Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

3 people including a 7 year old girl have died in the uk but yeah its just drama for the sake of it! :rolleyes:

On a bank holiday weekend in Germany 50 people die on the roads there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Rambo believe me, there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who think this “lock down” is way over the top.

I know that probably angers you but accept it and try to come to an accommodation with that.

If it makes it easier for you, feel free to lash out. I understand.

How can you tell that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

cycle4fun wrote: »
    According to the UK met office, the UK gets on average 23.7 days of snow fall or sleet a year (1981 - 2010).

Imagine if they had 23.7 days of curfew a year, they would never get anything done.

Most of that is on higher ground. A figure you conveniently left out.

Clones has more days of snowfall than that, per year.

But who cares about proper stats when you want to make a witty post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ursummupet wrote: »
    I went out. To work. Had a barbecue when I got home. Finished at 6 or after. Went for a walk locally.Like something from a Stephen King novel because of a band of ****w1ts. Who despite how wrong they are professionally will still be in a job next week.

So nobody stopped you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

seamus wrote: »
    What do you think the entire country is doing right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Can a mod cull the trolls, a total bore at this stage.

If you want an echo chamber head on over to the weather forum where decent is swiftly dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

patmac wrote: »
    Whatever about the warnings being an embarrassment to some, I'm sure all the people stuck on the motorway in Devon for 24 hours wished the British Government did the same as ours.

There’s 65 million people in Britain, so what if there’s a couple of dozen stuck on a motorway. At least they didn’t shut the whole country down.

Embarrassing stuff from the Irish Government as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

John_Rambo wrote: »
    In case there's any children reading that might think he's a reasonable thinking adult I guess.

Not much worry there. People have common sense. You dont always need to win the argument to win the argument.

Its not even freezing in parts of the country now. Yet a Bl**dy curfew on schools, business etc all day.

Its ok for those who will get paid to not work anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

mad muffin wrote: »
    I don’t understand… could he not have done up and tuck in his shirt in the mean time?

It looks like he was dragged from his bed and thrown into the studio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Rambo believe me, there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who think this “lock down” is way over the top.

There's no lock down, that's in your head. It's just good advice. Don't forget, if you do (and you won't, cause you're an armchair, keyboard revolutionist) head out and get yourself in a tangle some crew in a Defender are going to have to head out and pull you out of a ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Collie D wrote: »
    So nobody stopped you?

No but it obviously stopped any amount of fools who can't think for themselves. Poor idiots. Lapped it up proper they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A possible metre of snow to fall, if true I will need to build a tunnel out of the house tomorrow morning...
    MET ÉIREANN’S EVELYN Cusack has said that up to a metre of snow could fall in eastern areas of the country as part of the current severe weather event.

http://www.thejournal.ie/forecast-snow-3880412-Mar2018/

There’s 65 million people in Britain, so what if there’s a couple of dozen stuck on a motorway. At least they didn’t shut the whole country down.

Embarrassing stuff from the Irish Government as usual.

If you're embarrassed that's OK. But you don't represent everybody.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I went out. To work. Had a barbecue when I got home. Finished at 6 or after. Went for a walk locally.Like something from a Stephen King novel because of a band of ****w1ts. Who despite how wrong they are professionally will still be in a job next week.
    You're hard as nails.

Honestly, all these "look at me, look at me, I went out in the snow" posts, do you think people here are impressed or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Not much worry there. People have common sense. You dont always need to win the argument to win the argument.

You're 100% correct. Good night and stay safe.

Its not even freezing in parts of the country now. Yet a Bl**dy curfew on schools, business etc all day.

A day early. How stupid is that?

awec wrote: »
    You're hard as nails.

Honestly, all these "look at me, look at me, I went out in the snow" posts, do you think people here are impressed or something?

It’s more that people resent being fed crap by the authorities and are happy to do their own thing. Instead of rushing for shelter at 4 pm on the dot.

You're hard as nails.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying ye have the mindset of a snooker ball. Go where you're hit. Willingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

A possible metre of snow to fall, if true I will need to build a tunnel out of the house tomorrow morning...

http://www.thejournal.ie/forecast-snow-3880412-Mar2018/

Why? Are you a dwarf?

