Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options
  • 27-02-2018 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi all, i wouldn't be all that great on the online shopping thing, but i was looking on the amazon the other evening and there seemed to be good value on some stuff i was looking at. General shooting/hunting gear. You know the usual stuff you dont need, but have to get. (Child in a sweet shop kind of thing).
    Well i was just wondering if any of you ever use it and how do you find it value wise, shipping, currency, price v shops here that sort of stuff. Or any other advice.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Hi all, i wouldn't be all that great on the online shopping thing, but i was looking on the amazon the other evening and there seemed to be good value on some stuff i was looking at. General shooting/hunting gear. You know the usual stuff you dont need, but have to get. (Child in a sweet shop kind of thing).
    Well i was just wondering if any of you ever use it and how do you find it value wise, shipping, currency, price v shops here that sort of stuff. Or any other advice.

Many thanks

Amazon is great and u can get some great deals only problem is a lot of uk online shops don’t ship to Ireland but easy way around this is set up an An Post address pal account after that just make sure of your exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Don’t forget to check Amazon US. You can change the country in your amazon settings. I got a pair of Howard Leigh electronic ear muffs recently on the US site. Posted from the US to my address pal in England then forwarded on to Ireland. All for €45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I use Amazon a lot for all kinds of stuff and some places wont ship to Ireland but many will.If you search around for bargains you can get great deals, particularly from the US.
    As an aside, Luckysasha, how are you finding the Howard Leigh ear defenders, I got a pair from a pal in UK and find them brilliant.
    Apparently, though, there are a lot of Chinese knockoffs on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

Thanks for the info lads.

As an aside, Luckysasha, how are you finding the Howard Leigh ear defenders, I got a pair from a pal in UK and find them brilliant.
    Apparently, though, there are a lot of Chinese knockoffs on Amazon[/QUOTE]

Can’t fault them. I use them for clay and pistol shooting. Only small issue I have is because the stock on my shotgun is high it knocks against the ear defenders the odd time. This is no fault of the Howard Leigh’s it’s the same with any brand of over ear protection. But for sound deadening they are great plus the fact you can carry on a normal conversation when wearing them because of the electronics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭DogfoxCork

use amazon for nearly everything, great price compared to most other places. use parcelmotel or equivalent for anything that doesnt ship to ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Apparently, though, there are a lot of Chinese knockoffs on Amazon

Can’t fault them. I use them for clay and pistol shooting. Only small issue I have is because the stock on my shotgun is high it knocks against the ear defenders the odd time. This is no fault of the Howard Leigh’s it’s the same with any brand of over ear protection. But for sound deadening they are great plus the fact you can carry on a normal conversation when wearing them because of the electronics.[/QUOTE]

I've the same problem (though with any brand of ear defenders I've tried). I've had to switch to using the in-ear foam ones, as, even when the earphones weren't tipping the stock, the thought that they were about to was putting me off! Must try the in-ear electronic ones, as it is annoying taking them in and out if someone is speaking to me.

I have a set of “Flugz” actually bought them off amazon!! You heat them up in the microwave and then shove them in to your ears and as they cool down they mold to the shape of your ear. There good as hearing protection but it’s hard to hear normal conversation with them in. I looked at the Cens but there big money

Advertisement