Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Everything - Olympia 28th Feb **TONIGHT'S SHOWS POSTPONED**

Options
  • 27-02-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this? Hoping the snow doesn't hit it too bad...

They've announced a Foals DJ set for the UK leg starting March 2nd, gutted, would have been an incredible freebie!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Fingers crossed that it's not cancelled...Looking forward to it.
    Missed them the last time they were playing, and sure the Olympia has to be one of the best venues in town!

Do we know who the support is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Travelling up from Limerick and dreading the journey if its bad but really want to go. No idea who is supporting but I see Sundara Karma are supporting them in the UK next week. Hoping it is them. Best band I discovered in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Brickinthewall

David Kitt is supporting.

Also keeping fingers crossed that the weather doesn't affect the gig

Where do ye think it would be announced if the gig was cancelled? Red alert for Dublin doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I guess it would be on the MCD website? Or Ticketmaster? I’ve been checking those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

yeah im supposed to be going too but cant see any cancellation..... surely a red warning means venues close?.... bummer if so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Keep an eye on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

jobless wrote: »
    yeah im supposed to be going too but cant see any cancellation..... surely a red warning means venues close?.... bummer if so
    shops are open, lot of businesses are open, most public transport still running...can't see it being cancelled unless things go downhill quite a bit throughout the day.

I emailed MCD. Awaiting a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm also keeping an eye out. Weather is set to worsen throughout the day, I think if public transport stops the gig will be cancelled, otherwise no reason for it to be really.

Does anyone know if the band are flying in today or are they already here?

• Advertisement

blacklilly wrote: »
    I'm also keeping an eye out. Weather is set to worsen throughout the day, I think if public transport stops the gig will be cancelled, otherwise no reason for it to be really.

Does anyone know if the band are flying in today or are they already here?

they did an interview with 2FM last night so i assume they are here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »

Not sure if we should take that as gospel.

Called the Olympia and they are still planning to go ahead but awaiting an update and they will announce on Twitter and FB if anything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Still seems to be going ahead, it's gonna be tough to get home from, I don't wanna miss it, but I also don't wanna get stuck in town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Still seems to be going ahead, it's gonna be tough to get home from, I don't wanna miss it, but I also don't wanna get stuck in town

Same here!

chancing it on the train and praying theres no storm during concert to leave me stuck

Dublin bus are stopping all buses after 7 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Gig has been cancelled.

viv2 wrote: »
    Gig has been cancelled.

Where did ya see that?

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Where did ya see that?
    I think it was Mcd on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Halfway to Dublin...lucky someone called me to let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

A joke really, we all knew it would be cancelled and they kept saying no... people trying to make an effort to go.. and their response was “ if you miss the gig and have insurance you’ll be reimbursed”
    I’m glad it was postponed as so many people will miss it though.

once Dublin Bus decided to pack it in from 7PM, it was unlikely to go ahead I guess. very little snow throughout the day in the city centre, roads are pretty clear, but there's supposed to be lots of snow showers later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I was almost considering driving in. They're my favourite band, but glad it's going to be rescheduled.

the band are in Bison Bar on the quays at the moment, and will be in the Workman's Club later, according to them on twitter.

surely red warnings should mean venues close to avoid all this nonsense of cancelling at the last minute.....

Rescheduled to the 7th October

• Advertisement

Anyone heard if there is any supporting act on tonight or what time EE will be on stage?

Advertisement