Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not really stopped all day here in d8 zero opened shop or takeaway wise....freezer raid it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'm contemplating whether to go into the cans or see if the Indian is open.

I am contemplating whether to close the curtains or leave them open to see the white out ! Thats as far as we would get in this weather now here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    What we need is a national newspaper to put a photo of her on the front page with the words "Idiot" printed below/above it. These people are of no use to our society. They are self centered and pathetic.

I wouldn't go as far as saying "i hope she drowns" etc.. but i do hope she get's the worst case of the flu ever and suffers in bed for a while. Gimp.

I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I would welcome penguin overlords tbh

I salute everyone who carries on regardless of the scutter that the govt and RTÉ have been pumping out.

Two fingers to the lot of em is always a healthy attitude.

More so than cowering for shelter at exactly 4 o’clock on the dot as Leo “advised”.

Moron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Father of the year material on RTE news just now, planning on leaving his kids outside in an igloo overnight.

Pretty sure he was just teasing his kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Been hearing that the Lidl in citywest has been robbed. The whole place was fleeced. Army and all came up to detain people.
    Anyone else hear this

• Advertisement

Pretty sure he was just teasing his kids.

He was !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

I think now in all fairness the time has come for this country to just cop itself on and get some Polar Bears up in here

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

That's why I may decide soon as I won't get out shortly.

Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Been hearing that the Lidl in citywest has been robbed. The whole place was fleeced. Army and all came up to detain people.
    Anyone else hear this

Walking dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I can't get past level 6 godammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,330 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What do we want?
    - No flood defences!

Why do we want it?
    - Because we want to concentrate on the view while driving!

Point of order...

The DART line flooded on the southside, northside was grand Thursday.
    Dun Laoghaire has flooded roads today.
    Some eejit had to be rescued from Sandycove.

Clontarf has a bit of grass flooded on the promenade that's meant to flood... no harm, no foul.

Southside letting us down badly, getting the same crappy weather we're getting north of the Liffey...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

this bread thing has had the arse torn proper out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Heard on Sean Moncrief on Wednesday.

The number of celiac and glutten intolerant people has dropped by 99.99999999% in the last few days.

No disrespect to genuine sufferers of either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Point of order...

The DART line flooded on the southside, northside was grand Thursday.
    Dun Laoghaire has flooded roads today.
    Some eejit had to be rescued from Sandycove.

Clontarf has a bit of grass flooded on the promenade that's meant to flood... no harm, no foul.

Southside letting us down badly, getting the same crappy weather we're getting north of the Liffey...

Hmm...I don't think you understand flooding. It flooded when it wasn't meant to. There wouldn't be a wall there if it was meant to flood.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    True enough. I remember it being colder in 1982 though.

I remember it being colder, much colder, in 2010 when -10 appeared on my car screen. The worst here has been -3 on my phone at 4am this morning. Anyway, I said that about 2010 a few days ago and a couple of drama queens essentially said the worst hadn't happened so shut up ya thick. Worst apparently has happened now and it never got as cold as 2010. :P

• Advertisement

Conspectus wrote: »
    Heard on Sean Moncrief on Wednesday.

The number of celiac and glutten intolerant people has dropped by 99.99999999% in the last few days.

No disrespect to genuine sufferers of either.

Maybe... or maybe there's lots of people wolfing down gluten free bread right now cos it was the only thing left on the shelves!

It's grand if you toast it and overload it with butter and cheese\salmon\etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I remember it being colder, much colder, in 2010 when -10 appeared on my car screen. The worst here has been -3 on my phone at 4am this morning. Anyway, I said that about 2010 a few days ago and a couple of drama queens essentially said the worst hadn't happened so shut up ya thick. Worst apparently has happened now and it never got as cold as 2010. :P

It's pretty cold for March to be fair :D

Anyone else hear this

Not yet... tell us more... are you typing this from the getaway car?

buried wrote: »
    I think now in all fairness the time has come for this country to just cop itself on and get some Polar Bears up in here

Time for all those feckin huskies I see around the place to put a shift in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'm on to number 6 and the snow is a great place to keep them cold. Well apart from the neighbourhood Tom which came and pissed on one the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Was out for a walk earlier and walked past our local Aldi that was due to open at 5pm. It was 5.04pm and there was a queue of about 20 people around the corner waiting to get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

If you think your day was bad ..

