Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre to the Home

Options
  • 27-02-2018 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just had FTTH installed today. Great job by the KN technicians in putting in new line and tidy work in the house. Now going from speeds of 3mbps to max so far of 117mbps. Definitely impressed with the service today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Heinzer wrote: »
    Just had FTTH installed today. Great job by the KN technicians in putting in new line and tidy work in the house. Now going from speeds of 3mbps to max so far of 117mbps. Definitely impressed with the service today
    Hi Heinzer, 

That's great to hear, delighted you are enjoying the service :)

Thanks for the positive feedback. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Heinzer

So my modem stopped working and I have no problem with that as these things happen. What annoys me is Eir tech support won't replace it until they speak with the named account holder even though I am authorized to speak on the account. The reason they gave me was because of GDPR (which doesn't take effect until May 25th) but are still unable to state what part of GDPR it refers to. The account holder is away until next Saturday so no Broadband until at least Monday week possibly Tuesday week depending on delivery. Manager N03l refused to speak to me and 2 advisors hung up on me when I pushed to know what part of GDPR they were referring to.

So my modem stopped working and I have no problem with that as these things happen. What annoys me is Eir tech support won't replace it until they speak with the named account holder even though I am authorized to speak on the account. The reason they gave me was because of GDPR (which doesn't take effect until May 25th) but are still unable to state what part of GDPR it refers to. The account holder is away until next Saturday so no Broadband until at least Monday week possibly Tuesday week depending on delivery. Manager N03l refused to speak to me and 2 advisors hung up on me when I pushed to know what part of GDPR they were referring to.
    Hi Heinzer, 

I understand your frustration here however only the account holder can make a change on the account. As a named user you can be given information about the account but you are unable to make any physical changes to the account. 

This is for data protection purposes and I'm afraid this is out of our control. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Heinzer, 

I understand your frustration here however only the account holder can make a change on the account. As a named user you can be given information about the account but you are unable to make any physical changes to the account. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Please explain what change I am making and how this is breaking data protection

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Placing the order for the new modem would be the change that's being made on the account. Only the account holder can make these changes. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Placing the order for the new modem would be the change that's being made on the account. Only the account holder can make these changes. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    That's not actually explaining it. How is replacing faulty equipment making a change to the account. I could buy a second hand modem and use it without even having to contact Eir so please give me the detail of the supposed data breach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭tphase

had a similar situation with a different phone company, my OH is the name on the account so they wouldn't deal with me. I called back later, got a different agent, was able to answer all the security questions and they were happy to discuss the issue I had.
    Maybe you can try that?

tphase wrote: »
    had a similar situation with a different phone company, my OH is the name on the account so they wouldn't deal with me. I called back later, got a different agent, was able to answer all the security questions and they were happy to discuss the issue I had.
    Maybe you can try that?
    Thanks for that. I answered all the security questions and completed all of the trouble shooting. The problem is they won't replace the faulty equipment and are still charging me for a service they are now unable to provide because of it. And nobody in Eir seems able to fully explain how replacing this equipment is a breach of data protection. They simply hide behind the words. I am now looking into whether this is a breach of contract by refusing to fix the issue. I'm looking at moving to Sky and mobiles to Vodafone (they are not supplying the same service)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭tphase

Thanks for that. I answered all the security questions and completed all of the trouble shooting. The problem is they won't replace the faulty equipment and are still charging me for a service they are now unable to provide because of it. And nobody in Eir seems able to fully explain how replacing this equipment is a breach of data protection. They simply hide behind the words. I am now looking into whether this is a breach of contract by refusing to fix the issue. I'm looking at moving to Sky and mobiles to Vodafone (they are not supplying the same service)
    You're not going to get anywhere with them, they will continue to throw the data protection excuse at you without any explanation because they don't know how (or if) it breaches data protection legislation
    I'd suggest call them back, tell them you are the account holder (unless you happen to get an agent you've dealt with previously) and proceed from there.
    Also get your name put on the account so this can't happen again

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    That's not actually explaining it. How is replacing faulty equipment making a change to the account. I could buy a second hand modem and use it without even having to contact Eir so please give me the detail of the supposed data breach
    An order is required to send out the new replacement modem and this is generating a change on the account. 

The account holder could contact the support team directly using the international number - 00353 1 6714444 to arrange this. 

Unfortunately,  there is no more I can do in relation to this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    An order is required to send out the new replacement modem and this is generating a change on the account. 

The account holder could contact the support team directly using the international number - 00353 1 6714444 to arrange this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    What change does it make to the account?  There is no additional cost or contract extension. The account name remains the same and no personal details are provided. Your response is not clear enough. Please have the Eir DPO explain this as you clearly have no grasp of the policy. Remember I was told that this was due to the new GDPR legislation.

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    What change does it make to the account?  There is no additional cost or contract extension. The account name remains the same and no personal details are provided. Your response is not clear enough. Please have the Eir DPO explain this as you clearly have no grasp of the policy. Remember I was told that this was due to the new GDPR legislation.
    Apologies for the agent advising you on the GDPR legislation this is not in effect as of yet so this should not have been advised. 

I have spoken with a manager within our support team and they have confirmed that if you are a named user on the account and are within contract then they can progress this replacement modem for you. 

The standard procedure is if any orders are placed on an account the account holder needs to arrange this however with replacement modems there is an exception if you are within contract.

Feel free to PM me your account details and I can arrange this for you with them directly. 

Apologies for all confusion here and for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Apologies for the agent advising you on the GDPR legislation this is not in effect as of yet so this should not have been advised. 

I have spoken with a manager within our support team and they have confirmed that if you are a named user on the account and are within contract then they can progress this replacement modem for you. 

The standard procedure is if any orders are placed on an account the account holder needs to arrange this however with replacement modems there is an exception if you are within contract.

Feel free to PM me your account details and I can arrange this for you with them directly. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, thanks for clearing this up. I wish to make a formal complaint against the 2 agents who hung up on me when I tried to do this (including the agent who quoted an internal email stating that it was now against GDPR guidelines to complete this for me even after I pointed out that GDPR does not take effect until 25th May) and the manager who twice refused to talk to me about this. How do I go about making this official complaint? And how do I get refunded for the days that I am without service? 
    I still wish to cancel my account as I believe there is a breach of contract when the said 2 agents in Tech support and agents on boards refused to replace the faulty modem for me and therefor refused to supply a service I am paying for.
    3(a) In relation to eir Fibre Broadband products, eir will supply a suitable eir Broadband modem to customers in order to facilitate provision of and use of the Service. This Modem remains the property of eir and may only be used in conjunction with eir Broadband products and must comply with all manufacturers’ instructions and any other reasonable instruction provided by eir.
    I am very concerned that it took 4 days for someone in Eir to have to figure out that I was entitled to request a replacement for a faulty product and that I had to spend over an hour on the phone advising Eir of this and 3 days on Boards.ie. It gives me no confidence in Eir's ability to resolve any future issues that may occur/

Hi Heinzer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, thanks for clearing this up. I wish to make a formal complaint against the 2 agents who hung up on me when I tried to do this (including the agent who quoted an internal email stating that it was now against GDPR guidelines to complete this for me even after I pointed out that GDPR does not take effect until 25th May) and the manager who twice refused to talk to me about this. How do I go about making this official complaint? And how do I get refunded for the days that I am without service? 
    I still wish to cancel my account as I believe there is a breach of contract when the said 2 agents in Tech support and agents on boards refused to replace the faulty modem for me and therefor refused to supply a service I am paying for.
    3(a) In relation to eir Fibre Broadband products, eir will supply a suitable eir Broadband modem to customers in order to facilitate provision of and use of the Service. This Modem remains the property of eir and may only be used in conjunction with eir Broadband products and must comply with all manufacturers’ instructions and any other reasonable instruction provided by eir.
    I am very concerned that it took 4 days for someone in Eir to have to figure out that I was entitled to request a replacement for a faulty product and that I had to spend over an hour on the phone advising Eir of this and 3 days on Boards.ie. It gives me no confidence in Eir's ability to resolve any future issues that may occur/
    I completely understand your frustration here and I'm sorry it has taken so long to get the correct information for you. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

We are in the process of preparing for the GDPR to come into effect so agents are being over cautious in preparation, it was human error that this mistake was made and I sincerely apologise for this. 

A refund can only be applied to the account by the account holder, we would also normally only add the credit once the service is reinstated to give an accurate amount, the customer care team on 1901 will be able to apply this for the account holder.  

If you would like me to organise the replacement modem, feel free to PM me your account details and I'll arrange this for you. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are looking to cancel your account. The care team on 1901 can arrange this for you however early cease charges would apply. 

All details for formal complaints can be found here - https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp 

Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cencglob

Heinser, 

Would you be able to post here or link a copy of that contract, I'm looking to buy a fibre BB bundle, at the mo eir are unfortunately the only option, I've been in online chat for an hour today having being duped by a sales rep who lied that I would be able to see the contract before I signed up, on step 3 of the sign up process and there was still only a bank DD disclaimer   
    I'd like see the contract before buying and it's like blood from a stone to get it from them....me guesses there some nasty stuff in there that way its buried in there and hard to get.

Much appreciated.

cencglob wrote: »
    Heinser, 

Would you be able to post here or link a copy of that contract, I'm looking to buy a fibre BB bundle, at the mo eir are unfortunately the only option, I've been in online chat for an hour today having being duped by a sales rep who lied that I would be able to see the contract before I signed up, on step 3 of the sign up process and there was still only a bank DD disclaimer   
    I'd like see the contract before buying and it's like blood from a stone to get it from them....me guesses there some nasty stuff in there that way its buried in there and hard to get.

Much appreciated.
    Hi cencglob, 

I've responded to you on your other thread there now. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey, 
    According to your complaints team you are incorrect with the final piece of information you have provided in relation to me being able to request a replacement modem as the account is in contract and I am authorized on the account. I have twice referred to this thread but they seem to be ignoring this. 
    Based on this can you please have confirmation from the Eir DPO on whether or not as a authorized user on the account I can request replacement of faulty equipment whilst in contract. Can this answer be communicated across all customer facing depts. in Eir to ensure consistency in messages as you don't come across as a company who know their ars€ from their elbow.

Hi Tracey, 
    According to your complaints team you are incorrect with the final piece of information you have provided in relation to me being able to request a replacement modem as the account is in contract and I am authorized on the account. I have twice referred to this thread but they seem to be ignoring this. 
    Based on this can you please have confirmation from the Eir DPO on whether or not as a authorized user on the account I can request replacement of faulty equipment whilst in contract. Can this answer be communicated across all customer facing depts. in Eir to ensure consistency in messages as you don't come across as a company who know their ars€ from their elbow.
    Hi Henizer, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this. 

I can confirm the information I have supplied to you is correct. If you are authorised on the account and are within contract you are able to order a replacement modem. 

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the complaints team.

If you have still not received the new modem, I can arrange this for you here if you PM me the account number. 

Apologies again for all the confusion here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey, 
    Hi Henizer, 

I can confirm the information I have supplied to you is correct. If you are authorised on the account and are within contract you are able to order a replacement modem. 

If you have still not received the new modem, I can arrange this for you here if you PM me the account number. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, 
    Thanks for getting back to me but I need to inform you that your customer service team say you are wrong. I have sent them this thread and they said you are giving out incorrect information. I am totally confused and don't know who to believe. Someone in Eir needs to be educated, whether that is the Boards reps or customer service that is up to you. But what it does mean is I am still getting incorrect information from someone and that is not a great customer experience

Hi Tracey, 
    Hi Henizer, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, 
    Thanks for getting back to me but I need to inform you that your customer service team say you are wrong. I have sent them this thread and they said you are giving out incorrect information. I am totally confused and don't know who to believe. Someone in Eir needs to be educated, whether that is the Boards reps or customer service that is up to you. But what it does mean is I am still getting incorrect information from someone and that is not a great customer experience
    Hi Heinzer, 

I'm really sorry to hear you are still having issues with this.

Can you confirm how you logged this complaint? and the agent's name that you are dealing with, please? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement