Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband down in Grange area

Options
  • 26-02-2018 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Broadband down in some areas in Grange just after midnight today. May be a day or so before it's back up.

Just heard that this was because the post office was robbed last night, and the robbers cut the internet cables to stop the cameras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard that too. Passed about ten am and there was a good few guards around. The postmistress was sitting in her car across the road. Glad it happened that way and not an armed robbery.

PO in Donegal robbed after that.

I left a parcel into Grange PO on Saturday. I hope the f&&kers didn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

I'm sure (hopefully) there was plenty of CCTV footage available from other businesses in the area, still not a nice thing to open up to first thing in the morning, hope all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sligostandard

Broadband is back now in Grange
    Edit: For me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Broadband is back now in Grange

Still down here 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Still down here 🀔

Same :( I'm finding that I am having to talk to the dog more. If it carries on I'll have to talk to the wife :p

• Advertisement

I passed at lunchtime yesterday. There were 3 Eir vans and they had the manholes up around the PO . I heard they sabotaged a cabinet up at the playground as well.

That’s unbelievable. I’m sure the lads are on CCTV. Hope they fix it fairly pronto, it’s when you’re without you realise how much you use it, even for little things.

That’s unbelievable. I’m sure the lads are on CCTV. Hope they fix it fairly pronto, it’s when you’re without you realise how much you use it, even for little things.

Ah, I have to look at the bright side. My dog can almost say "Sussages":cool:

T-Bird wrote: »
    Ah, I have to look at the bright side. My dog can almost say "Sussages":cool:

8, yes eight, Eir vans in Grange at the moment. Fair to say they must’ve made serious sheeeyte out of it whatever they done!

4 vans at the PO and 4 in Courthouse Drive. 2 with big rolls of cable. They must have done serious damage to the infrastructure. Just goes to show how vulnerable it is and how easily it could be done again.

• Advertisement

Well you gotta give it to them it was a very well orchestrated attack if anything

Well you gotta give it to them it was a very well orchestrated attack if anything

Any word on how much they got?

Red alert now, stuck in the house and won’t be fixed til next week at least I’m sure. Aaaarrgh.
    Might try and read on of those book things with the words on the paper pages like people used to do in the olden days.

Red alert now, stuck in the house and won’t be fixed til next week at least I’m sure. Aaaarrgh.
    Might try and read on of those book things with the words on the paper pages like people used to do in the olden days.

I heard they got nothing, but that is just hearsay. All working again here thankfully. Boy they did some job on it.

Good luck with the books :P Remember to "turn" the pages physically and not "swipe" them hehe.

The sum supposedly has not been disclosed, which would make sense for sercurity reasons. Nothing official I heard about it, just rumours. I heard that the same gang targeted a post office in Donegal. I heard a local saying that there must be a good few at it, since the cables were damaged in a few places and some tools and drills were stolen of a few people. Real bank heist stuff huh :D

I heard they got nothing, but that is just hearsay. All working again here thankfully. Boy they did some job on it.

Good luck with the books :P Remember to "turn" the pages physically and not "swipe" them hehe.

When did yours come back? Must get home to check. Fair play to them out today when they had every excuse, or even reason, not to bother.

Edit; Still not back. Are u in the village tbird? I’m out the bundoran road and still nothing. Feck.

When did yours come back? Must get home to check. Fair play to them out today when they had every excuse, or even reason, not to bother.

Edit; Still not back. Are u in the village tbird? I’m out the bundoran road and still nothing. Feck.

I'm in the village, think most here have it back.
    Sorry yours not working, that could be bad news for weekend.

I'm in the village, think most here have it back.
    Sorry yours not working, that could be bad news for weekend.

Ah no it’s ok, just tell me your WiFi password and I can park outside, you won’t even know I’m there.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Hi, Just wondering did you happen to get your Internet back yet?

Sorry to be off topic but probably the best place to ask.
    Has anyone driven to town this morning yet? What are the roads like?

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering did you happen to get your Internet back yet?

No. Are you in same boat as me?
    The more the merrier. At least if there’s still a few out we won’t be forgotten.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sorry to be off topic but probably the best place to ask.
    Has anyone driven to town this morning yet? What are the roads like?

They’re grand, although I only went as far as teesan and back (that’s as far as I needed to go) but main road is fine.

Strathroy Milk truck just came through grange there at an unbelievable speed. Unbelievable on a normal day, never mind today. Went so fast I couldn’t get around to see his reg.

No. Are you in same boat as me?
    The more the merrier. At least if there’s still a few out we won’t be forgotten.

Aaaand we are back in action.

They’re grand, although I only went as far as teesan and back (that’s as far as I needed to go) but main road is fine.

Strathroy Milk truck just came through grange there at an unbelievable speed. Unbelievable on a normal day, never mind today. Went so fast I couldn’t get around to see his reg.

Ta . Went in about ten. Not a bother.

Does anyone down Streedagh direction have any Internet? Mine went again this morning.

Six vans lflat out again today At Londis, the PO, outside the courthouse, CH Drive/Moran's junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

Dodgy place to be leaving cable!!

Where?

Advertisement