Citywest ....
    28619217_2183979958309237_1644714082187612096_o.jpg?oh=0f64d232706a5628d6361063c2bcc6f2&oe=5B038E78

28619617_2183871481653418_1165300128138647408_o.jpg?oh=36a92e711ffa58270d20baaf134143a4&oe=5B4C4239

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Time for all those feckin huskies I see around the place to put a shift in.

There are a few breeds that look like huskies, but probably would be no good on a sled team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

There are a few breeds that look like huskies, but probably would be no good on a sled team.

Like GAA lads if they put on a rugby jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

awec wrote: »
    It's all great fun now while it stays fluffy-ish snow but it's going to take days for this stuff to completely clear away and as soon as it turns to slush and ice it's going to be an absolute pain in the bollocks.

Are we not all looking forward to the slush ? Snow is grand as a novelty, but slush is where its at for connaisseurs. Squish it. Slide in it. Splash it. Enjoy its particular browny silvery hue. Little rivulets running out underneath it.
    Its that magic twilight zone between water and ice. Roll on the slush.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

2010 was colder. But with regards to the sheer size of the snow drifts, this event was far worse.

I hope the army got some target practice in on those looters... do us all a favour and stop 'em before they a chance to rack up 100 convictions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,324 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ffs what a bunch of tossers! All for a slab of crap beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It was a river actually.

But the news showed ppl swimming in the sea.

More power to them.

Was that your neighbour that was rescued Beechwoodspark? Very silly carry on, obviously no notion of how the body is affected by extreme cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Cheers for the game! 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

3500 cars stranded on one motorway in the UK overnight. Passengers were stranded on a train overnight with zero heating. Countless major routes closed throughout the country. Not to mention the several deaths.
    Counter that with Ireland where most people heeded the warnings leading to far less disruption due to the lack of traffic.

Just like Brexit. The Brits could never miss an opportunity to live out their fantasies of stoic endurance in the face of adversity, their stiff upper lip and the love of keeping calm and carrying on.

Working out well for them so far!

You would have to wonder how Neanderthals survived without anything.

They should be shot on sight

• Advertisement

Yeast infection anyone?

444383.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Maybe... or maybe there's lots of people wolfing down gluten free bread right now cos it was the only thing left on the shelves!

It's grand if you toast it and overload it with butter and cheese\salmon\etc

Doc put me on a gluten free diet for a week,nearly ended up in the poor house.

Sympathy to anyone that's on it,but it was a miserable experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Agricola wrote: »
    Just like Brexit. The Brits could never miss an opportunity to live out their fantasies of stoic endurance in the face of adversity, their stiff upper lip and the love of keeping calm and carrying on.

Working out well for them so far!

And the Irish live up their stereotype of being lazy gits, who with the slightest excuse, just turn over in the bed in the morning and couldnt be arsed making any effort to do a bit of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

You would have to wonder how Neanderthals survived without anything.

cause they didn't live in Ireland maybe?

And the Irish live up their stereotype of being lazy gits, who with the slightest excuse, just turn over in the bed in the morning and couldnt be arsed making any effort to do a bit of work.

Well at least we are all still alive

Father of the year material on RTE news just now, planning on leaving his kids outside in an igloo overnight.

Im texting a few friends stuck in the house with young kids, there might be more than just him planning it :pac::D

• Advertisement

Its my life and I live it how I want. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

You know it's a national emergency when your playing browser platforming games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

eviltwin wrote: »
    It's been relentless here in West Dublin all day, actually worse than yesterday. Our main road which I can see from my house is completely impassible now.

Same here. Lots more snow today.
    I hope the army got some target practice in on those looters... do us all a favour and stop 'em before they a chance to rack up 100 convictions...

It's societies fault that they have to loot though. Don't forget that.
    gmisk wrote: »
    Ffs what a bunch of tossers! All for a slab of crap beer!

Was in the shop earlier today and the alcohol aisle was the busiest of the lot. People buying slabs of beer, wine etc. Sad that they can't find a better way to pass the time.

Berserker wrote: »
    Was in the shop earlier today and the alcohol isle was the busiest of the lot. People buying slabs of beer, wine etc. Sad that they can't find a better way to pass the time.

There's only so much **** one can do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement