Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭pgj2015

No matter how much snow or ice comes you'll still see guys in shorts out jogging , clowns out cycling in their spandex and inexperienced muppets being rescued off of mountain tops.bad weather really brings out the lunatics.

And lads in shorts and sandals with no socks just strolling around the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I tend to stop in my local lidl on the way home from the gym on a normal Monday, and they've usually no bread, very little milk, big gaps in the fridges, lots of empty shelves of fresh produce. I'd actually come to the conclusion they just use Mondays to run down the weekend stock, so I'm a bit skeptical that it's massive amounts of panic buying that emptied the shelves yesterday. Nice hype for the supermarkets for today though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still only grey clouds need to be cobalt blue for real snow, crazy thing is in a country that has more rain than most it never rains when we want it too. Right now it's -1 in Dublin so any rain now will be snow.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still only grey clouds need to be cobalt blue for real snow, crazy thing is in a country that has more rain than most it never rains when we want it too. Right now it's -1 in Dublin so any rain now will be snow.

Well that's not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lol yellow snow. Some effort to get that much of it yellow though.

443036.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

minikin wrote: »
    Every woman should do their bit - clear the snow from their own pathriarchy.

Don't forget your snowvel if you want to go to work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

The absolute whining of kids heading to school this morning is hilarious. Next door's young one had to be practically dragged to the car. Then neighbour on the other side shouted "Hope you don't get snowed in in the school" Haha loved the glare of death the mam gave him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

railer201 wrote: »
    Don't forget your snowvel if you want to go to work :D

This started off grit but you’re dead to me now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well that's not true.

Thank you Mr science ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

Snow encapsulates the thin line between childhood and adulthood.

*wakes to see that is has snowed*

Child: Yes!
    Adult: Ah FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

minikin wrote: »
    Out getting supplies for snowmageddon at the moment - people (not me) are starting to panic buy here, lidl shelves were getting stripped of water, milk, ping pong balls, crochet sets and digital micrometers.

Is this the end, my friend?

Tip :- Buy coloured ping pong balls, you'll never find the white ones in the snow.

The micrometers come in handy as the ping pong balls contract in the cold snow, so take measurements before and after to find the shrinkage.

Crochet sets - yes great for making string vests to keep you warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Went up to Dunnes to do weekly shop last night. Totally forgot about this weather crap. It was like a Saturday. Took photo of bread shelves. Madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    02/27/18 Ireland's own 9/11

Never forget.

I applaud the formatting of your post. :cool:

Snowmageddon my Ass bet you its just Milhouse, come on Milhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭raxy

valoren wrote: »
    Snow encapsulates the thin line between childhood and adulthood.

*wakes to see that is has snowed*

Child: Yes!
    Adult: Ah FFS!

I must work with kids so!

Started snowing in brat. I'm off for a few extra slicepans just to be sure!

You know once those loafs of bread freeze or go stale they're great for throwing through walls.

Sat in the car in 2010 and the screen said: - 10
    Sat in the car this morning and the screen said: 2

The 'millennium bug' would be impressed at this hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'm in Bray and we had 5 minutes of snow. Imagine that was it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Keep checking everyday and get back to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

Just because it's not snowing this minute in your garden doesn't mean it's not coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well considering it isnt meant to be snowing anywhere yet your a bit early but good for you getting your ignorant "I told ya so" comment in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

optogirl wrote: »
    Just because it's not snowing this minute in your garden doesn't mean it's not coming.

just because i'm in your garden doesn't mean i'm not coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Was in SuperValu last night and the huge bread aisle hadn't a crumb left on it, further along, toilet roll section, packed to the rafters and more on the floor!
    Some people just don't know how to prioritise properly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Was in SuperValu last night and the huge bread aisle hadn't a crumb left on it, further along, toilet roll section, packed to the rafters and more on the floor!
    Some people just don't know how to prioritise properly :D

The experts on the Weather forum issued a Red Alert, stating it will be too cold to poo.

During the great Snowmaggeddon of 82 thousands froze to death stuck to toilet seats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

just because i'm in your garden doesn't mean i'm not coming!
    Enjoying the new binoculars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

I must say the weather forum is hilarious. Anybody who goes against the party line of 24-36 hours heavy snowfalls and blizzards gets called a troll and people immediately jump in calling for posts to be deleted etc.

I got a card for saying it was overhyped, I linked to an independent.ie article showing empty supermarket shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

Any good spots up Dublin mountains to view the snow, might take a run up Thursday evening.
    Will give AA a call later to see if I can pre book a rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Ferm001 wrote: »
    Any good spots up Dublin mountains to view the snow, might take a run up Thursday evening.

Better off calling a rescue chopper in. Great view of all the commuters stuck on the M50 as you spin towards Dublin airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Ferm001 wrote: »

If you want a view of the city - try the blue light pub! The hill might be a struggle to get up though depending on conditions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

mad m wrote: »
    Went up to Dunnes to do weekly shop last night. Totally forgot about this weather crap. It was like a Saturday. Took photo of bread shelves. Madness

Don't know whats worse. People panic buying supplies or the amount of slack jawed yokels taking pictures of empty shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Where will you be the day after tomorrow? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

jasper100 wrote: »
    I must say the weather forum is hilarious. Anybody who goes against the party line of 24-36 hours heavy snowfalls and blizzards gets called a troll and people immediately jump in calling for posts to be deleted etc.

I got a card for saying it was overhyped, I linked to an independent.ie article showing empty supermarket shelves.

The panic shopping is overhyped but the snowfall isn't, people just arent able to grasp the fact that yes even if theres snowfall for that long it still won't last or cause more than a day or 2 of disruption as the temperatures are going to increase quickly by the end of the weekend

Borderfox wrote: »
    Where will you be the day after tomorrow? ;)

I'm more worried about two days before the day after tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Don't know whats worse. People panic buying supplies or the amount of slack jawed yokels taking pictures of empty shelves.

Definitely the second. Also the laughing of said yokels at others while claiming to be "just calling in for dog food/washing powder/icing sugar" Yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

VinLieger wrote: »
    The panic shopping is overhyped but the snowfall isn't, people just arent able to grasp the fact that yes even if theres snowfall for that long it still won't last or cause more than a day or 2 of disruption as the temperatures are going to increase quickly by the end of the weekend
    If you live at the bottom of a hill you can always use the bread to soak up the impending flood when the snow melts over the weekend/early next week.

The panic shopping is insanity though. I can kind of see sense for the elderly or people who would have to drive to get to the nearest shop, but for most if it does snow and stick they'll go out for a walk in it or a bit of fun/building snowmen/etc. Most people in Dublin live within a 10 minute walk from a shop, unless someone has got mobility problems that's hardly going to become an impossible journey because of a little bit of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's an inconvenient truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭tigger123

branie2 wrote: »
    It's an inconvenient truth

If it's global warming, how come it's so cold outside?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭raxy

tigger123 wrote: »
    If it's global warming, how come it's so cold outside?!

Because that would be local, global isn't the same thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

when i went shopping first thing i went for was chocolate and crisps!
    feck the bread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

when i went shopping first thing i went for was chocolate and crisps!
    feck the bread!

As long as I can get my sausage rolls from the deli I'm happy.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jasper100 wrote: »
    I must say the weather forum is hilarious. Anybody who goes against the party line of 24-36 hours heavy snowfalls and blizzards gets called a troll
    And so they should. It's a place for informed scientific analysis and not armchair commentators saying, "Ah shure be grand, these things always fizzle out".

If you want to throw out uninformed opinions about what will happen, that's what After Hours is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

One week rental... :)

2lwstpv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I went to my local Centra last night to get milk. The shelves were so empty I thought they must be in the middle of redesigning the layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

some people must think there some sort of good Samaritans on Facebook putting up posts avoiding people where/not where to go, sharing posts about homeless shelters, weather reports and other general nonsense

I've got milk 465ml for €36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

PTH2009 wrote: »
    some people must think there some sort of good Samaritans on Facebook putting up posts avoiding people where/not where to go, sharing posts about homeless shelters, weather reports and other general nonsense

sharing posts about homeless shelters? Weather reports? The neck of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Feck the bread. I'm gonna get myself some flour, yeast, eggs and make it myself. If there's no snow, I can keep the ingredients for something else.

Plus the smell of bread baking gives me an erection.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Feck the bread. I'm gonna get myself some flour, yeast, eggs and make it myself. If there's no snow, I can keep the ingredients for something else.

Plus the smell of bread baking gives me an erection.

What recipe do you use? For the bread that is, not the erection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

PTH2009 wrote: »

How dare they be concerned. Down with this sort of thing.

Anyway no sign of any snow yet thankfully. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement