Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi electric scarifier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Got one a few years ago. I found it very useful!!
    Used it to assist in digging up my back garden to lay a lawn.
    Garden was about 20 metres long by 6 or 7 metres wide.
    Soil was in particularly bad condition, and had vines and briers running through it, stones some large some small.. The garden had been over grown with bushes throughout after being abandoned for a number of years.
    After removing everything above ground, I went along and loosened the top layer with one or two hooks of the pick axe and then used this machine to go deeper breaking up the soil and pulling up any roots.

I'd have been lost with out it, as the job would have been too labour intensive.
    The vines got wrapped around it as you would expect but i cut them off with a stanley knife.

Towards the end of the job (which i did over a number of weeks in bits and pieces) it would occasionally trip the breaker, but it was still running. I definitely was abusing it somewhat so I would have expected a little damage.

If you're intending to use it for light garden work (turning over soil) I dont think you will have any problems.
    I certainly got my money's worth out of it even if i had binned it after i was finished. I'll actually be digging it out again shortly to see if it is up to a similar task for my new house.

Edit: Sorry, ignore all of that I didnt follow your link, I thought you were referring to this.
    https://www.aldi.ie/gardenline-electric-tiller/p/082355197669800

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

no bother, cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

peadar76 wrote: »
    https://www.aldi.ie/gardenline-electric-rake-%26-scarifier/p/082356197670000

Anyone got one of these? Any feedback would be much appreciated

Got a similar one in screwfix https://www.ie.screwfix.com/titan-ttb428gdo-32cm-1300w-lawn-scarifier-230v-230v.html
    Very good machine which will rip out the moss with ease. Pleasure to use. Feels just like walking behind a lawnmower. The collection box is as good as useless though. Far too much moss comes up you'd be emptying it every 5mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

The collection box is as good as useless though. Far too much moss comes up you'd be emptying it every 5mins.

Got the aldi one a few years back. Can't fault it. As above the box is tiny and would need emptying every 5 metres. I just collect it by running the lawnmower over it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Same as above, does a good job at moss removal but the collection box is poor. Like poster above said, run your mower over to collect the moss.

OP, where are you based? I don't need mine any more, just a year old and used twice......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Sorry, haven't checked in in a while. I was busy playing in the snow.
    I am based in the wexford area.

I see Lidl have them coming in this week as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I have one similar to that which I bought in Woodies about eight years ago. As the others have said, the collection boxes on these are useless, but I am one of those who still empties it every few minutes into a large bag. I do my lawn about twice a year with it and its brilliant. I haven't seen a daisy in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Bought one two years ago in Aldi. Still in box. When is best time of year to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I'd leave it for another few weeks yet, until things have warmed up a bit more in the ground. That's what I'll be doing anyway. I usually do it again for a second time in mid-/end-October or so, or just when things are slowing down for the winter.

Advertisement