Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Get the feeling there’s gonna be an awful lot of awkward questions for the authorities tomorrow.

I meant to ask this morning: Any sign of those questions? Nothing on the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Beats swimming during a red alert just to give the finger to the government.

Lidl though?? Lidl?! Doesn’t get much Lower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Feel sorry for the workers who are probably watching this unfold and wondering if they'll have jobs to go to now.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

"Its my money father, I just didnt want to fill in the forms" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bring back thr chain gang, make then rebuild what they destroyed brick by brick rain hail or shine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just seen a video there of load of food robbed from the shop and you can clearly hear them talking. Theres a little kid who you can hear and see clearly saying ''Ya never got crisps''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lidl though?? Lidl?! Doesn’t get much Lower

During the London Riots they were looting Tesco.
    This clown became the poster boy for the idiocy

article-0-0D5C421400000578-88_634x663.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Stay classy Dublin

Of course, I forgot Dublin is only one small area defined by the actions of a group of scrotes.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Bring back thr chain gang, make then rebuild what they destroyed brick by brick rain hail or shine

Would they even have the skills to break rocks 24/7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

"Its my money father, I just didnt want to fill in the forms" :pac:

As if these people know what a father is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,305 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Chill there still only kids. They need to be thought a lesson, but promoting murder is ridiculous.

It's not murder if the army shoot a looter. They only have to shoot one, rest will get the message, only way some animals learn,

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

The LIDL on fire is from 2016 in Germany.

Thanks I've removed it now
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Jesus how is it still lighting? You'd have to say fair play.

That's German efficiency for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

bluefinger wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the workers who are probably watching this unfold and wondering if they'll have jobs to go to now.
    I would imagine and hope they would just get moved to different stores for the time being. Whether Lidl has a future in those areas is another thing

It's probably cabin fever, but I find that Lidl situation beyond depressing. What the fcuk are we sharing our country with, and where are our taxes going?

During the London Riots they were looting Tesco.
    This clown became the poster boy for the idiocy

article-0-0D5C421400000578-88_634x663.jpg

What a wanker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It's not murder if the army shoot a looter. They only have to shoot one, rest will get the message, only way some animals learn,

In fairness, that's proven not to work more than a few times in this little island's history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The other thread is now reopened. Please go there to discuss the lidl stuff and we'll let this go back to the snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Of course, I forgot Dublin is only one small area defined by the actions of a group of scrotes.
    It isn't?

Lighten up man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Chill there still only kids. They need to be thought a lesson, but promoting murder is ridiculous.

Kids my boll1x.no excuse. I have kids myself and they are in bed not out acting like a dumb wild animal.where are these “kids” parents.generations of breeding to produce the pedigree pond scum and the government throwing money at them.balls of a country and a society that’s red rotten.round them up drown them and be done.a good cull wanted for the greater good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Conspectus wrote: »
    The other thread is now reopened. Please go there to discuss the lidl stuff and we'll let this go back to the snow.

It’s still locked as far as I can see

• Advertisement

Conspectus wrote: »

It's still locked

Right, anyone for a swim?

anna080 wrote: »
    It’s still locked as far as I can see

Oh no it isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Those are not the crimes of kids.......

......and thanks to them the emergency services are being dragged off to deal with something completely avoidable, instead of being available to help,people in genuine need.

Personally, this would be my solution......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Ah man I hope they don't destroy the shopping centre

Conor Feehan

Verified account

@conor_feehan
    19m19 minutes ago
    More
    CityWest gang now breaking into a pharmacy with sledgehammers.

This is disgusting the army need to get a hold on this.Schools the whole arae trashed and destroyed..sad very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What a wanker

What an idiot more like, who the **** would get out of bed to loot a bag of rice. Let alone a bag of Tesco Value rice, how much would take cost ye? 2€ or something. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I would imagine and hope they would just get moved to different stores for the time being. Whether Lidl has a future in those areas is another thing

Yes but redeployment might not be an option for some. Hopefully they'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Imagine being delighted with looting Lidl of all places

They're just giving two fingers to the authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I don't know what more worrying grown adults on here thinking it ok to shoot kids or kids breaking into a store to rob stuff?

Where's the snow conversation gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

In fairness, that's proven not to work more than a few times in this little island's history.

Worked in the nineties up north, policy of ambush and execution by SAS brought them to the table.

Anyways... back to the thread that started with LIDL in the first post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

dav3 wrote: »
    You've got to laugh at the people posting pictures of a Lidl on fire and trying to pass it off as happening tonight. Some people will post any old sh!te.

I never knew people cared about Lidl so much. Did they get any bread the bastards?

Lidl are grand for starters, a very welcome addition to most communities. But whether its them or Centra, Aldi, Dunnes, Tesco, schools, hospitals, any other businesses, it doesnt matter its upsetting to see that fellow countrymen are just so ****ing awful. Even ignoring how emergency services will have to be redirected to deal with this at a time when they are obviously stretched already.

Worse today in Kilbarrack, kids are happy though - some still out can hear them shouting and playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

It's probably cabin fever, but I find that Lidl situation beyond depressing. What the fcuk are we sharing our country with, and where are our taxes going?

PS, banking debt, education system, health sector, security services etc....

minikin wrote: »
    Worked in the nineties up north, policy of ambush and execution by SAS brought them to the table.

I think there was a heap of armed post office robberies and cash in transit robberies a good few years ago.

Til the cops shot one fella dead, that cooled things.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Conor Feehan

Verified account

@conor_feehan
    19m19 minutes ago
    More

This is disgusting the army need to get a hold on this.Schools the whole arae trashed and destroyed..sad very sad.

What school was trashed?

Mod- Ok lads and lass's the lidl thread is reopened. Any further posts will be moved there from now on. Please go there and leave this one to the snow.
    Thank you and stay safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

I had to dig me Carlsberg out - there was a bottle of wine out there - somewhere...

• Advertisement

Mod- Ok lads and lass's the lidl thread is reopened. Any further posts will be moved there from now on. Please go there and leave this one to the snow.
    Thank you and stay safe.

Seems everyone missed this. I'm after moving 8 posts in the last few minutes. Locking this for 5 minutes so everyone can see it. here's a link to the other thread. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057847276#

Mod-Reopened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its strangely still now here tonight . No wind or swirling snow . Now all we need is a thaw and a quick entrance of Spring
    God I will appreciate a fine mild Spring day after this episode

I just went out for a smoke and its strangely mild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thought it was stopped but that real fine snow drizzle is back

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Barely snowed where I live from Wednesday morning until 4pm today. Since then the ground has been carpeted with a fresh covering of fine snow. It has snowed for 6 hours straight.

High winds for three days straight now with no break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

To be fair though - how many people shot this evening?

Nowhere near enough ..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Conor Feehan

Verified account

@conor_feehan
    19m19 minutes ago
    More

Actually some doubt on the accuracy of that tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Clearing the driveway all week has really paid off, I can go out and walk down the driveway, have a smoke, have at the glawp at the lying snow everywhere else about the place and then go back inside without having to change me shoes at all at all. Plus I won't need a JCB to clear the compact ice slush muck tomorrow

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
Advertisement