Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow storm Feb 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

thanks to the lads on the ESB crews this weekend, must be a tough job at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Things have improved on the R127 and R128. Here's a few pics from this afternoon.

tV9SvM3h.jpg?1

h6xZul1.jpg?1

HAGa8oEh.jpg

qyrhbunh.jpg

Q5LVkynh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Snowing heavily in Rush again. Roads were ok today but starting to stick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We had a bit of a thaw up in The Blackhills this afternoon. Just looked out the back & we have more snow now than we started with this morning.

Anyone know if the pharmacy in Balrothery is due to open tomorrow?

...Anyone know if the pharmacy in Balrothery is due to open tomorrow?
    Shandy's in Skerries was open when I passed around 8.15pm tonight. It normally closes at 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

I thought the worst had passed, but its worse tonight than last night

biblical at the moment here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks, but Barnageeragh Hill is not an option & apparently Baltrasna is impassable after this evenng' showers. Balrothery is my only real option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Beasty wrote: »
    Irish Water site says possible disruption in Skerries, Balbriggan, Man O War and Bog of the Ring areas due to power outage. They can't send anyone to sort it out until the red warning is lifted

Yet the ESB lads are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Yet the ESB lads are out!

Ironically, the power just went after I typed that, so we'll see! Heat linked to electricity, so not much fun if it takes a while..

kingtiger wrote: »
    ...biblical at the moment here
    Where?

(PS - when was snow mentioned in the Bible? :P:D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Where?

(PS - when was snow mentioned in the Bible? :P:D)

Unto Him be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without bread. Amen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's chucking it down all evening here in Swords, much worse than last night.

Seems to be thawing here in Skerries - constant drip, drip sound from the roof/gutters/down pipes.

My external thermometer is displaying 1.5 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Anyone know if the pharmacy in Balrothery is due to open tomorrow?

Yeah. They were open yesterday and fully expect them to open today and the morning ( Sun). Talking to one of the lads there and he lives locally so has no problem opening. It's a brilliant Pharmacy and extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Seems to be thawing here in Skerries - constant drip, drip sound from the roof/gutters/down pipes.

My external thermometer is displaying 1.5 degrees.

Any idea what the roads are like getting into Skerries from Lusk at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's thawing a little in Malahide, still cold, but its not quite as thick as it was in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone happen to know if mcdonalds at airside or the airport is open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

The road out of Oldtown on Friday morning

444586.jpg

Today, after being cleared by the council. Not hard to see that the town was cut off for five days in 1982. Thanks Fingal.

444588.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Total respect to FCC for all their work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RobFowl wrote: »
    Total respect to FCC for all their work.
    Road from Balrothery to Man O War at about 11:30 today, was cleared by this afternoon.
    28536729_888504664661545_839754067_n.jpg?oh=3f5357f98cdf66d597f180e71553dbf5&oe=5A9DACAF

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Road from Balrothery to Man O War at about 11:30 today, was cleared by this afternoon.
    28536729_888504664661545_839754067_n.jpg?oh=3f5357f98cdf66d597f180e71553dbf5&oe=5A9DACAF

Were those lads clearing the road ;)

Just wondering if Fingal CC would consider putting salt boxes just off main roads.
    I saw some up north recently and the idea is locals would throw out a bit of Salt/Grit on approach to junctions. Mainly they were just off main roads where the Gritters cant get to.

An example would be the junction at Tesco in Rush where the main part of the junction was fine but coming from Kenure was like glass and I skidded out through the junction as did the car behind me. Same for cars coming out of new estates like Brookford, Seabrook and other new estates around NCD.

LeoB wrote: »
    Just wondering if Fingal CC would consider putting salt boxes just off main roads.
    I saw some up north recently and the idea is locals would throw out a bit of Salt/Grit on approach to junctions....
    They can be seen on some very steep lanes in South Co Dublin - Kilmashogue Lane, Tribadden Lane,Kellystown Lane, Hogan's Lane etc. but we don't have anything nearing those gradients in NDC.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

LeoB wrote: »
    Were those lads clearing the road ;)
    Think one of then just dropped a 20c coin.....

....either that or they were marking out the 1.5m minimum passing distance

:)

They can be seen on some very steep lanes in South Co Dublin - Kilmashogue Lane, Tribadden Lane,Kellystown Lane, Hogan's Lane etc. but we don't have anything nearing those gradients in NDC.

I know we dont have the same hills and inclines there are in South county Dublin (unless you live in Hilly Billy country);) but I was thinking at junctions.

Two come to mind from last week. The first is at Tesco in Rush between the car park entrance and the Main lights which was like glass. The other is the junction beside AIB in Skerries. Not sure what the surface is at the junction in Skerries but it is very slippery even when it is just wet. The roads around each junction was fine where the council done an excellent job.

Advertisement