Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowmagedagain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Berserker wrote: »
    Worst is supposed to be Thursday and Friday.
    Exactly, this is to lull you into a false sense of security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Worst snow ever like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'm really really looking forward to snow, gang. I'm actually morto for myself. I'll be devastated if I can't build a snowman or ride a sled after all this teasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Christ. Did anyone else just see the brief headlines intro about the beast from the East on Tv3 news @530 ?
    Four horsemen arriving stuff.

The slavs must be laughing at us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

cantdecide wrote: »
    I'm really really looking forward to snow, gang. I'm actually morto for myself. I'll be devastated if I can't build a snowman or ride a sled after all this teasing.

Calm down, or you might accidentally build a sled and ride a snowman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

I'll watch John Carpenters The Thing numerous times over the coming days. Perfect movie for being stuck inside during a snowmageddon. And if i do go out, i'm wearing a sombrero. All i'd need is a flame thrower for any little feckers throwing snowballs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Former neighbours swears blind to me that she saw a guy in her local Lidl yesterday with a trolley full of bread. Like, I understand someone buying two loaves if they expect to be doing fry-ups for the rest of the week, maybe 3 if you've a big family. But what could possibly be going through someone's head with 20 or 30 pans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

People are now selling bread on Done Deal...

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?words=bread&area=Ireland&campaign=14

seamus wrote: »
    Former neighbours swears blind to me that she saw a guy in her local Lidl yesterday with a trolley full of bread. Like, I understand someone buying two loaves if they expect to be doing fry-ups for the rest of the week, maybe 3 if you've a big family. But what could possibly be going through someone's head with 20 or 30 pans?
    He could be doing it every Monday morning buying for a canteen or something and this is the first time she noticed it.

My local SuperValu had three loaves left at 5pm so I only took one. My wife gave out to me when I got home for not taking more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Tis a bad spell of wether alright.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

He could be doing it every Monday morning buying for a canteen or something and this is the first time she noticed it.

My local SuperValu had three loaves left at 5pm so I only took one. My wife gave out to me when I got home for not taking more.

Canteen would get a delivery. Not send someone down to dunnes twice a week for trolley fulls of brennans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

kylith wrote: »

Seems legit...

443141.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Could be someone making sandwiches for the homeless . The man who owns the soft play centre in Whitestown in Tallaght took in homeless during Ophelia and fed them and kept them warm . Just an example of how people help those in need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

[Cmon Conor Faughnan , I'm waiting !!!!![/quote]

Newstalk has a real love of wheeling this guy out on an almost daily basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

snowing in Dublin now, sh1ts just got real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

people are idiots

this has confirmed it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Muahahaha wrote: »

RTÉ will report it so

Snow doesn’t exist if it’s outside Dublin

kylith wrote: »

Hmmmm.....

Looks like a stock photo. I'd say you'd pay for the loaf, seller would promise it was in the post, and you'd hear nothing else from him till a suspiciously fresh pan arrived shortly after snowmageddon had ended.

Scam. Deffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The hype continues.

Rte news tonight had this line when the report was saying about homeless Street sleepers

"temperature tonight expected to drop below freezing"

Since the start of January I'd say there has been about 20 nights when temperature was below freezing. Why weren't all those nights hyped up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

NIMAN wrote: »
    The hype continues.

Rte news tonight had this line when the report was saying about homeless Street sleepers

Since the start of January I'd say there has been about 20 nights when temperature was below freezing. Why weren't all those nights hyped up?

Because it's going to snow through the night?

• Advertisement

The hype continues.

Added wind chill from east wind . Makes it feel so much colder and very difficult to keep warm when out in it

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭junebabies

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Canteen would get a delivery. Not send someone down to dunnes twice a week for trolley fulls of brennans.

Not all. I know a sandwich place that buys their bread from dunnes.

optogirl wrote: »
    Because it's going to snow through the night?

I drove home from work through thick snow at 20mph about 2 weeks ago.

No mention on the news that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

mikemac2 wrote: »
    RTÉ will report it so

Snow doesn’t exist if it’s outside Dublin

Did somebody say something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Muahahaha wrote: »

Snow showers in the west and North West earlier today. But no, not a mention, or official till it happens in Dublin.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Has Teresa Mannion addressed the nation with life saving advice yet?

