Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing for pre-closure inspection before buying

Options
  • 27-02-2018 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

What would the timing usually be for a pre-closure inspection. I am expecting to close on a place in the next few days but no exact date yet. Would people settle with inspecting the place knowing there might be a few days between the inspection and actual closure, or would you wait until the very last minute and try to arrange it on the day of closure?

Also besides obvious damages and making sur the place has been cleared-up from all furniture/belongings (as per contract), is there anothing else to be mindful of? (in an apartment)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bob24 wrote: »
    would you wait until the very last minute and try to arrange it on the day of closure?
    Waiting until the last minute may mean that you don't get to pick and choose who'll be available to inspect the house.

As for stuff going missing, maybe take a panoramic view of the rooms so you'll see straight away should anything be missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

the_syco wrote: »
    Waiting until the last minute may mean that you don't get to pick and choose who'll be available to inspect the house.

I was going to inspect myself and I can arrange to be available. Do you mean you would get someone to inspect on your behalf? (to be clear we already had a survey done, this is just an inspection before closing the deal so my view is that the idea is just to make sure there hasn't been any obvious damage since the survey and the premises have been cleared from their contents as per the contracts)

Do you mean you would get someone to inspect on your behalf?
    Yup. An independent witness, as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Miss Russell

We did ours the day before closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

We did ours the day before closing date.

Thanks. Was it a quick look in a few minutes to spot anything obvious or did you do a detailed review?

• Advertisement

Thanks. Was it a quick look in a few minutes to spot anything obvious or did you do a detailed review?
    Perhaps photograph things that you'd expect to still be there, such as the boiler, the kitchen, etc. Also, if there's a fancy fireplace, photograph that as well, with the days newspaper in the photo.

Advertisement