Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

1585960616264»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I hope Lidl got done in time
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/03/15/lidl-install-security-walls-around-shops-as-snow-predicted/

AN UNPRECEDENTED level of construction is currently taking place at Lidl stores across the country as Met Éireann weather reports have confirmed the potential return of snow in the coming days.

With 189 of Lidl’s 190 Irish shops still in operation, the retailer has begun construction of large JCB-proof security walls which will inhibit anyone attempting to do their weekly shop in a vehicle normally reserved for use around a farm or on a building site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

nullzero wrote: »
    Fvck this sh1t, I've got things to do and now I'm screwed again. Hope all the wide eyed wonder types enjoy their snowy wonderland, many of us are shagged yet again because of this horror show.

u ok hun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I hope I'll be able to make it out in the snow without hassle this time, unlike with the Beast from the East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Falling heavily and a the grass and ground is covered here in SW Dublin . Even the kids moaned when they saw it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Fvck this sh1t, I've got things to do and now I'm screwed again. Hope all the wide eyed wonder types enjoy their snowy wonderland, many of us are shagged yet again because of this horror show.
    You think you are the only person with stuff to do? Ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just chill. Nothing you can do about it so don't stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Just chill. Nothing you can do about it so don't stress.

You're absolutely right, but telling a stressed person to chill doesn't really work in my experience :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

neonsofa wrote: »
    You're absolutely right, but telling a stressed person to chill doesn't really work in my experience :pac:

Calm down calm down.... That better¿¿¿

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Yeah sure where be best on the m50 or n11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Toughen up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Just to clarify, I love the snow, the actual stressed person hasn't been back since being told to chill out :pac:

Just to clarify, I love the snow, the actual stressed person hasn't been back since being told to chill out :pac:

Chilled out literally they probably froze...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Patww79 wrote: »
    The thick ***** have gone and cleared the bread out again :D

God love us all if Sellafield ever melts down or WW3 breaks out. Lawless within 3 hours.

Was driving down through bunclody yesterday and people were walking home from the parade with bags of baguettes in their hands... Sliced pans had been cleared out before the parade apparently........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

TG1 wrote: »
    Was driving down through bunclody yesterday and people were walking home from the parade with bags of baguettes in their hands... Sliced pans had been cleared out before the parade apparently........

Tce5ZEQ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    It makes you wonder, if heavy snow happened in Ireland once a month every month, how many dozen months would it take for seemingly most of the country to realise bread is basically flour, yeast, water and a half hour in the oven?

Seeing people stand in a queue for hours, in the snow and freezing cold, without the proper clothes to be out there that long (freezing, soaking socks from lack of footwear especially) just hoping to get a loaf of bread at the end of it all that they could have made from start to finish in under one hour (indoors, dry and in the warmth) really was quite the sign of how fecklessly unable to take care of some basic needs are. I mean they could have always made something that doesn't depend on bread, but under the assumption that that's just clearly asking too much, the stuff is absurdly easy to make on it's own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Billy86 wrote: »
    It makes you wonder, if heavy snow happened in Ireland once a month every month, how many dozen months would it take for seemingly most of the country to realise bread is basically flour, yeast, water and a half hour in the oven?

Seeing people stand in a queue for hours, in the snow and freezing cold, without the proper clothes to be out there that long (freezing, soaking socks from lack of footwear especially) just hoping to get a loaf of bread at the end of it all that they could have made from start to finish in under one hour (indoors, dry and in the warmth) really was quite the sign of how fecklessly unable to take care of some basic needs are. I mean they could have always made something that doesn't depend on bread, but under the assumption that that's just clearly asking too much, the stuff is absurdly easy to make on it's own.

Hm...takes a few hours including the rising etc so unless you have a breadmaker.. Also many old wans may not have the dexterity. Or the oven.. BUT yes we are far too dependent on shop bread. Thanks for reminding me as I keep meaning to go back to home baking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Billy86 wrote: »

Whatever about home bread baking the majority of people buying mountains of bread are doing so simply because they have no clue how to make a real meal from scratch so without pre-prepared microwaveables or oven meals constantly available or take away's all these people are left with is toast and sandwiches. Now don't get me wrong i love a good sandwich but their inability to make even the most basic things from scratch is pretty startling and an obvious symptom that leads to our rising weight problems as a nation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lidl/Aldi would clean up ifthey sold breadmakers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lidl/Aldi would clean up ifthey sold breadmakers :D

They have them like 1-2 times a year in the magic middle aisle of mystery

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

VinLieger wrote: »
    They have them like 1-2 times a year in the magic middle aisle of mystery

Yeah but is it snowing or about to snow those 2 times a year they do actually sell them? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Some reports of yet another snow blast for easter. Will probably have to change the thread yet again to Snowmageddon 3: Return of the Sliced Pan!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

What I would give for even 1 day of the snow right now :( Crazy to think this was just over 3 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

M.Cribben wrote: »
    What I would give for even 1 day of the snow right now :( Crazy to think this was just over 3 months ago.

We would all catch a cold

M.Cribben wrote: »

Oh stop. I'd get out and roll around in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

As a Cake salesman, id love the snow back. We had bumper sales during the blizzards. This hot weather is killing our sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

As a Cake salesman, id love the snow back. We had bumper sales during the blizzards. This hot weather is killing our sales

Yeah I dont even fancy cake now and man I love de CAKE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

4 months ago to the day. Just the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Omg thats mad! Id love some snow. I don't know why everyone likes the sun so much seeing as most of us are working. Its great at the weekend but I think sweating on my commutes into and out of work and sweating all day in a stuffy little office is not worth 2 hours of sunshine during dinner in the evening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

4 months ago to the day. Just the beginning.

Please come back snow, all is forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Lidl in Fortunestown Lane has come under attack again today, local scrotes are using magnifying glasses and what european scientists have identified as "the sun" to melt the structure.

Advertisement