Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGI Friday Airside

Options
  • 27-02-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Relation of mine had a very unfortunate incident while dining in TGI's last Saturday evening. Wondering has anyone else experienced similar issues.

"I am sitting in TGI FRIDAYS airside that seats about 200 people it’s empty !!!!! On a Saturday night. !!!

We are parked in the airside retail park opposite the restaurant since 9 pm when we got here. All shops closed !!!! We just got clamped 125 euro. I wonder why this restaurant is empty. We will never be here again. The restaurant main boss told staff it was not their responsibility to alert customers. !!!!

We would not have parked if we knew. Just didn’t read the sign in the dark. What a Lovley night ruined. Voting with my feet. Never again

And now to add insult to injury the staff in tgi just asked us to leave. !!!

We are 2 families the youngest is 11 years old. and with a little dress and jacket on. it’s -2 degrees !!!

I just do not believe this is actually happening. My bill in tgi was €290 !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The car park at Airside has been the subject of many a discussion in this forum because of the design and the way it's run. Unfortunately for your relation though, the clamping rule has been in place for quite some time and with good reason. They could try contacting the car park management to see if they will make an exception for them, but since there are signs up they probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

JW7 wrote: »
    ....We are parked in the airside retail park opposite the restaurant since 9 pm when we got here. All shops closed !!!! We just got clamped 125 euro....
    They have a problem with people using it as a long term car for the airport. If parked there when all the shops are closed, I presume the clamping staff assumed it was another airport customer trying to save on parking charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the TGI site isnt part of the retail park car park so if they were parked across the road and not in the car park outside tgi/wright venue they were probably parked in wrong place and there are signs up in the car park aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Unfortunately for you the clampers are 100% within their right as tgi is not part of the airside centre. I would still try by showing them the tgi bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

Its more TGI's attitude and prices as the reason why I posted this.
    I understand the car park being used for Airport users and park and ride people using public transport. Clamp away!!
    Hogg's and Heifers warn patrons about clamping and don't charge exorbitant prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 JW7

neris wrote: »
    the TGI site isnt part of the retail park car park so if they were parked across the road and not in the car park outside tgi/wright venue they were probably parked in wrong place and there are signs up in the car park aswell

You ever tried parking in the car park outside wrights on a Saturday night.
    About 20 spaces at most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Isn't there a car park around the back of Wright's, and one across from it at the VHI clinic? I think it costs €1 per hour outside of business hours.
    I've never been to TGI Friday's so I don't know what the prices are like but if you/your relation feel they're too high then you/they would be right in deciding not to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

To be fair the prices are on the menus. Everyone knows how pricey tgi is.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Went to TGI’s once and never again . Food was mediocre at best and to be honest thought the place was very tired looking . Ruby’s in pavilions is much better experience IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

My wife was warned by security staff after parking there late one evening that this was coming. So, I'm not surprised by it, but why they don't just put up a few pay and display machines like elsewhere in Swords, for out of (shopping) hours use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement