Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In fairness, because of all the unnecessary palaver, there is nowhere to go. Might as well stay in.

You can go for a swim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Beethoven9th

murpho999 wrote: »
    They never said the storm would hit at 4.

They actually did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

murpho999 wrote: »
    So it snows every night where you live?

I am in Bray now and it's a very unusual night. Snowing very heavily and wind is getting stronger.

It’s not ‘snowing heavily’ in Bray. I’m in Greystones. There’s a strong wind and tiny flecks of snow.
    Nothing to get all excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Because lots of roads are not safe to drive on and there is no public transport.

It's called foresight.

Better that than what I saw from Scotland tonight where people are complaining they were told nothing and are trapped in their cars on the icy roads. People who were allowed off work early in Edinburgh were going out to the cars and lorries with food and supplies for those trapped in them. Something like that happened here in 1982 when some did not get home for days. Do people want situations like that here again? It's only going to be for a few days. Better to be safe than sorry, as my mother used to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

gmisk wrote: »
    He sounds like some man for one man! He swims in stormy seas while giving the government two fingers (ohhh err!)

It was a river actually.

But the news showed ppl swimming in the sea.

More power to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The local pub for example was packed out this evening. Load of ppl having a great time and drinking away no work in the morning.

Whilst defying the government imposed curfew? Rebellious hoores.

• Administrators Posts: 54,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Very much doubt my neighbour was the only person to ignore the warnings.

The local pub for example was packed out this evening. Load of ppl having a great time and drinking away no work in the morning.
    Why don't you go join them and save us all from your inane wittering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Beethoven9th

Why did they put Eoghan Murphy in charge of this anyway. He cant find his arse from his elbow with just deciding how many homeless people there are in Dublin !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Can ye imagine... If Boards Bosses banned ALL Snow talk and associated blame-imparting..... Oh. My. God! What would we all do... We'd have nothing else to talk about! :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Save up some of the snow. You will need it because the people of the West won't give you water from the Shannon.

ive seen people in the West out watering their moss-ridden lawns after 3 sunny days!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Whilst defying the government imposed curfew? Rebellious hoores.
    It's like the hunger games!
    This poster is truly our Katniss Everdeen!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

Snow is absolutely class, the standstill the country comes to is a great novelty. It's like reality and the world stop, people seem friendlier. Perhaps its the scarcity of it is what gives it such a mystique. But I'm loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

It’s probably cuz they can’t legally declare a curfew that they use the weasel words like advice and strongly recommend.

Thank fcuk they can’t legally do it.

Why would they want to declare a curfew?

Jeez, some people are never happy. The same lads complaining they were advised to stay inside are the same lads who'll complain when the emergency services are called out to rescue some c*nt who went for a wander outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

doylefe wrote: »
    To be fair, public transport shut down, government shutdown, private businesses shut down out of fear of liability. Might as well be a curfew.

But it’s not a curfew. The govt shuts down for months in the summer, that’s not a curfew either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,468 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is no sun just clouds. It should be pitch black outside the back of the house but instead its like there is street lights on. Anyone else have this outside their house. It's not just tonight either it was like this the last two nights as well.

I have a theory but could be wrong. First I want to know has anyone else noticed it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭manonboard

my friend was out in the pub tonight.
    There was the odd cheeky snapchat bragging,
    He's fecked up his knee awful on the way home. Said it was just a slip, but cant put pressure on it at all. Nothing broken thankfully.

Awful eejit for being out tonight. He never goes out.

Mind yourself folks. Take it easy and enjoy the indoor rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Very much doubt my neighbour was the only person to ignore the warnings.

How did they get out with the curfew??

There is no such thing as a Beer Jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Just turned the lights off in the house because the Irish Army were shooting people for being out in the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Where I am in south Dublin it is properly vicious now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,579 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It’s not ‘snowing heavily’ in Bray. I’m in Greystones. There’s a strong wind and tiny flecks of snow.
    Nothing to get all excited about.

16911r9.jpg

You really are talking rubbish.

Here is where I live, taken about half an hour ago.

Plenty of snow on the ground. Photo does not show snow that is falling or wind.

Also not forecast to stop snowing until tomorrow night.

I refuse to believe you have hardly any snow in Greystones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Snow clouds?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's reflection from the snow. Why are you expecting it to be pitch black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Have you a chimney fire ?

Just saw three Gardaí in riot gear smashing up a snowman on the front green with their batons.

• Advertisement

full moon too..

Just turned the lights off in the house because the Irish Army were shooting people for being out in the snow.
    Look they said people would be shot on site after 4 clearly on RTE all day! They have no one to blame but themselves!

Also will their bodies count when measuring the snowfall?

Just saw three Gardaí in riot gear smashing up a snowman on the front green with their batons.

(Ice) Block Lives Matter!!!

Were a laughing stock. Just spoke to a friend in Calary and he's in stitches. A few inches (oh sorry its all CMs now) of snow and you'ld be forgiven for thinking the end was nigh.

This is what happens when you have a total Dublin-centric outlook. RTE, Joe Duffy, Met Éireann, Taoiseach, Conor Facnumb.
    I wager none of them ever did an honest days work exposed to the elements in their mollycoddled lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

AMKC wrote: »
    There is no sun just clouds. It should be pitch black outside the back of the house but instead its like there is street lights on. Anyone else have this outside their house. It's not just tonight either it was like this the last two nights as well.

I have a theory but could be wrong. First I want to know has anyone else noticed it.

I'm intrigued by this theory of yours...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

A few inches (oh sorry its all CMs now)

Yeah, since the 1970s. Can somebody get their grandad off the internet, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

AMKC wrote: »
    ....... its like there is street lights on.

Is there street lights on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,860 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Probably some class of a fancy government nuclear weapons test seeing as we all have to stay indoors until middle of the day tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Low lying clouds trapping the light from towns and cities.

Either that or it's the Russian invasion fleet covertly arriving behind their snow-clouds of stealth.

Were a laughing stock. Just spoke to a friend in Calary and he's in stitches. A few inches (oh sorry its all CMs now) of snow and you'ld be forgiven for thinking the end was nigh.

This is what happens when you have a total Dublin-centric outlook. RTE, Joe Duffy, Met Éireann, Taoiseach, Conor Facnumb.
    I wager none of them ever did an honest days work exposed to the elements in their mollycoddled lives.

I think I found your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,579 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Never heard of so many people who have spoken to Canadians, Slovakians, Dutch and Germans today and also spoke to random tourists on the street who are all laughing at Ireland. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

The power just went out in Swords and I noticed this too... There are no street lights on... I just assumed it's the full moon... It can be very bright and some of that must be making it through the clouds?

The bastards have used the threat of bad weather to foist a police state on us.

With snowballs in our fists we shall resist.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

But it’s not a curfew. The govt shuts down for months in the summer, that’s not a curfew either.

The real government never shuts down ( except for now) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Low lying clouds trapping the light from towns and cities.

Either that or it's the Russian invasion fleet covertly arriving behind their snow-clouds of stealth.

Hmm. You seemed to jump to blaming the Russians rather quicky... Are you sure you're not just blaming the Russians to use as a front for your Insect army invasion?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

North Kildare- buried under very heavy snow. Fair wind whipping it up into drifts, lots of new snow falling. Haven't seen anything like it since 2010, and this is undoubtedly worse.

Pretty much exactly as advertised.

Or... or am I just seeing what They want me to see? They planted the ideas, the imagery... all day long on the radio and the Twitter and the Instagram. Christmas FM... of course they're in on it. Christmas tunes and snowmen with artsy filters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Calary is in Wicklow

North Kildare- buried under very heavy snow. Fair wind whipping it up into drifts, lots of new snow falling. Haven't seen anything like it since 2010, and this is undoubtedly worse.

Pretty much exactly as advertised.

Or... or am I just seeing what They want me to see? They planted the ideas, the imagery... all day long on the radio and the Twitter and the Instagram. Christmas FM... of course they're in on it. Christmas tunes and snowmen with artsy filters.

Don't forget the chem trails!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

gmisk wrote: »
    Don't forget the chem trails!

"Red alert"... it's a Pavlovian trigger phrase.

Fight the powder!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Welcome to Boards Mr Paul Murphy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Full Moon.

I think I found your friend.

Leo & the National Emergency Co-ordination Council are headhunting him as we speak. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jaxxx wrote: »
    Hmm. You seemed to jump to blaming the Russians rather quicky... Are you sure you're not just blaming the Russians to use as a front for your Insect army invasion?? :eek:

;)

Advertisement