And he's another quote from the news

"a lot of older people live in houses with bad insulation"

Why do they?

There has been loads of schemes for years now to upgrade pensioners and people on welfares homes with energy efficient measures, new insulation etc.

Every pensioner should have applied and got it done. There's no excuses for not taking free upgrades to your home.

Has Teresa Mannion addressed the nation with life saving advice yet?

Heard her on the car radio giving advice from the RSA !

I never heard the word graubel until today on boards ! I had to google it

And don't get me started on panic buying of bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

RTÉ will report it so

Snow doesn’t matter if it’s outside Dublin

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah seems like selfish waste

Maybe he is suffering from psychological problems.

Yeah seems like selfish waste

Maybe he is suffering from psychological problems.

Maybe he was feeding the homeless or needy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Snow showers in the west and North West earlier today. But no, not a mention, or official till it happens in Dublin.

:p

Not a mention? Where have you been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why do they?

There has been loads of schemes for years now to upgrade pensioners and people on welfares homes with energy efficient measures, new insulation etc.

Every pensioner should have applied and got it done. There's no excuses for not taking free upgrades to your home.

Unless the wall cavities have already had the crappy insulation filler from the 80's and can't take the modern insulation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! ITS SNOWING!!!

*bashes skulls in. Feasts on the sweet goo*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Sorry but unless you know the numbers you are not qualified to say that. Maybe it's not clear what I'm saying, I mean if we look into it and see that the snow costs the economy X million every 10 years then it can be argued at least if its justified to spend X million every 10 years to mitigate it, but unless you do the study you don't know

You know what? I’m quite comfortable making those statements. It’s common sense. It’s not a pressing issue because cash is limited and so many things are more pressing and much more likely to both affect the economy and people’s lives if they are underfunded or if money is diverted away from there. You don’t need a peer-reviewed study to know this but I’d be willing to bet that there has been research published somewhere in the world on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Why do they?

What's a "welfare home"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jaysus some amount of snow outside!! What on earth am I gonna do!?

Might need to get one of those big thick muck savage culchies to look after me!

Plenty in here by the looks of it.....

Kind of disappointed in recent storms. Very over-hyped.

Pressure on weather forecasters to get this one right.

Yes because that’s their motivation - not disappointing Diddums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

DON'T MAKE UNNECESSARY JOURNEYS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

DON'T MAKE UNNECESSARY JOURNEYS!!!

WHATS UNNECESSARY????!!!! MY JOBS CERTAINLY NOT FUPPING NECESSARY

I had no bother getting bread in my corner shop earlier. People want their supplies but they also want them chape so corner shops are still reasonably well-stocked! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Possibly shopping for elderly neighbors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    WHATS UNNECESSARY????!!!! MY JOBS CERTAINLY NOT FUPPING NECESSARY

DON'T TAKE RISKS ON TREACHEROUS ROADS!!!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Maybe he was feeding the homeless or needy .
    Or the ducks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

greenspurs wrote: »
    Local news at 1.00 today...

A representative from an Animal shelter (? didn't get the name)
    "If you are bringing your pets for walks in the snow , make sure they are on a lead, because you don't know how deep the snow could be " !!???? WTF !!!!

Sweet Jesus the threat of snow brings out stupidity in some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, anybody out buying 'supplies' needs to be euthanized to preserve national intelligence levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Jaysus some amount of snow outside!! What on earth am I gonna do!?

Might need to get one of those big thick muck savage culchies to look after me!

Plenty in here by the looks of it.....

I'll bring you down to the methodone clinic in the morning, no bother gossin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Duck you and your unnecessary.

Tesco just got 4 packs of monster back in i'd risk 50 people's lives just to taste that sweet sweet monster.

Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, anybody out buying 'supplies' needs to euthanized to preserve national intelligence levels

We are senior citizens , neither of us want to risk slipping or falling . So we got a few extra litres of milk and extra bread yesterday . It was to keep us safe and warm and not having to go out in the bitter cold . I am not really bothered by your disdain to be honest

• Advertisement
Advertisement