Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway traffic times (approaching from East)

Options
  • 27-02-2018 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭

Hi

This is in regard to traffic in Galway city in the morning - when you approach Galway city on the main M6 motorway and come up to the Coolaugh (I think it’s called this) roundabout.

Roughly what hours is this busy from. 07:30 to 09:00. 08:00 - 09:00 etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

up to 10 some mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

7 to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭obi604

7 to 10

Thanks. Feck. Right.
    Didn’t think it was that long.

I think it has improved recently. Still not good, but better than what it was.
    This morning, I passed the Oranmore exit at around 8:15. Took about 15 minutes to get to the lights at Briarhill (turning right)

Its around 2km from where the wooden fences appear to the roundabout. A good rule of thumb, is to expect it to take 1minute for every 100m. That's a pessimistic view, but gives you a close enough estimate to how long you will be sitting in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Have you ever tried approaching from the Carnmore side? Getting off M6 at J19 turning left at Carnmore Cross and right into Parkmore?

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Have you ever tried approaching from the Carnmore side? Getting off M6 at J19 turning left at Carnmore Cross and right into Parkmore?

Yip, depends on what time I'm arriving at. If I get off at J19 before 08:10 I find that route quicker. All depends on the school traffic

Yeah. But always get caught there too. Near the school can be backed up towards carnmore direction.

Yeah. But always get caught there too. Near the school can be backed up towards carnmore direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

briarhill bottleneck

nothing like a new motorway to kick the can up the road.

It can take circa 15mins to creep from where the motorway ends to Boston scientific if i hit that point at 7:20.
    before 7 am is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Hit parkmore at 6.30-6.45 in baddish weather and you can be waiting nearly 30 minutes to get up as far creganna, slightly better to approach from carnmore at this time

• Advertisement
Advertisement