Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ummmm… did your man forget to button up his shirt? :confused:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

People these days seem to love the hype and drama queen bullsh1ttery.
    What's especially hilarious about this post is you are the biggest drama queen on this thread.

"Sinister government", "just cause it's Dublin", it's all a little tragic.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Frustratingly helpless, I feel for you, hope you recover well. If your wife works in a heated building with power, bedding and food she might have to stay put till it's safe to make a move.

She works in A&E Portlaoise. They’ve put them up in the local hotel for tonight as she’s back tomorrow morning. She’s off after that, so I’m hoping she’ll be able to make it home Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

People these days seem to love the hype and drama queen bullsh1ttery.

You're very angry for some reason. Go build a snowman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BBBbloody HHHell....it's cold in that wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I live in santry anyone know any take aways open in and around the santry, Beaumont, Artane area ?

I used to live there San Sans is best Chinese take away in santry. Worth a quick phone call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

awec wrote: »
    What's especially hilarious about this post is you are the biggest drama queen on this thread.

"Sinister government", "just cause it's Dublin", it's all a little tragic.

No, I’m calling out the drama queens. And they don’t like it up em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

mad muffin wrote: »
    She works in A&E Portlaoise. They’ve put them up in the local hotel for tonight as she’s back tomorrow morning. She’s off after that, so I’m hoping she’ll be able to make it home Friday night.

You should probably self medicate if you're at home alone.

(beer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Drinking/shopping online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yet they demanded we all were to shelter indoors as if it was nuclear fallout.

What a shower of plonkers they are. Egged on by the drama queens of Ireland.

There's no curfew so you're free to go out and about it you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, but it's a major weather event for Ireland.

Just look out your window. Try and get out and about tomorrow and say then it's flipping snow.

I will get out and about, so will my wife and kids. Love walking in adverse conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Read a bit of history earlier on the 'Battle of the River Plate'.

(beer)

On second thoughts Probably a bad idea Rambo mate. All that snow outside. Can’t be drinking in the circumstances.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    I will get out and about, so will my wife and kids. Love walking in adverse conditions.
    Are you after a Blue Peter badge or something? Nobody cares.

No, I’m calling out the drama queens. And they don’t like it up em

You're the most hyped up dramatist on this thread! You're beside yourself with indignation. Fashionably offended (on the internet).

namloc1980 wrote: »
    There's no curfew so you're free to go out and about it you wish.

I salute everyone who carries on regardless of the scutter that the govt and RTÉ have been pumping out.

Two fingers to the lot of em is always a healthy attitude.

More so than cowering for shelter at exactly 4 o’clock on the dot as Leo “advised”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On second thoughts Probably a bad idea Rambo mate. All that snow outside. Can’t be drinking in the circumstances.
    What do you think the entire country is doing right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Trying to find something to watch, and drinking some Tennessee Honey Jack Daniels.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I was driving a while ago (fuck you Leo, I won't do what you tell me) and it was just starting to get bad when I arrived home. I don't really want to sit inside all day tomorrow, so I'll probably wrap up well and go for a walk, take some photos, etc. When it snowed in 2010, I ended up going for a long walk on the beach on one of the worst days.

That wasn't aimed at you Beechwoodspark. But... You do need to calm down. Maybe a glass of red wine and a xanex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Whatever about the warnings being an embarrassment to some, I'm sure all the people stuck on the motorway in Devon for 24 hours wished the British Government did the same as ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No, I’m calling out the drama queens.

By acting like one.

Go out and do whatever it is you feel like you're being stopped from doing and stop whingeing about meteorologists trying to do a job and advise on how to advise so that serious injuries are prevented.

seamus wrote: »
    What do you think the entire country is doing right now?

Well as Rambo and the rest “advise”, safety first. Mind how you go. Be careful (high pitched whiney voice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

awec wrote: »
    Are you after a Blue Peter badge or something? Nobody cares.

But there you are responding :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

What are the chances of trains running Saturday ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

patmac wrote: »
    Whatever about the warnings being an embarrassment to some, I'm sure all the people stuck on the motorway in Devon for 24 hours wished the British Government did the same as ours.

Channel 5 just did a two hour special on the snow in the UK

But some people never watch or listen to or read any news. They won't have been aware of warnings not to go out.

(beer)

Lol if only I was one for the drink. I do have some tylex for the pain…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

I'm sitting in front of a lovely fire, having a brandy, watching TV and reading the rubbish people are posting while they complain about a weather warning and using every opportunity they can to blame it on Leo Varadkar.

Or the teachers, how could you forget the teachers??

What are the chances of trains running Saturday ?

Not good Tipboy. It's very very localised, some places hard it with power outages and uncleared points, some places only a few kilometres away hardly hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

patmac wrote: »

Not really. They knew the weather forecast before they took on their journeys. Turned sour, they got caught up in it, tough sh1t.
    The public need to be left make their own decisions, not dictated to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Teaching the kids how to play 45, eating junk, and trying to get 4 cats to be civil to each other, they are not used to being inside so much

Well as Rambo and the rest “advise”, safety first. Mind how you go. Be careful (high pitched whiney voice)

Definately. Safety first. You don't need the whiney voice though, it's getting tiresome.

Channel 5 just did a two hour special on the snow in the UK

But some people never watch or listen to or read any news. They won't have been aware of warnings not to go out.

I didn't even know Channel 5 was still a thing. Who watched that? It's full of all the garbage that even TV3 won't show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Clickbait wrote: »
    Pigging out like it's Christmas

Same here, I think it's a primeval trigger to stock up before a few months in the scratcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

According to the UK met office, the UK gets on average 23.7 days of snow fall or sleet a year (1981 - 2010).

Imagine if they had 23.7 days of curfew a year, they would never get anything done.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    I didn't even know Channel 5 was still a thing. Who watched that? It's full of all the garbage that even TV3 won't show.

You must watch it a lot to know so much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

You're the most hyped up dramatist on this thread! You're beside yourself with indignation. Fashionably offended (on the internet).

Why engage?

cycle4fun wrote: »
    According to the UK met office, the UK gets on average 23.7 days of snow fall or sleet a year (1981 - 2010).

Imagine if they had 23.7 days of curfew a year, they would never get anything done.

It’s ott. People are wondering what planet they are on.

cycle4fun wrote: »

I can only imagine how stupid you'd have to be to think the UK gets 23.7 days like this a year on average.

Ursummupet wrote: »
    Not really. They knew the weather forecast before they took on their journeys. Turned sour, they got caught up in it, tough sh1t.
    The public need to be left make their own decisions, not dictated to.

Who's dictating? There is nobody stopping you from going out. There may not be anywhere to go but that's down to the free choice of individual businesses.

• Advertisement

Beating the kids at scrabble and finishing off the last of the Christmas gin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Reading the book of dust since 6 this evening and the odd bit of posting on here or there abouts.

Why engage?

In case there's any children reading that might think he's a reasonable thinking adult I guess.

Anyone going out, walk with the wind in your back, and then walk backwards coming home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can a mod cull the trolls, a total bore at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

3 people including a 7 year old girl have died in the uk but yeah its just drama for the sake of it! :rolleyes:

I don’t understand… could he not have done up and tuck in his shirt in the mean time?

It’s ott. People are wondering what planet they are on.

Really?

In case there's any children reading that might think he's a reasonable thinking adult I guess.

Rambo believe me, there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who think this “lock down” is way over the top.

I know that probably angers you but accept it and try to come to an accommodation with that.

If it makes it easier for you, feel free to lash out. I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Collie D wrote: »
    Who's dictating? There is nobody stopping you from going out. There may not be anywhere to go but that's down to the free choice of individual businesses.

I went out. To work. Had a barbecue when I got home. Finished at 6 or after. Went for a walk locally.Like something from a Stephen King novel because of a band of ****w1ts. Who despite how wrong they are professionally will still be in a job next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement