Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Blood Bank need donations and I am told The Green Isle is so packed with people donating that its a 3 hour wait at this stage . Well done all !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

FEAR SNEACHTA BÁN
    HATA AR A CHEANN
    SIN É BOULI
    AGUS A CAIRDE

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

minikin wrote: »
    You what now?
    My name isn’t Paddy, why have I to swallow my pride?

Then get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Then get over it

Is this just trollery or is there a point coming?

Is this just trollery or is there a point coming?

The point have been made if you bother looking back on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got stuck in snow yesterday!
    JCB had to pull me out.

The point have been made if you bother looking back on this thread.

Ok, so you don't have a point worth repeating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Typical Paddy response when he knows he has to swallow his pride.

I'll see you next tuesday Mr Englishman;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

we were all snowed under in Siberian like weather...and now just a week later not a snowflake in sight as if it never happened, amazing really isn't it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

fryup wrote: »
    we were all snowed under in Siberian like weather...and now just a week later not a snowflake in sight as if it never happened, amazing really isn't it

I can see it happened here in south west Dublin , we still have half the grass covered and the mounds where the men threw the snow to clear the road .I have a large mound on my front grass where we cleared the driveway and its going nowhere ! South west Dublin here .

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/public-warned-risk-avalanches-dublin-14387391

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gozunda wrote: »
    That's typical IBEC talk imo. They do more harm to employer - employee relations than a ton of fresh sprayed slurry. If you are in a union or know someone who is - go get some independent advice. Best of luck

Still no response from unions or anyone connected to them. People bitched and moaned about having to work in time to cover for the company closing yet 99% still doing it. A couple put in for AL for the time but were told they couldn't due to the missed work needing to be made up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

fryup wrote: »

In my local park, there's a long mound of snow that's taking ages to fully thaw. And another mound next to the railway beside the park.

givyjoe wrote: »
    I'll see you next tuesday Mr Englishman;)

Try Scandinavian instead,but nice try Paddy.

Ok, so you don't have a point worth repeating?

Intelligent answer,you thought about that all by yourself,applaus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

There are still many rotting carcasses of Snowmen on greens here. Poor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Stay classy hurdy gurdy gurdy.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but what an unbelievably appropriate username you've chosen ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Typical Paddy response when he knows he has to swallow his pride.

Mod: No idea why you're using derogatory comments like this in a thread about snow, but it stops now.

Mod: No idea why you're using derogatory comments like this in a thread about snow, but it stops now.

Oh to offended are we,whats new.
    Cant handle snow,but even harder to admit.
    Must be hard to swallow.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Stay classy hurdy gurdy gurdy.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but what an unbelievably appropriate username you've chosen ;)

I almost laughed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Oh to offended are we,whats new.
    Cant handle snow,but even harder to admit.
    Must be hard to swallow.

Mod: Don't post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

seems like there's the potential for more sneachta this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

seems like there's the potential for more sneachta this weekend.

Yep, they may have to cancel paddys day if the beast returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

**** the ****ing **** off snow.

I'm burning down the weather forum if it's snows this weekend!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Snowmageddon 2: You were cold as ice!

Can we change the thread title back to "snowmagedon" please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I see at least one poster who was (rightly) condemning the actions of the looters in Lidl, thinks its hilarious now that there's a paddys day float in some bogger town making fun of it. They went and posted a pic of it in the YLYL8 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

pablo128 wrote: »
    I see at least one poster who was (rightly) condemning the actions of the looters in Lidl, thinks its hilarious now that there's a paddys day float in some bogger town making fun of it. They went and posted a pic of it in the YLYL8 thread.

And? Why the outrage?

And? Why the outrage?

What outrage? could you point it out to me?

I'm highlighting some utter hypocrisy. 'Ah those dubs are all scum, breaking the place up'. It's a different story when the culchies want to take the piss out of us. And especially when the lad who put the picture up in a humour thread was suggesting attacking the culprits only a fortnight ago.

What outrage? could you point it out to me?

I'm highlighting some utter hypocrisy. 'Ah those dubs are all scum, breaking the place up'. It's a different story when the culchies want to take the piss out of us. And especially when the lad who put the picture up in a humour thread was suggesting attacking the culprits only a fortnight ago.

Ah cop on to yourself, getting your knickers in a twist over nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Moi?

I didn't realise outrage and humour were mutually exclusive......sorry.......

.......I guess my expressed outrage about petty corruption now means I shouldn't find the Father Ted "resting my account" funny :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah cop on to yourself, getting your knickers in a twist over nothing

You cop on to yourself. There was a whole thread condemning what happened. Now just a couple of weeks after, its great craic altogether.

You cop on to yourself. There was a whole thread condemning what happened. Now just a couple of weeks after, its great craic altogether.

I am copped on. What happened was disgraceful, I was and am disgusted and know some of the employees personally also. Lidl themselves have the floats on their facebook page and are asking people to vote for the best one, there were two. So go unbunch your panties

Jawgap wrote: »
    Moi?

I didn't realise outrage and humour were mutually exclusive......sorry.......

.......I guess my expressed outrage about petty corruption now means I shouldn't find the Father Ted "resting my account" funny :rolleyes:

Ah I get you now. You wanted the people involved blown up with missiles because you find that kind of thing funny.

I am copped on. What happened was disgraceful, I was and am disgusted and know some of the employees personally also. Lidl themselves have the floats on their facebook page and are asking people to vote for the best one, there were two. So go unbunch your panties

My panties are nicely unbunched, thank you very much.

Ah I get you now. You wanted the people involved blown up with missiles because you find that kind of thing funny.

Actually I was suggesting the Air Corps strafe the area and drop napalm......

......but the IAC doesn't have napalm and I'd question any fixed wing pilot's ability to accurately strafe a built up area at night in foul weather.....

......now if we had AH-40s, my obviously ridiculous comments might have had a veneer of even remote practicality about them :)

Jawgap wrote: »
    Actually I was suggesting the Air Corps strafe the area and drop napalm......

......but the IAC doesn't have napalm and I'd question any fixed wing pilot's ability to accurately strafe a built up area at night in foul weather.....

......now if we had AH-40s, my obviously ridiculous comments might have had a veneer of even remote practicality about them :)

Good man yourself.

My panties are nicely unbunched, thank you very much.

I'd check again if I was you, you're displaying evidence to the contrary

Good man yourself.

Thanks.

I'm not even sure the IAC have drop tanks from which you could fashion jury-rigged napalm weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

You're just going to have to turn this opportunity snow.

snow.
    snow.
    snow.
    snow.snow.

It seems Lidl are seeing the funny side too......they went and posted a poll on their FB page to find the best bogger town paddy's day float......

445799.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

lol The tracksuit hoodlums

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

this is one of the best things about us as a nation. we take a situation where some scumbags make a show of us internationally and we make into a light hearted joke. they are still scum but we laugh about it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Can we change the thread title back to "snowmagedon" please?
    How about snowmagedagain ?

That float is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

At least you will be warm by the fire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Son of a beast! Snowed in again… :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Should have called it 'Snowmabreaddon'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Fvck this sh1t, I've got things to do and now I'm screwed again. Hope all the wide eyed wonder types enjoy their snowy wonderland, many of us are shagged yet again because of this horror show.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

Were Met Éireann still patting themselves on the back after the last snow that they forgot to get everyone ready for this one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Seph503 wrote: »
    Were Met Éireann still patting themselves on the back after the last snow that they forgot to get everyone ready for this one?

no an orange warning was issued. Due to melt in tbe afternoon. A bit of snow does not constitute an all out standstill. Met on the ball again!

Advertisement