Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Collie D wrote: »
    Anyway...back on weather news. Wind has certainly picked up in last hour or so in north Dublin. Looks more like sleet falling now (or blowing sideways)...miserable night.

Oh dear. Gubberment was right to have a curfew.

nostro wrote: »
    How irresponsible of the Germans not to go on lockdown every bank holiday weekend to prevent this loss of life

If Leo and the lads were in charge there, they would lock the place down to save 50 people every bank holiday weekend.

Reminds me of the old saying...if the Irish were in Holland, we'd drown.
    If the Dutch were here, this island would be feeding the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Dyslexia but not google?

Calm your tits ffs what does it matter, wanted to have a bit of craic here, and not get made feel stupid or upset like I sometimes do in work. Jesus like:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

cycle4fun wrote: »

If Leo and the lads were in charge there, they would lock the place down to save 50 people every bank holiday weekend.

I'm starting to think you wouldn't be much fun cycling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

spud82 wrote: »
    Calm your tits ffs what does it matter, wanted to have a bit of craic here, and not get made feel stupid or upset like I sometimes do in work. Jesus like:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awwww. I feel bad now. Did you here about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Oh dear. Gubberment was right to have a curfew

Advice not curfew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Jesus some people are never happy. No matter what the weather is like they'll complain about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

:pac::D Love it!

Awwww. I feel bad now. Did you here about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?

Shouldn't that be hear :o:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Yes but seems irish people blame everything on the government and have no personal responsibility you can't really blame them for covering their arses.

Shouldn't that be hear :o:P

It certainly shud.

• Advertisement

It certainly shud.

gud man i was wuurried :D:D:D:D:D:o:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Why are u including me in that? I said my neighbour told me he was going swimming to give two fingers to authority. I said fair play mate. That was the height of my involvement.

Yeah but your so mad n stuff that you were too lazy to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Or it could be the fact that we dont get extreme weather like this that often so extra precautions are neccesary?

Bur your exactly the kind of person who would be complaining if they did spend money and time on more infrastructure for things like this but the weather never came,. Theres no pleasing people like yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

cycle4fun seems to think he can FAKE NEWS his way to victory against the Black Ops who run the world gubberment

Or something.

This is how the weak among will perish and not inherit the earth this time anyway

What about the meek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 East Beast 18

Anyone know any Take aways open and delivering tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah but your so mad n stuff that you were too lazy to do it

I had no intention of doing it myself. The neighbour did it. And fair play to him. He said it was two fingers to authority.

Anyone know any Take aways open and delivering tonight?

Have you checked the thread on that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Yes but seems irish people blame everything on the government and have no personal responsibility you can't really blame them for covering their arses.

Leo's PR team to sector 4, Leo's PR team to sector 4....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There was no curfew. There was a Red Warning that said people should stay indoors. Your choice after that.

I think it was a good call myself. Got people home and safe early enough.

Where I am there is no chance I would open a door or a window all day. Nearly 8 inches of snow here already, and getting higher.. Heat on 24/7.

The snow storm for Dublin is not coming in until after midnight, and according to the weather forecast could bring in a further metre of snow overnight. No one has any patience anymore. I blame Facebook and other Social media for getting people excited. READ the FORECASTS!

And if you can see this chart, that big pink blob from the East over Wales is gathering speed.

Igloos it is you'll be needing not a fekkin moan almighty.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I had no intention of doing it myself. The neighbour did it. And fair play to him. He said it was two fingers to authority.

You can do it tomorrow.

You can do it tomorrow.

Why wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Any in limerick open? If I can't get my hands on a pizza I'll have nothing to eat other than the girlfriend's spice box between her legs.

Why wait?

It's a bit breezy.

• Advertisement

Tbf the people who dont think there is anything going on should have a kip outside or go for a few km's of a run for the next few hours. Really teach those stayin in a lesson

Any in limerick open? If I can't get my hands on a pizza I'll have nothing to eat other than the girlfriend's spice box between her legs.

Limerick, the capital of culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Leo's PR team to sector 4, Leo's PR team to sector 4....

Ah it is true though.

You are the classic example of blame the government for doing nothing or doing something.

And blaming your sad life and choices on leo varadkar, its all his fault.

Grow up and and stop looking for someone else to blame.

Yeah and your both madlads for it, whats your problem? Your just as awesome as he is to be on here telling his story about raging against the machine

You can do it tomorrow.

I have no intention of doing it as it stands but yes, I may change my mind tomorrow. Nothing is stopping any of us regardless of these “red alerts” they are foisting on the country.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Hopefully met eirean will review their warning protocols after this.

The rest of the British isles are putting us to shame.

The overreaction here has been deeply embarrassing.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah and your both madlads for it, whats your problem? Your just as awesome as he is to be on here telling his story about raging against the machine

he is mid 50s so he’s doin some fair raging against the machine for years at this stage. Same lad loves doing charity parachute jumps.

I have no intention of doing it as it stands but yes, I may change my mind tomorrow. Nothing is stopping any of us regardless of these “red alerts” they are foisting on the country.

Get some people to sponsor you for charity.

I chuck in 50cent if he can do a circuit of Dun Laoghaire harbour.

Red zone in south west England. Orange for the rest of the UK, except western part of NI, yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Ah it is true though.

You are the classic expense of blame the government for doing nothing or doing something.

And blaming your sad life and choices on leo varadkar, its all his fault.

Grow up and and stop looking for someone else to blame.

Funny that, iv'e never been happier.

You on the other hand blame the unemployed, the poor, the single mum's etc.. for all our countries woes.

Grow up and stop looking for someone else to blame.

See anyone can do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how so? they have the same public warning protocol as us

*anyway its still too early to say ME have over reacted

WILL WE ALL HAVE A GROUP HUG

• Site Banned Posts: 23 swift18

i live in a middle class suburb
    leftist **** down the street somehow convinces local politicians to build a temporary asylum seeker shelter on my street
    temperature -2 for 2 days
    central heating of asylum centre broke today
    "local activists" decide it's a good idea to steal fuel from homes around the shelter
    including mine
    as i'm out walking my dogs i notice them stealing fuel from my yard
    i call the local sergeant
    13 leftists get arrested
    when the gardaí turn up the refugees attack them and 4 refugees get arrested aswell
    i claim they broke my gate, damaged my car and tried to break into my house, neighbours do the same
    a couple of hours later the refugees are tampering with the esb connection and blow the transformer for the local area
    they cant even run electric heaters now
    the whole village is dark except my house and my neighbours because we have diesel generators
    they see me here sitting in in my living room and that makes the whole situation more comfy
    people keep ringing the doorbell and banging on the windows all evening but i'm not opening
    i'm sure they want to leech something off me
    i'm currrently thinking of starting a large bonfire in the garden and calling the guards on everyone who trespasses

• Advertisement

I would stand on the river bank saying good on you mate and giving two fingers to the authorities.

Tis a healthier attitude than cowering for shelter at 4 pm on the dot. You may have noticed, the Irish are not exactly fond of such bullsh1t

Re this "neighbour" supposing the story is true.

Does he usually swim in the river?
    If so, fair enough..it's his routine

If not and it was a once off to give "two fingers to authority" what exactly did he achieve other than shrivelled genitalia and a sniffle? Will he be running for office? Does he think "authority" even knows or that Leo could give a ****?

Will you put these questions to him for me?

swift18 wrote: »
    i live in a middle class suburb
    leftist **** down the street somehow convinces local politicians to build a temporary asylum seeker shelter on my street
    temperature -2 for 2 days
    central heating of asylum centre broke today
    "local activists" decide it's a good idea to steal fuel from homes around the shelter
    including mine
    as i'm out walking my dogs i notice them stealing fuel from my yard
    i call the local sergeant
    13 leftists get arrested
    when the gardaí turn up the refugees attack them and 4 refugees get arrested aswell
    i claim they broke my gate, damaged my car and tried to break into my house, neighbours do the same
    a couple of hours later the refugees are tampering with the esb connection and blow the transformer for the local area
    they cant even run electric heaters now
    the whole village is dark except my house and my neighbours because we have diesel generators
    they see me here sitting in in my living room and that makes the whole situation more comfy
    people keep ringing the doorbell and banging on the windows all evening but i'm not opening
    i'm sure they want to leech something off me
    i'm currrently thinking of starting a large bonfire in the garden and calling the guards on everyone who trespasses

Shakespeare's stories are better

I would stand on the river bank saying good on you mate and giving two fingers to the authorities.

Tis a healthier attitude than cowering for shelter at 4 pm on the dot. You may have noticed, the Irish are not exactly fond of such bullsh1t

Bollocks. If Paddy can be at home with a stack of bread and spuds and a few beers he's never happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

fryup wrote: »
    how so? they have the same public warning protocol as us

*anyway its still too early to say ME have over reacted

Considering we’re about 7 hours into a red warming, nope, I think we can say we’ve over reacted.

There are no middle class suburbs in Roscommon. Must be Leitrim.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bit of a weirdo influx tonight lads.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Shakespeare's stories are better

No one from a 'middle class suburb' is that bad at punctuation; halting site, maybe.

awec wrote: »
    Bit of a weirdo influx tonight lads.

The only thing it was missing was leftists and asylum seekers.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    The only thing it was missing was leftists and asylum seekers.

Would guns be a good idea right now?

Advertisement