If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV - Need recommendations

Options
  • 27-02-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I am in the market for a new TV and have decided on a 55" but that's the only thing I am sure of. I have spoken with a number of sales people and some have told me to stay away from LG and go for a Sony but then others have told me that the Sony Android system can be very fiddly and slow.
    My budget is circa €800 with some flexibility and Im ready to buy now.
    Please help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

viprecruit wrote: »
    Hi, I am in the market for a new TV and have decided on a 55" but that's the only thing I am sure of. I have spoken with a number of sales people and some have told me to stay away from LG and go for a Sony but then others have told me that the Sony Android system can be very fiddly and slow.
    My budget is circa €800 with some flexibility and Im ready to buy now.
    Please help.
    Hi Vipercruit.

Not sure why they would have told you that. LG make some very good televisions and their OLED is one of the best on the market.

For a 55" Sony with android you would be looking at 999 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202481-bravia-kd55xe8596.aspx

One of the most popular 55" screens at the minute would be the Samsung UE55MU7000 coming on at 949.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202594-ue55mu7000.aspx

Sticking around your budget there would be the Panasonic 58EX700 priced at 819.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202575-viera-tx58ex700b.aspx

Samsung also have the 55MU6400 priced at 769.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202603-ue55mu6400.aspx

All the mentioned TV's also include our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 viprecruit

Thanks for the reply, if you say LG are not a bad brand can you let me know your thoughts on the LG 55UJ701V?

Thanks for the reply, if you say LG are not a bad brand can you let me know your thoughts on the LG 55UJ701V?
    Hi Vipercruit.

Unfortunately the 55UJ701 is not one that we have stocked so I can not comment on it, sorry. (I think its a Currys exclusive only).

We haver the 55UJ670 priced at 679 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202523-lg-55uj670v.aspx

Next with ourselves you would be up to the 55SJ850 priced at 1049 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202532-55sj850v.aspx

Just wondering if you are able to price match with Currys for the Samsung UE55MU7070? 
    At present they are offering 15% off the €949 price.
    If you can do this then lets go ahead and put in the order.

Just wondering if you are able to price match with Currys for the Samsung UE55MU7070? 
    Hi Viprecruit.

Unfortunately that is not a model that we stock.

I think its a Currys exclusive.

We have the 55MU7000 which is also priced at 949 Euro

• Advertisement

Hi Viprecruit.

Thanks, can you also offer this with the 15% discount on this price?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Viprecruit.

Thanks, can you also offer this with the 15% discount on this price?
    Hi Viprecruit,

Unfortunately Currys do not stock this model of television and I would not be able to take 15% off.

We're not currently running a 15% off promotion (our Flash sale ended on Wednesday) but if you find any other deals on this TV let us know and we'll look into matching them.

Kind regards

David

Hi Viprecruit,

Unfortunately Currys do not stock this model of television and I would not be able to take 15% off.

We're not currently running a 15% off promotion (our Flash sale ended on Wednesday) but if you find any other deals on this TV let us know and we'll look into matching them.

Kind regards

David

Thanks, can you tell me if there are any differences between your model and Currys one?

Hi Viprecruit,

Kind regards

David

Thanks, can you tell me if there are any differences between your model and Currys one?
    To be honest Viprecruit as we have not stocked it I am not familiar with its performance or spec.

Looking on Samsung's website it would seem the only difference is the colour of the surround and legs, the 7000 is silver whereas the 7070 is black.
    All the specs and features seem to be the same.

Hi Viprecruit,

Kind regards

David

To be honest Viprecruit as we have not stocked it I am not familiar with its performance or spec.

Looking on Samsung's website it would seem the only difference is the colour of the surround and legs, the 7000 is silver whereas the 7070 is black.
    Out of the 7000 or the Sony 8596 which would you recommend? I have narrowed down to these 2 I think unless you have another recommendation as I have now pushed my budget to €1000

Perhaps throwing a spanner in the works what about this one SAMSUNG
    QE55Q6F

I see there is a special offer on this too with buying some extras, can you let me know how this would work too and if this TV is as good as the other two I have mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi Viprecruit.

Hi Kenny,
    The 55MU7000 is £769 on your .com site, €949 is roughly £847.
    It might be an incentive for op to buy in £s.

Invincible wrote: »
    Hi Viprecruit.

Hi Kenny,
    The 55MU7000 is £769 on your .com site, €949 is roughly £847.
    It might be an incentive for op to buy in £s.
    Hi Invincible,

Sometimes it does work out cheaper to pay in sterling as our Euro pricing is not a direct conversion and takes into account market pricing in ROI.

Hi Viprecruit,

Kind regards

David

Out of the 7000 or the Sony 8596 which would you recommend? I have narrowed down to these 2 I think unless you have another recommendation as I have now pushed my budget to €1000

Perhaps throwing a spanner in the works what about this one SAMSUNG
    QE55Q6F

I see there is a special offer on this too with buying some extras, can you let me know how this would work too and if this TV is as good as the other two I have mentioned
    Hi viprecruit,

I would recommend the QLED for panel quality as it has the best brightness, colour and contrast of the three.

There is a cash back promotion with this TV as well however you would need to purchase one or all of the Samsung Soundbar, Wireless subwoofer or 4K Blu Ray. Depending on what you buy you can claim cash back from Samsung for each item up to a total value of £500 (if you buy them all).

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.