Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online furniture auction

• 27-02-2018 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Just got an email from these guys, I have bought furniture from them in the past and very happy with it. I think they offer delivery nationwide too. They are running an online furniture auction starts Thursday morning and i think you have to register at https://www.bigmickey.ie/auction might be worth a look

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

bigmickey.ie... seems like my kind of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

registered... but nothing visible - no auction button appears like their blurb says... waste of time sadly unless they sort their website out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I registered and can view items available for auction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Addle wrote: »
    I registered and can view items available for auction.

you using chrome? I'm using chrome and the auction button does not appear for me on the menu at the top - definitely logged in... wonder if I need to fill address, payment details etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I just registered with my email address and a password on my phone.
    I'm not using chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

you using chrome? I'm using chrome and the auction button does not appear for me on the menu at the top - definitely logged in... wonder if I need to fill address, payment details etc?

Could be Adblock / ublock etc.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Thanks O P

The auction tab is now visible on the site once you are logged in.

We will be adding to the products all day today and tomorrow morning. The auction tab may disappear at times, as we are working on the site constantly. This Auction is a trial run folks and if its successful we will be running it on a monthly basis. There are no auction fees or commissions. The final price is the price you pay.

Thanks
    Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Moving house in a few weeks, so perfect timing! How long does the auction run for?

trixiebust wrote: »
    Moving house in a few weeks, so perfect timing! How long does the auction run for?

Hi , 7 days from tomorrow. This is a trial run. We hope to do one starting on the 1st of every month for 7 days also. We may negotiate after aucton for any unsold items as well.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

How does one bid. Seeing "there are no bids on this product" with timer underneath but no option to bid.

Faze11 wrote: »
    How does one bid. Seeing "there are no bids on this product" with timer underneath but no option to bid.

Hi Faze 11

The auction only opens tomorrrow at 12 noon. You can bid from then. You can see some of the items already. There is a count down timer displaying on the the auction site is the amount of time left until the auction starts.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Hi Faze 11

The auction only opens tomorrrow at 12 noon. You can bid from then. You can see some of the items already. There is a count down timer displaying on the the auction site is the amount of time left until the auction starts.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Ah I see, thank you.

Nice to see commercial entities promoting their 'bargains' here.

degsie wrote: »

Hi degsie

We did not start the thread but it would be bad manners not to answer any genuine questions from you guys. We have a long association with boards over the years. This auction should be the "bargain of all bargains" for furniture and beds when it gets up and running properly.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How does delivery work on auction items?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How does delivery work on auction items?

Hi Muahahaha

1. You can collect in person

2. You can have your own courier collect.

3. We can send smaller items with DPD on a next day delivery for €9

4. We have a subsidised rate agreed with an independent courier company that will deliver the bigger items to you for a very reasonable amount.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭garyskeepers

chelbi wrote: »
    Just got an email from these guys, I have bought furniture from them in the past and very happy with it. I think they offer delivery nationwide too. They are running an online furniture auction starts Thursday morning and i think you have to register at https://www.bigmickey.ie/auction might be worth a look

Im gonna bid on a big mickey,, for educational purposes obviously :)

Im gonna bid on a big mickey,, for educational purposes obviously :)

Hi garyskeepers

Looking forward to it. Hope you are successful in your bidding.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭epopnomis

So I buy a few mattresses, will they deliver as far as Cork???

• Advertisement

epopnomis wrote: »
    So I buy a few mattresses, will they deliver as far as Cork???

Hi epopomis

Yes. No problem. It's nationwide delivery.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Klopp

Great idea.

Do you collect and dispose of old Mattress's, beds and furniture when you're delivering new items bought online - even for a small extra free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Do ya get the bread and milk if you buy something in the auction ?? ðŸ˜

Klopp wrote: »
    Great idea.

Do you collect and dispose of old Mattress's, beds and furniture when you're delivering new items bought online - even for a small extra free?

Hi

At Bigmickey.ie everything is possible. Talk to us when you are ready and we will work out something for you.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Do ya get the bread and milk if you buy something in the auction ?? ðŸ˜

Spend plenty and we will even toast the bread for you.:):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭chelbi

I'm not promoting anybody, but I like to buy goods and get a bargain. It's sites like this and beady eyed bargains on Facebook that helps me do that and if other people never bothered to post about sales and events we would be paying through the nose for everything. If it bothers you why are you following these threads Degsie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mick are you going to have more stock up for tomorrow?

chelbi wrote: »
    I'm not promoting anybody, but I like to buy goods and get a bargain. It's sites like this and beady eyed bargains on Facebook that helps me do that and if other people never bothered to post about sales and events we would be paying through the nose for everything. If it bothers you why are you following these threads Degsie?

I have no issue with your op, but the owners of the business got involved with the promotion which I believe contravenes the charter. But who reads charters, right?

I’ve never bid in an auction before seen them on tv.

How’s this work?

• Advertisement

I have no issue with your op, but the owners of the business got involved with the promotion which I believe contravenes the charter. But who reads charters, right?

I take it you've done what your supposed to do if you've any issues with a post.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Spend plenty and we will even toast the bread for you.:):):):)

Is it all household items you guys do or is there any business items - I'm in the pub trade and always looking for upgraded furniture and equipment etc

Mick Do you have dimensions of the sofa?

Particularly looking for a small one and mayb https://bigmickey.ie/product/fabric-terracotta-3-seater-sofa/

Is it all household items you guys do or is there any business items - I'm in the pub trade and always looking for upgraded furniture and equipment etc

Hi cupthehand1

This auction is mostly household but we have got contacts in the UK for pub, hotel and catering items. pm me what you need and I can see if we can help. We have some contract Milliken carpet tiles in this auction if of interest.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Mick Do you have dimensions of the sofa?

Particularly looking for a small one and mayb https://bigmickey.ie/product/fabric-terracotta-3-seater-sofa/

Hi Aileen Quiet Cloverleaf ( a longtime customers of ours)

All the 3 seaters are similar in length. I will measure for you first chance I get. Not sure about tomorrow as we may have to stay closed if the weather is as bad as they predict. I will get back to you.

These 3 seaters are very high quality and should be sold for small enough money in the auction.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

I take it you've done what your supposed to do if you've any issues with a post.:D

Of course :)

Charter states:
    The forum shall not be used by anyone for the purpose of personal gain by advertising their services directly or referring to same in their posts. This includes user names.

But the mods are perfectly happy to let this slide apparently...

• Advertisement

I’ve never bid in an auction before seen them on tv.

How’s this work?

The auction will open tomorrow at 12 noon ( fingers crossed, say a prayer } All you need to do is register with a valid e mail address. You don't need to register any form of payment at that stage. Once you have registered, you can bid as much or as little as you want on each item. It is quite similar to e bay. When the auction ends whoever is the highest bidder gets the item unless there is a reserve that has not been met.

This is our first on line auction so it's a trial run and we hope to have an even bigger auction on 1st of April. We welcome all comments from all you guys on ways of improving it from once it starts. We believe that there will be plenty of serious bargains to be had.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

I’ve never bid on eBay either. :)

So if I see a mattress that you have a price of 20 euro on, I place a bid of 25, do you then say someone has bid 30 allowing me the chance to bid again?

Sorry for what might be dumb questions. I’ve registered and have a few thinks favourited but clueless on the auction part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Hi Mick, picked up some single mattresses and divans from you late last year. In market for a superking mattress now - any chance you'll be adding some to the auction?

I’ve never bid on eBay either. :)

So if I see a mattress that you have a price of 20 euro on, I place a bid of 25, do you then say someone has bid 30 allowing me the chance to bid again?

Sorry for what might be dumb questions. I’ve registered and have a few thinks favourited but clueless on the auction part.

Hi Strawberry Milkshake

The auction will run automatically. You will be able to see what other users have bid. The clock will show on the item and when the 7 day period ends then the clock will stop and the auction will end. On items that are bid on in the last 15 mins of the auction then the time will extend for a further 15 mins and then end. This is what we are told from the supplier that supplied all the software. As we have already stated, this is our first run at it so hopefully all goes tp plan.

Thanks for your interest.

donnacha wrote: »
    Hi Mick, picked up some single mattresses and divans from you late last year. In market for a superking mattress now - any chance you'll be adding some to the auction?

We are still adding stuff tonight and up to 12 noon tomorrow. What type were you hoping for. I'm sure we can add a couple before the auction starts. As I already said this is a trial run to see that everything is working well before we go full speed ahead on our 1st April Mega Auction and before anyone asks no it's not an April fools joke.:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Your website is very slow BTW (and no it's not my internet, other sites are loading fine)

Your website is very slow BTW (and no it's not my internet, other sites are loading fine)

Thanks for letting me know. We already upgraded today due to the increase in traffic. I appreciate you telling me. I will get on to it immediately.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

We are still adding stuff tonight and up to 12 noon tomorrow. What type were you hoping for. I'm sure we can add a couple before the auction starts. As I already said this is a trial run to see that everything is working well before we go full speed ahead on our 1st April Mega Auction and before anyone asks no it's not an April fools joke.:D:D:D:D:D

1000 pocket sprung. Got 2 x mayfairs last time out and we are very happy with them (radiant & topaz)

Of course :)

Charter states:

But the mods are perfectly happy to let this slide apparently...

Mick has a sponsored thread and pays to be in BA.

Mick has a sponsored thread and pays to be in BA.

Ah, and is thus exempted from the charter? Interesting...

donnacha wrote: »
    1000 pocket sprung. Got 2 x mayfairs last time out and we are very happy with them (radiant & topaz)

Have asked the lads to include a couple of Superking mattresses before we kick off tomorrow. Either way we will get you sorted for this.

We are expecting some teething problems and we have just around 250 items this month. We hope to have an extended range of over 1000 items next month

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Any computer chairs coming up at all? After something fancy.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Any computer chairs coming up at all? After something fancy.

We have some good quality fabric ones on castors. They are a little used. They came out of a government department. WE had not them out for auction but can add a few I'm sure.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

right boys and girls, let's straighten up this thread and stop the shenanigans. OP posted a bargain and big mickey through his verified account has engaged with posters. No pickering or I'll start whipping out my warning cards. If you feel wound up, go throw a few snowballs or sonething

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We have some good quality fabric ones on castors. They are a little used. They came out of a government department. WE had not them out for auction but can add a few I'm sure.

Thanks

I'd be interested in these too. The civil service don't tend to skimp on quality (or certainly didn't in the past) when buying stuff like office chairs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement