Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns Pepper (ex Danske Bank -- ((Ex Ex National Irish Bank)))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Good article in indo from Charlie Weston

https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/charlie-weston-the-day-the-vulture-funds-came-for-me-36639042.html

I got a letter too last week asking for me to confirm I am who I am yet they wont tell us who they are.

So he’s giving out that the new loan owner isn’t regulated, yet is not happy when the loan servicer (who is regulated) complies with the regulations under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010.

Either you want them to comply with the financial regulations in the country or you don’t, which is it?

Then he gives out about the new loan owner not being introduced, yet says Danske wrote to him to advise him of the sale and who the new owner is. Can’t say you didn’t know mate, you were sent a letter saying who the new loan owner is. What more do you want, the directors of the new owner to call around to your house for some tea and cake and a little chat?

Regarding his tracker and not notifying him of the sale, the fact of the matter is, you have a performing loan which you have a contract for, and that contract would state that the bank can sell your loan (which they did as they are pulling out of Ireland completely). They don’t need to pass it by you first, if you read your contract and terms and conditions you would see that. The new loan owner cannot change the terms of the contract that you have (they just bought the debt), and given the amount of redress being given by the banks at the moment for the tracker debacle, I would imagine that nobody would be as foolish as to try to take people off trackers. So that is another complete non-point.

Then he makes the point that Goldman Sachs were involved in the purchase, and how surprised he was about this and all the effort he went to, to find out about this as if it was some dirty secret which was being kept from the public. Look what I did in a few seconds on Google:

https://www.google.ie/search?ei=xHmVWtOBLuzOgAa226PACQ&q=Danske+bank+ireland+loan+sale&oq=Danske+bank+ireland+loan+sale&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.39755.40967.0.41264.9.9.0.0.0.0.87.545.9.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.9.543...0i22i30k1j0i13i30k1j0i8i13i30k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.nd0ILkreU3w

Who is the second and third links from? That’s right, his own paper, the one for which he is the personal finance editor.

Then he basically equates Goldman Sachs to the boogie man, yes they made a huge mess in the US where the regulations were terrible, but they also own the old GE money portfolio here and they have engaged Pepper to service the portfolio and Pepper has stuck to the regulations laid down by the Central Bank in managing that portfolio, and indeed in all the portfolios they service, and I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t do so with this portfolio. I'm not saying GS are angels, they ****ed up royally in the US, but they are abiding by the regulations here.

I worry that this is the type of article a finance editor for one of the country’s largest newspapers comes out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Pepper Financial Services Group were taken over by New York Private Equity group called KKR in August last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got the same letter also. I can't understand why when Danske originally had or identification. So why do we have to provide it again.

The thing that in curious about though is what proof proper have that they hold the deeds to my home or other artifacts that prove that I should be paying Pepper.

I could type up and print out a letter to myself that my mortgage is sold to pooper finance inc.

If I have to provide identification, then should I not be entitled to reasonably require that they can prove they have the actual paperwork to prove that I'll get my deeds when the mortgage is paid off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Treat it as scam mail .................who would provide personal details of passports etc to someone who wont even sign a letter and you dont really know who they are................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

skippy2 wrote: »
    Treat it as scam mail .................who would provide personal details of passports etc to someone who wont even sign a letter and you dont really know who they are................

Be sure to come back and let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement