Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap transactions

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi there
    New to boards
    Forgive me if not posted correctly
    Can you explain why funds are not deducted for a number of days when using the tap facility on debit card
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

SheroP wrote: »
    Hi there
    New to boards
    Forgive me if not posted correctly
    Can you explain why funds are not deducted for a number of days when using the tap facility on debit card
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

Debit card payments made using contactless use the information available on the card itself to speed up the transactions, while PIN transactions use a link to the account at the bank.

That is why the contact transactions can show right away while contactless transactions typically do not. Once the transaction has been debited to your account, you can see this on your bank account statement.

Hope this makes sense but please let me know if you've any other question.

Tara

Advertisement