• Advertisement

With the advent of this newfangled internet, a large proportion of those people were able to work while not actually being at their desk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It looks like he was dragged from his bed and thrown into the studio

Lol, yeah :D

With the advent of this newfangled internet, a large proportion of those people were able to work while not actually being at their desk

yeah, 2.3%. Big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

derekc1010 wrote: »
    just finished painting the bedroom
    knackered and having a beer or 3

Man after me own heart!

Working from home at the moment.

Earlier on I did a bit of work doing up the under-the-stairs area. Giving it the self-leveling cement treatment tomorrow.

Also did some baking with the little guy; bread and some buns.

Have a few bevvies waiting in the fridge, calling out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Still a good crowd in the local pub. I'll have two more pints and go home then. 10 is enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm not saying that. I'm saying ye have the mindset of a snooker ball. Go where you're hit. Willingly.
    At least we have mavericks like you to ensure Ireland remains free. There was a risk there for a while.

yeah, 2.3%. Big deal.

From which orifice have you pulled that number?

Still a good crowd in the local pub. I'll have two more pints and go home then. 10 is enough.

Good on u mate. Enjoy!

If I've learned nothing else from this thread, It's how much people want to be able to go to work every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

On a bank holiday weekend in Germany 50 people die on the roads there.
    How irresponsible of the Germans not to go on lockdown every bank holiday weekend to prevent this loss of life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Watching Archer.

Drinking whiskey.

I haven't heard of anyone being rescued from the Wicklow mountains. Driving skills must have improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

nostro wrote: »
    How irresponsible of the Germans not to go on lockdown every bank holiday weekend to prevent this loss of life

2/10 must try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Some people are getting fierce ratty

So let's take things up a notch,

Fck marry kill... Teresa May, Arlene Foster and Hilary Clinton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

yeah, 2.3%. Big deal.

Ah go for a cycle

At least we have mavericks like you to ensure Ireland remains free. There was a risk there for a while.

If it rid the place of cockroaches like yourself, I'd pay Rentokil myself. You fvcking mong.

Anyway...back on weather news. Wind has certainly picked up in last hour or so in north Dublin. Looks more like sleet falling now (or blowing sideways)...miserable night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

spud82 wrote: »

Kill...Myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Like xmas people will be praying this is all over in a day so normality can resume.

Novelty is wearing off already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 East Beast 18

Honestly this is a non event in south Dublin so far. I think people should get red warnings etc but not go into lockdown mode over it. People and business should get by like normal and just be extra cautious. I've driven in far worse winds and rain than this breeze with flurry of very light snow.

As for this metre of snow. Will ya stop lol. There's no chance of that happening. As of now there's 2 to 3 inches of snow in general all over Dublin. If you want to go find a hedge or a wall with snow piled up to it next to it and take a selfie to pretend we've deep snow then be my guest. I'm sure parts of the wicklow mountains where no one lives will get deep snow. But who cares about that.

It was obvious today who the people who were struggling were. Lads out in light tracksuits, no scarf no hats no gloves, even some had no winter coats or jackets. :rolleyes: people need to dress appropriately. Your gaa jersey and boot cut jeans will only get you by some of the time in Ireland. :rolleyes:

Look at any day we've strong winds and heavy rain. There's always loads of car accident's and people getting killed. Why are we so precious when it comes to a bit of snow? The same amount of people would die as a normal Irish day of bad weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If it rid the place of cockroaches like yourself, I'd pay Rentokil myself. You fvcking mong.

You earn your name anyway :pac:

You made me really angry by misspelling two of their names.

Kill...Myself

haha given the choice I'd do the same too,

In odd news I have a crush on Jeremy Corbyn? Should i worry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Or the teachers, how could you forget the teachers??

You paying attention?

You made me really angry by misspelling two of their names.

I have dyslexia so sorry if my spelling isn't perfect :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I just went for a walk in order to deliver an apocalyptic riposte to Leo's totalitarianism.

The government is expected to topple tomorrow.

Now I'm in front of the fire with an imperial stout looking for a box set on which to get started.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You earn your name anyway :pac:

Post doesn't even make sense. If you're going to be banned at least be in context instead of for doing a Travis Bickle impersonation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I have dyslexia so sorry if my spelling isn't perfect :rolleyes:

Dyslexia but not google?

• Advertisement
Advertisement