Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VERO

Options
  • 27-02-2018 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Just thought we should start a thread on this.

Claiming to be the next Instagram without all adds and silly algorithms.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I hadn't heard of it, is it another photo sharing platform?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I googled it and the first few results were about what problems they've been having - a victim of their own success? Bit of info here: http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-43208162

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Pretty much.

Apparently you connect with people based on music, films, books and photos shared.

No advertising or data mining or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Tried to set up an account already. Pretty much unusable atm

So it seems from some of the tweets referenced in that BBC story. I might give it a while, let some others be the guinea pigs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

miamee wrote: »
    So it seems from some of the tweets referenced in that BBC story. I might give it a while, let some others be the guinea pigs :D

Eh, the first million users get a free account for life, after that it'll be a paid subscriprion service (hence no advertising or data mining). So I signed up for that, if it goes somewhere happy days, if not no worries.

I like the design of it, but it's a bit flaky at times.

Advertisement