Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment to Germany - SWIFT code error

Options
  • 27-02-2018 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am trying to put a payment through in to a company in Germany. Their intermediary bank is Commerzbank AG but when I enter the SWIFT code I am getting an incorrect SWIFT code message? This is not my first time to send money to this company so I am struggling to find the issue.

Can you please advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kieran12,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. Are you using 365 Online or Business On Line and have you tried entering the payee's IBAN and BIC? You would usually only enter the payee details for a SEPA transfer. As you mentioned you've paid them before, you could check if the details are still available in your list of existing payees.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran12

I am using Business On Line, the payee's IBAN and BIC has been unaltered since the last payment. If I try to pay without entering an intermediary details I get the same "incorrect SWIFT code" error message. I try to make the payment through known payees also.

Hi kieran12,

Can I ask what currency you’re trying to send and is your account with us in Euro or Sterling? Also, have you asked the payee to check that you have the correct details?

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran12

Hi Tara,
    We are trying to send a sterling payment. We have both EURO and Sterling accounts with BOI. Yes we have asked to confirm details also but the information is correct as per invoice and this payee has been paid before successfully.

Thanks

Can you please send us a private message with the BIC and we’ll check this further? To send a private message just click the link under my signature. If you can’t see the link you’ll need to edit your settings in Control Panel - Edit Options - Thread Display Options - Visible Post Elements - Show Signatures.

Alternatively, you can email business.online@boi.com.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement