Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Landlord help) Moved into apartment with mouldy furniture

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I inspected the property in the middle January and pointed out the furniture was mouldy (along with several other issues with the apartment) and would need to be replaced prior to moving in. I arrived on February 12th to get the keys and the mouldy couches were still there and the estate agent claimed that I never complained about this despite me having it written in my notebook. After a lot of arguing he agreed to look into it and I signed the lease out of desperation as I was starting a new job. He has still to get back to me on replacing them and other essential repairs (broken door lock, missing window clasp meaning it cannot be shut) as he claims he needs approval from the property owner who lives in England.

What are my options? I have pictures which I sent the estate agent the morning after I moved in so there is no doubt that they were in acute disrepair prior to me moving in. Should I go to the PTRB?

Advertisement