Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Collie D wrote: »
    Re this "neighbour" supposing the story is true.

Does he usually swim in the river?
    If so, fair enough..it's his routine

If not and it was a once off to give "two fingers to authority" what exactly did he achieve other than shrivelled genitalia and a sniffle? Will he be running for office? Does he think "authority" even knows or that Leo could give a ****?

Will you put these questions to him for me?
    He swims regularly. He is an outdoor set hunting shooting fishing type. Horse trainer. Mid 50s.

Does stuff like charity parachute jumps, used to do rallying. Basically does what he likes and doesn’t take kindly to “advice” telling him to stay indoors on days he doesn’t want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Think it was the AA Roadwatch wan on Radio One earlier who said she stayed in a hotel near the studio last night.

I believe Newstalk are putting their staff up in a nearby hotel. Seán Moncrieff, however, 'let it slip' that Ivan Yates is staying in the Fitzwilliam Hotel, away from the hoi polloi!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I am loving the weather...absolutely loving it. I feel like I'm on holiday...Out on the slopes with the sleds all day...home for a hot chocolate...out again and back for a coddle for dinner...Best thing is I'm at home and can relax and enjoy a glass of wine by the fire.

I do feel bad for those who can't enjoy it... But for us it's so lovely enjoying this bonus time together with this fantastic weather (subject to what Emma brings tonight!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Playing Dark Souls, listening to podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Would guns be a good idea right now?

Don't be silly. When are they ever a bad idea?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Hopefully met eirean will review their warning protocols after this.

The rest of the British isles are putting us to shame.

The overreaction here has been deeply embarrassing.

Ah I dunno, there was a snowflake spotted in parts of the west and n. west, today ( Thursday), just as well the gubberment cancelled the public transport there like.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

Honestly this is a non event in south Dublin so far. I think people should get red warnings etc but not go into lockdown mode over it. People and business should get by like normal and just be extra cautious. I've driven in far worse winds and rain than this breeze with flurry of very light snow.

As for this metre of snow. Will ya stop lol. There's no chance of that happening. As of now there's 2 to 3 inches of snow in general all over Dublin. If you want to go find a hedge or a wall with snow piled up to it next to it and take a selfie to pretend we've deep snow then be my guest. I'm sure parts of the wicklow mountains where no one lives will get deep snow. But who cares about that.

Look at any day we've strong winds and heavy rain. There's always loads of car accident's and people getting killed. Why are we so precious when it comes to a bit of snow? The same amount of people would die as a normal Irish day of bad weather.

But what about the 7yr old that died in England. If we hadn't shut down the whole fecking country it might have happened here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He swims regularly. He is an outdoor set hunting shooting fishing type. Horse trainer. Mid 50s.

Does stuff like charity parachute jumps, used to do rallying. Basically does what he likes and doesn’t take kindly to “advice” telling him to stay indoors on days he doesn’t want to.
    He sounds like Putin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Considering we’re about 7 hours into a red warming, nope, I think we can say we’ve over reacted.

maybe it seems like that in your neck of the woods,

but some parts of the country are under 6 ft of snow with conditions worsening by the hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Watching Archer.

Drinking whiskey.

While in the...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

cycle4fun wrote: »
    Ah I dunno, there was a snowflake spotted in parts of the west and n. west, today ( Thursday), just as well the gubberment cancelled the public transport there like.

What's gubberment?

Considering we’re about 7 hours into a red warming, nope, I think we can say we’ve over reacted.

Very much so.

I am loving the weather...absolutely loving it. I feel like I'm on holiday...Out on the slopes with the sleds all day...home for a hot chocolate...out again and back for a coddle for dinner...Best thing is I'm at home and can relax and enjoy a glass of wine by the fire.

I do feel bad for those who can't enjoy it... But for us it's so lovely enjoying this bonus time together with this fantastic weather (subject to what Emma brings tonight!)

This post made my day for some reason. Please tell me you're in your 70s to make it even better

The bromance is real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Your hero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I haven't been outside for a while (gubberment snipers). What is it like at the moment?

gmisk wrote: »
    He sounds like Putin!

I laughed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What's gubberment?

He's trying his best to spell the big words

nostro wrote: »
    But what about the 7yr old that died in England. If we hadn't shut down the whole fecking country it might have happened here.

2.5/10 you get a bonus 0.5 for it being in bad taste.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Your hero?

At least he thinks for himself and gives two fingers to authorities who seem to have completely ballsed up this “red alert”. A national red alert don’t forget.

In the immortal words of the great roddy Doyle-ask me bollix.

• Advertisement

Hopefully met eirean will review their warning protocols after this.

The rest of the British isles are putting us to shame.

The overreaction here has been deeply embarrassing.

Is this the same British isles that had people stranded on motorways for 10+ hours? I'd rather be here where we're kept regularly informed and updated so as to avoid that misery!

I get the impression Leo isn't the only one who'd like two fingers from your 'neighbour'.

At least he thinks for himself and gives two fingers to authorities who seem to have completely ballsed up this “red alert”. A national red alert don’t forget.

In the immortal words of the great roddy Doyle-ask me bollix.

He could have two frostbitten fingers, if he's not careful.

Collie D wrote: »
    This post made my day for some reason. Please tell me you're in your 70s to make it even better

Feck off! I'm a spring chicken!

Feck off! I'm a spring chicken!

You're dead at this stage. Although I also love it when a plan comes together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Total overreaction. Met Éireann weather gurls are gonna look rather silly tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

nostro wrote: »
    There has been an orwellian effort to make people afraid of the weather f.

Yeah they''re using the weather to imprison us in a perpetual dystopia by giving the kids and their parents a day off.

This is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Why do we suddenly give a **** who's neighbor is doing what. Let him off who cares

Ok bear with me but I’d say there’s loads of guys n gals around the country heading out for a midnight swim as we speak. More power to them.

Why be confined at home since 4pm on “advice” which seems to have been deeply flawed at this stage. Fair enough Wicklow and higher ground in the east have got hit. But NATIONWIDE????

• Advertisement

Total overreaction. Met Éireann weather gurls are gonna look rather silly tomorrow.
    Maybe look at the live maps?....it hasn't hit everywhere yet, Dublin is only really at very start of this now....
    https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Why do we suddenly give a **** who's neighbor is doing what. Let him off who cares

Exactly. Let people do what they fcukin want.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

I haven't been outside for a while (gubberment snipers). What is it like at the moment?

Howling blizzards. Total whiteout. 10 feet of snow. Exactly as predicted.

I quite agree, so if they want to heed advice on the weather - let them.

Ok bear with me but I’d say there’s loads of guys n gals around the country heading out for a midnight swim as we speak. More power to them.

Why be confined at home since 4pm on “advice” which seems to have been deeply flawed at this stage. Fair enough Wicklow and higher ground in the east have got hit. But NATIONWIDE????

People in Monaghan and Offaly were asking to be put in the Red Zone, because Louth and Kildare were in it. And then Galway would want it and then Clare. It was impossible to stop.

People CAN do what they want. There's no curfew. The dramatics, jaysus.

• Advertisement

Er who is saying people can't?!? Its a red alert it's not a mandatory curfew.
    However people shouldn't expect anyone to help them if they get into trouble.

People CAN do what they want. There's no curfew. The dramatics, jaysus.

Nor should there ever be a curfew. Glad you see the light.

Where the fcuk are you - it's pitch black out.

But there never was and is no curfew. Are you confused by what a weather warning is? Seems like it.

But there never was and is no curfew. Are you confused by what a weather warning is? Seems like it.

No I’m not at all confused. I just don’t take kindly to the authorities talking scutter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Atein' crisps....so many crisps

No I’m not at all confused. I just don’t take kindly to the authorities talking scutter

So are trying to emulate them or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Popped out the front just for curiosity.

Put the ruler in. its 5 inches on the road, 6 inches on the Path so far.
    I guess the roads were more clear earlier.

Coming down heavy in tallaght out my window.

Several more hours of this and we might hit 10+inches. Very interesting to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

[QUOTE=Ursummupet;106310932]If it rid the place of cockroaches like yourself, I'd pay Rentokil myself. You fvcking mong.[/QUOTE]

Mod note: Ursummuppet , don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Yr the only one talking shutter in here. Are you on drugs?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

manonboard wrote: »
    Several more hours of this and we might hit 10+inches. Very interesting to watch.

Durty

What do you intend to do about it?

What do you intend to do about it?

Swim! Swim! Swim!

Things are getting fairly hairy here (dublin 10) look at the live radio, it's only just starting...we have about 20cm at door already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

gmisk wrote: »
    Maybe look at the live maps?....it hasn't hit everywhere yet, Dublin is only really at very start of this now....

• Advertisement
Advertisement