Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Love how the essentials are a slab of cans and a box of vodka.

Sure it costs half nothing anyway. I'd say the cost of the clean up will be more than the cost of the goods robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Apparently looting the centra now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think it's nearer to citywest.

Another video shows a stolen dumper driving around killinarden while the occupants drink vodka.

Pack of knackers.

new houses being built near Citywest shopping centre and passed one night as ppl appeared to queue overnight to get one.

Who on earth would move there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sure wouldn't ye let the prisoners out for a walk around town or something? I'm sure most of them would come back after an hour or so...:p

4 of them were let out today to clear the pathways in and and out funnily enough! They're trustee prisoners who work on the grounds anyway but it's a funny enough concept, prisoners getting out so the staff can get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Just be careful... they might laugh at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

anewme wrote: »

Another video shows a stolen dumper driving around killinarden while the occupants drink vodka.

Pack of knackers.

new houses being built near Citywest shopping centre and passed one night as ppl appeared to queue overnight to get one.

It's fortunestown lane, Citywest if you're selling and Jobstown if you're buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

anewme wrote: »

Pack of knackers.

Because not everyone is like those thugs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Apparently looting the centra now

Then set it on fire.

Knackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

It's fortunestown lane, Citywest if you're selling and Jobstown if you're buying.

All of it is horrible.

I hate even parking the car there.

The shopping centre has a very poor standard of people .ajways skangers knocking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Gladly.

Offer the soldiers a bounty......with an extra 50% on top for head shots ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

eeguy wrote: »
    Love how the essentials are a slab of cans and a box of vodka.

Sure it costs half nothing anyway. I'd say the cost of the clean up will be more than the cost of the goods robbed.
    From the snowmageddon thread
    As someone more eagle-eyed than myself spotted, one of the looters was making off with a slab of non-alcoholic beer. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Says it all about their community. Men, women and children piling in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Peaceful protest.

Says it all about their community. Men, women and children piling in.

Its says it all about the people involved not the whole community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,812 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Centra hit the self-destruct switch, try to take a few scumbags out with it...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Yet another thread merged in to this one. All related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is a digger now pulling down that lidl.

amcalester wrote: »
    Peaceful protest.

No way. We won’t pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I live across from the fortunestown luas stop two minutes from that Lidl and citywest shopping center.

I worked in a shop just up the road that used to be Gala but its a mace now. I know the area fairly well and my gf is from Fettericairn herself.

Basically that whole Fortunestown area is a ****ing kip. Its full of **** apartments and houses that all kinds live in. Plus a halting site dumped in the middle for good measure.

Citywest itself isnt the worst area and the estate im in is fairly quite as its apartments on one side houses on the other and 9 times out of 10 the place is silent.

Unfortunately once you pass citywest shopping center heading towards Talla well.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Jawgap wrote: »
    I thought soldiers were allowed shoot looters on sight......might be time to send in the Army

The army? Ivan Yates was asking today why the Army only deployed 300 out of 9000 people today to help with the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

_Dara_ wrote: »
    This has never been advertised as being similar to the 2010 cold spell. They're very different and this one has been worse in one way - the drifting is on a whole new level. Oh and it's much windier.
    Adverts? Who's selling? Snow to car ratio must surely be a bit better today
    Spent a great day digging and building and it was way warmer than 2010. Slightly less snow this time. Wind wasn't anything as bad as predicted. Anyone saying records were broken must have been born 7 years ago.
    1982 was fairly dramatic with genuine 20 foot drifts and proper blizzard. Unfortunately accompanied with some deaths.
    By all accounts records were set in 47 and 62. Nothing like them been seen since.
    Anyone used to a bit of mountaineering would have experienced today's conditions often enough.
    Great fun for kids and no major concern for healthy adults with no particular worries.
    A different story for old, sick, carers, emergency services and livestock farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

Apparently the centra is now on fire (unconfirmed) and the digger seen today is up at Lidl wrecking the place

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There is a digger now pulling down that lidl.

I am actually frightened for the good people living there now . They need to bring in the army

Vronsky wrote: »

wtf :mad:

6 months time in court: "I was just trying to clear the snow judge" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Sh*t just got real...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Holy sh*t....is that the Lidl in Citywest?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I really wish this snow would just fcuk off now please and thanks. It's relatively OK if you're living in an urban area(and you have power and water), but I just think of the elderly, those in need of care, those poor buggers up an isolated now snowed over laneway in the depths of Ireland level of cut off. Farmers too trying to keep their animals alive and all the emergency folks on call out in this sh1te. Yeah so fcuk off snow.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,398 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Hunt them down to put them down, scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

The army? Ivan Yates was asking today why the Army only deployed 300 out of 9000 people today to help with the snow.

That's been explained above......

......sure why would that fool let the truth get in the way of a populist, ill informed rant ;)

Holy sh*t....is that the Lidl in Citywest?

It was by the looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

I would have zero problems with the security forces of the state being deployed to hunt down any looters and execute them on the spot. We don't need these thugs in our country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,812 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Where are the guards? There can't be anything else happening in that part of Dublin that's more of a priority than that...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Get the Army out there and Shoot-to-kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Apparently the centra is now on fire (unconfirmed) and the digger seen today is up at Lidl wrecking the place

If it was earlier in the day and i was still dressed id walk down have a look but ya snow etc :pac:

I was only just in that Lidl yesterday morning before they closed at half 1. The ****ing shop wasnt even closed one day and they trash it.

Far as i know that Centra is owned by same bloke who owns the one in Rathcoole as well i could be mixing it up with the one is springfield though.....

He had them all open for people last few days there small enough shops as well i worked in the one in Rathcoole and makes very little money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No jobs for those people now because of scum.

It was by the looks.

I think it's Ballyfermot this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can I ask anyone else copying and pasting the lidl or any other links be banned for 30 days this thread would be 2/3 the size it is if all these posts weren't here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What the hell?!? Where is that at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Sh*t just got real...

Couldn't he just have bought bread in advance like everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

But they all need a free house as their "homeless"

gmisk wrote: »
    What the hell?!? Where is that at?

I think it's Ballyfermot

No I am wrong . Its City West

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

It was by the looks.

That is unbelievable!

Get the Army out there and Shoot-to-kill

Queue a load of tree hugging lefties telling us all they need is a hug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

and you know that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Can I ask anyone else copying and pasting the lidl or any other links be banned for 30 days this thread would be 2/3 the size it is if all these posts weren't here.

You're just trying to cover your tracks

Right on time FG's PR department turns up.

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Queue a load of tree hugging lefties telling us all they need is a hug.

*Cue

If it was earlier in the day and i was still dressed id walk down have a look but ya snow etc :pac:

I was only just in that Lidl yesterday morning before they closed at half 1. The ****ing shop wasnt even closed one day and they trash it.

Far as i know that Centra is owned by same bloke who owns the one in Rathcoole as well i could be mixing it up with the one is springfield though.....

He had them all open for people last few days there small enough shops as well i worked in the one in Rathcoole and makes very little money.

It's a Jordan Centra, he owns quite a few around Tallaght and Kildare

• Advertisement
Advertisement