Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yet they demanded we all were to shelter indoors as if it was nuclear fallout.

What a shower of plonkers they are. Egged on by the drama queens of Ireland.

Advised, and rightly so too.

What would you advise, stay out as long as you want and have people driving on the roads putting rescue services at risk?

I'll stick to the official advice thank you rather than your keyboard warrior nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

nostro wrote: »
    Your reasoning could be used to curtail many activities that are now considered normal on the basis that they could potentially cause a risk of injury somewhere. It is why children are no longer allowed to walk to school or play in playgrounds. Risk is a part of life and if you spend your days afraid of everything you are not living fully in my opinion..
    You sir are a snowflake

Slippery slope argument eh?

Did you just assume my gender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The biggest danger is people going home from the pub who might fall asleep. They would never wake up.

doylefe wrote: »
    Leo said if you are not indoors by 4, you'll probably die.

No he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

John_Rambo wrote: »
    If your neighbour went out for a walk in the Serengeti in a suit made from rashers and sausages to give two fingers up to the authority would you say "fair play mate"?

I prob would. His own business. I salute all the outdoor swimmers today who enjoyed the conditions regardless of whatever “advice” varadkar tried to peddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

RTE have been an embarrassment over this. Have the feeling if this wasn't effecting Dublin we'd be hearing pretty much nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Your reasoning could be used to curtail many activities that are now considered normal on the basis that they could potentially cause a risk of injury somewhere. It is why children are no longer allowed to walk to school or play in playgrounds. Risk is a part of life and if you spend your days afraid of everything you are not living fully in my opinion..
    You sir are a snowflake

Really? My kids cycle to school and peg around the yard at lunch time. Where do you live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I havent seen anyone blaming Leo, sure he doesnt make the weather.

You're hilarious. :rolleyes:

I hadn't said 'the weather'. Have another read.

going a bit stir crazy here

I prob would. His own business. I salute all the outdoor swimmers today who enjoyed the conditions regardless of whatever “advice” varadkar tried to peddle

hmmm... Have you swam in a river in February in Ireland and enjoyed the conditions? I'm beginning to think you're just making stuff up now.

• Advertisement

Having a cigar in your smoking jacket too, no doubt. You Hugh Hefner looking fecker ya.

No, haven't had a cigar in years. Just cigarettes these days, but I don't smoke in the house. Damned cold outside though.

hmmm... Have you swam in a river in February in Ireland and enjoyed the conditions? I'm beginning to think you're just making stuff up now.

When did I say that I swam in it? I said I salute people who choose to exercise their rights to do as THEY FCUCKIN WELL LIKED regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Banning any LCD Soundsystem tonight!!

Just kidding of course 😛

More bullsh1ttery from Murph on RTÉ now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No, haven't had a cigar in years. Just cigarettes these days, but I don't smoke in the house. Damned cold outside though.

‘tis surely. You’d wanna be a diehard to go out puffing in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Where was the ‘live’ report from Dundalk actually from?I suspect outside the studios in montrose.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    RTE have been an embarrassment over this. Have the feeling if this wasn't effecting Dublin we'd be hearing pretty much nothing.

No they haven't. 1 meter of snow on the way. How is that not worth reporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

When did I say that I swam in it? I said I salute people who choose to exercise their rights to do as THEY FCUCKIN WELL LIKED regardless

Regardless of the volunteers that may have to rescue them is it?who gives a **** about them right?eh eh?

You said you're neighbour swam in a river today and enjoyed the conditions.

I don't believe your neighbour swam in the river.

If he/she did, I doubt they enjoyed the conditions unless your neighbour is an otter or a mink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

Did you just assume my gender?

Assumed on the basis that your username is Samuel. Don't know too many females of that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Did you wear a wetsuit?

So what would say if you were him?

murpho999 wrote: »

RTÉ have been a joke ever since Sunday on this. Ooooh impending apocalypse coming at 4pm. Get indoors or else ooooo scary.

Total embarrassment.

No rolled up sleeves, he isn't working hard enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

+1. The whole leadership of the country is an embarassment. The country closed down, its Plus 1 degree Celcius with no snow in parts of the country and yet there are 10,000 tourists stranded here who cannot get home. International scandal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Calm down mate. It's only weather.

You said you're neighbour swam in a river today and enjoyed the conditions.

I don't believe your neighbour swam in the river.

If he/she did, I doubt they enjoyed the conditions unless your neighbour is an otter or a mink.

Are you aware that people wild swim throughout the winter, by choice? Why do they do it, would you think?

‘tis surely. You’d wanna be a diehard to go out puffing in that.

You've put the going on me now.....Here goes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

The Guinness West Indies be flowing and watching all the lovely ladies in The Deuce on the blurayvideo player

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

RTÉ have been a joke ever since Sunday on this. Ooooh impending apocalypse coming at 4pm. Get indoors or else ooooo scary.

Total embarrassment.

Have you looked out the window? You're banging on about 4pm but that is an estimate.

Eveything they have predicted is starting to arrive now.

• Advertisement

Really? My kids cycle to school and peg around the yard at lunch time. Where do you live?

In a place where that would now be extremely rare. Can't remember the last time I saw a kid cycling to school. Many children seem to be driven to the school gates by their parents.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Total embarrassment.
    You're easily embarrassed.

It's flipping snow not nuclear waste.

cycle4fun wrote: »
    +1. The whole leadership of the country is an embarassment. The country closed down, its Plus 1 degree Celcius with no snow in parts of the country and yet there are 10,000 tourists stranded here who cannot get home. International scandal.

That’s another thing. This little blizzard of fcukwittery really shows the whole Dublin centric media bias. If this was effecting say mayo and donegal the worst and not Leinster, would we have the fiasco we have seen unfolding over the last few days?

So far I haven't heard of anyone being arrested or shot for walking, driving or swimming. Where is this happening?

So far I haven't heard of anyone being arrested or shot for walking, driving or swimming. Where is this happening?

Stories on other threads about the coppers going around acting the hard men trying to close pubs. Based on what legislation, I do not know.

That’s another thing. This little blizzard of fcukwittery really shows the whole Dublin centric media bias. If this was effecting say mayo and donegal the worst and not Leinster, would we have the fiasco we have seen unfolding over the last few days?

Earlier post here from Mullingar. Lots of elderly people living in isolated areas with no power.
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    We've had a constant blizzard more or less since 11am near mullingar.

roads completely impassable.
    snow piled up inside walls and hedgerows.
    snow accumulated in huge drifts around sides of houses.

we won't be going anywhere for a while

Remember, there's life outside Dublin.

In a place where that would now be extremely rare. Can't remember the last time I saw a kid cycling to school. Many children seem to be driven to the school gates by their parents.

Most in my kids school walk, skate, cycle. Where do you live? Snowflakeville?

It's flipping snow not nuclear waste.

Yes, but it's a major weather event for Ireland.

Just look out your window. Try and get out and about tomorrow and say then it's flipping snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Some serious cabin fever in here over the last couple of pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Part of a nude conspiracy, Leo was running down O'Connell street stark bollick naked while everyone was hiding indoors.

Or maybe he was having sex with a pig...

I'd better put my pants on in case I'm being filmed in an episode of Black Mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The winds picking up here in the midlands. There’s already a fair amount of snow and it’s to get worse? Holy fook!

I’m just hoping beyond hope that the power and water don’t go. Hoping my wife will be able to make it back home tomorrow night after work.

Normally I wouldn’t be too worried but having had a hernia op recently, there’s sweet fa I can do if anything happens. Oh well, fingers crossed…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

watching Tv and browsing here and other sites

done a few push ups and weights too earlier

might be back in work 2morrow evening so no drink for me

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stories on other threads about the coppers going around acting the hard men trying to close pubs. Based on what legislation, I do not know.
    It's obviously a sinister government plot. They are oppressing us. It's an outrage.

You should phone Joe tomorrow. If the government haven't stopped Joe going to work that is. Who knows, these are sinister times we live in.

The evil Dublin meeja are up to their necks in this as well.

Yes, but it's a major weather event for Ireland.

Just look out your window. Try and get out and about tomorrow and say then it's flipping snow.

It's a bit of snow. That has been hyped up into a national disaster.

That could save some lives. People can fall asleep outside when they get drunk, and that would be lethal in this weather.

awec wrote: »
    It's obviously a sinister government plot. They are oppressing us. It's an outrage.

You should phone Joe tomorrow. If the government haven't stopped Joe going to work that is. Who knows, these are sinister times we live in.

The evil Dublin meeja are up to their necks in this as well.

If people want a drink and the pubs are open, let them on. Regardless of whatever is falling out of the sky.

mad muffin wrote: »
    The winds picking up here in the midlands. There’s already a fair amount of snow and it’s to get worse? Holy fook!

I’m just hoping beyond hope that the power and water don’t go. Hoping my wife will be able to make it back home tomorrow night after work.

Normally I wouldn’t be too worried but having had a hernia op recently, there’s sweet fa I can do if anything happens. Oh well, fingers crossed…

Frustratingly helpless, I feel for you, hope you recover well. If your wife works in a heated building with power, bedding and food she might have to stay put till it's safe to make a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I live in santry anyone know any take aways open in and around the santry, Beaumont, Artane area ?

Chipper down in drumcondra is still open can't think of it name offhand sorry

• Advertisement

It's a bit of snow. That has been hyped up into a national disaster.

People these days seem to love the hype and drama queen bullsh1ttery.

Advertisement