Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with roof repair

Options
  • 27-02-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I got a leak fixed last year on the roof. The leak has come back and every time I ring the roofer, he says he'll come out and then makes up excuses not to. This is getting very irritating and I was wondering is there an ombudsman or state body that I can complain to or even threaten to complain to? I've checked the roofer's website and he doesnt seem to be part of any organisation I can refer him to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Forget about complaining to anyone. Even if he belonged to some organisation, the only sanction they would have would be to expel him and you didn't check that he was a member of any such organisation before you engaged him so what difference would it make to his business?

You really have learned nothing if you expect him to come back to patch up his own defective and shoddy workmanship.

Get a different roofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What was the value of the work done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what work was done and what warranty was offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If the value of getting it repaired is under €2,000, then the small claims court is the easiest and quickest solution. Even if they were a member of a group, any complaint would be fled under 'BIN' as these groups are dependent on fees paid by members.
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/small-claims-procedure/

Advertisement