Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agricultural Sheds Security

Options
  • 27-02-2018 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

We have a shed that has a very old camera setup used for calving/lambing time of year.

It is a wired setup. I'm not sure what the cabling is - it is quite thick, but there are 3 camera points which are connected by means of 4P4C connector (I think the type used on phone handsets. I'm not sure if that is the maximum amount or if more connection point can be created.

Inside the house a RCA connection terminates the cabling which is then fed into a monitor to view the images.

What I think I want is a System which can still perform calving/lambing functions (image and sound) and additionally security features across the sheds. Viewable via a phone app on at least some of the cameras is important for the calving/lambing.

The cameras should be able to record night vision. Mains power is available throughout the shed.

I'm guessing that I would want between 6 and cameras - if possible.

Due to the environment home cameras will not work.

What should I e looking at here?

Comments

Advertisement