at half 4 deliberately. Two fingers to the authorities.

Youre neighbour is a spa.

You talk a good scutter yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I feel like you're lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Status red extended to 6pm tomorrow in Munster now. Still nothing at my place 5 miles south of Cork city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Tell him i said he's a ****ing clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'm sure your rebellious neighbor would also willingly forego the assistance of the authorities Emergency Services if they ran into difficulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I actually went to an elderly neighbour across the road to see if she wanted milk or me to drop her in some dinner this evening. Sure she had a lovely fire, a bottle of wine, Netflix on and a massive stew in the slow cooker. Felt like getting my whole family over to her house because she's doing better than us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The time was for first landfall in the south east. Relax! It's not personal.

True, but we all have other things to do. Typical Irish thing - punctuality free zone. Impossible to plan properly, and wasting everyones time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

the local Indian here is open, shure they don't believe in Christmas at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Does this mean we all have to go to work tomorrow. This is the most tame blizzard in the history of mankind.
    BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Worst blizzard ever.
    Is it just me or has there been less snow in Dublin today than yesterday ? Car was proper.covered yesterday morning hasnt been near that today , Duvlin 13
    Not much of a blizzard at the minute a fine dusting of snow and windy, what gives?

Can people not understand that the blizzard has not fully hit yet.

What are people trying to prove by underestimating what is on the way.

Also, don't go on a bout the the time. 4pm warning was to get everybody home safely but they cannot predict to the minute exactly when a blizzard will hit.

Wait until you see how much snow has fallen by the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

There has been an orwellian effort to make people afraid of the weather for the last year or two that is getting ridiculous. Naming gusts of wind as storms and hurricanes. Constant weather warnings every second day and now trying to turn some snow falling which is a normal winter event into a national emergency with nationwide shutdowns and bread rationing.
    We have become a nation of snowflakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What a revolutionary! Fight the power!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Why are people whining about the absence of a blizzard? :confused:

Especially since it hasn't fcuking arrived yet...

Who stopped you going out in your car (with no tire chains on, with no proper winter gear and probably a headlight out) and sailing down the motorway at 150?

Go forth and enjoy the nice piece and quiet.

• Advertisement

My neighbour told me he was going to do it specifically to give two fingers to the authorities. Not me. I’m too lazy to bother tbh but fair play to him!

And if you watched the news earlier you would’ve seen a guy swimming in the height of the snow, I think it was someplace in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

Yes, and I’m not sure specifically what nonsense Leo is talking? 😂

gmisk wrote: »
    What a revolutionary! Fight the power!..

Dead on. Plenty of ppl were breaking their holes laughing at all these feckin alerts. It’s too prevalent these days. It seems like every few days there’s a new alert. Most ppl seem to ignore them these days.

My neighbour told me he was going to do it specifically to give two fingers to the authorities. Not me. I’m too lazy to bother tbh but fair play to him!

And if you watched the news earlier you would’ve seen a guy swimming in the height of the snow, I think it was someplace in Dublin.

It's amazing what lengths (see what I did there) attention seeking morons will go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Binge watching Pride & Prejudice on Netflix and catching up on some quilting. Pressie for the new baby in the family done anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Fake news.

All the white scenery from around the country was done on the set of Fair City.

This is our faked moon landings!!!1!eleven!

The work of the military-baking complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Your neighbour is an arse

nostro wrote: »
    There has been an orwellian effort to make people afraid of the weather for the last year or two that is getting ridiculous. Naming gusts of wind as storms and hurricanes. Constant weather warnings every second day and now trying to turn some snow falling which is a normal winter event into a national emergency with nationwide shutdowns and bread rationing.

Dead on. Why are people so willing to cooperate with blanket curfews when large parts of the country seem to be cold yes but not extremes. I don’t get what has happened to the Irish that we just fall into line with these alerts recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Its people like this who to deserve to drown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clickbait

Pigging out like it's Christmas

nostro wrote: »

Did you not see the part how 3 people died on the day of Hurrricane Ophelia ? That was a strong gust of wind?

How many people would have been killed without a warning system in place?
    A comparable storm in the 1960s killed 15 people so it definitely saved lives.

This is all worth it if one live is saved but don't let that stop you from criticising the government and posting on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dead on. Plenty of ppl were breaking their holes laughing at all these feckin alerts. It’s too prevalent these days. It seems like every few days there’s a new alert. Most ppl seem to ignore them these days.

I was being sarcastic...I thought that was fairly obvious. I hope he didn't drown and if he got into trouble the emergency services should have no obligation to come and rescue him...the prat!

Yes, and I’m not sure specifically what nonsense Leo is talking? 😂

He said it was VITAL get indoors by 4. Why, I do not know. More bullsheet from the spin master.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watching the 9 news it would appear they are trying to persuade us, against the evidence, that things have got a lot worse.

And I wish they would stop showing the same clips over and over and over. By 907 tonight they had repeated the same clip 3 times. And if you have been off work and watching news during the day, you'd have seen that clip and the others many times already.

The footage seems to show most towns relatively clear for driving but the little back roads up to remote houses bad, but most people would expect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Gaming :)

Dead on. Why are people so willing to cooperate with blanket curfews when large parts of the country seem to be cold yes but not extremes. I don’t get what has happened to the Irish that we just fall into line with these alerts recently.

Why would you want to be outside in the current weather anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Have you looked at the live weather charts yourself or are you just going on a sceptical macho hunch here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'll get Evelyn on to see if she can give you a more personal eta, for yourself like.

gmisk wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic...I thought that was fairly obvious. I hope he didn't drown and if he got into trouble the emergency services should have no obligation to come and rescue him...the prat!

Don’t know how he got on but I can tell you that his attitude is widely shared. LOADS of people roll their eyes at these alerts and think wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The panic about being indoors for 24hrs looks slightly ott.

He said it was VITAL get indoors by 4. Why, I do not know. More bullsheet from the spin master.

Because the storm was due to hit this evening at an impossible to predict exact time and they want people home BEFORE it hands not just as it hits.

Makes complete sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement