Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads in / around Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

No electricity since 8pm Thursday in castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Only parts of Castleknock.

How's getting around. I haven't tried since a jeep struggled to get out of our road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Back garden this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

roads pretty bad around ongar clonee area only really cleared to allow one car at a time hopefully clear up a bit before monday to avoid major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Any more road reports

• Advertisement

There's another 10cm added in the last couple of hours. Roads are empty. Only 4x4 got out my road today be same tomorrow I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Bumpy bump.

Bit of a thaw setting in despite the light snowfall this morning, how are the local link roads looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Don’t try and get from ongar to clonee on the back road! Very bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

We cleared the entrance ourselves. Can now get in and out. Snow plough just gone past on the main road. Badly needed as the slush was really deep and you could get stuck in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is there any chance the ploughs will be coming into estates over the next few days? Our estate is quite bad.

January wrote: »
    Is there any chance the ploughs will be coming into estates over the next few days? Our estate is quite bad.

None. They never do estates a) they'd never manage them all so there'd be moaning and b) too many parked cars and hazards including people to operate effectively so there could be damage and more moaning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

37 bus is back operational, so roads must be getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Any idea what the back road from Clonee/Ongar to Lucan is like?

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Any idea what the back road from Clonee/Ongar to Lucan is like?

Without even seeing it I say don't even think about it. Clonee to Ongar back road is dreadful so the route towards Lucan may be fully blocked. Use the M50 if you need to get around there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Estates still pretty bad. Delwood this morning

444529.jpg

Neighbours dug out the entrance to our road so got out to check elderly family.

But almost got stuck on their road as there is no where to pull in and park.

Once off the track really struggled. Almost got stuck. So cancelled plans to go any further. The risk of getting stuck on minor roads especially in estates is too high.

I imagine if most people tried driving We'd have people stuck everywhere.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Had to help clear the road outside my house earlier when a guy couldn't drive down it because there was no grip and it looked like he was going to slide into my wife's car. He got past her car and nearly slid into a different one on the other side of the road. Between about 5 or 6 of us we managed to get enough ice off the road for him to get some traction and make it to his house. I don't think he'll be venturing out again until the thaw is almost complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

The Cloner to Ongar/Lucan road is a disaster.
    Must have been big drifts on it from the open fields.

It's only 1 lane is most places so cars are backed up trying to get through.
    The 2 councils who control the road, Fingal & Meath need to get the finger out and plow it again to open up both lanes.
    It'll be madness tomorrow morning when work/schools are back because the snow ridges are far too big to melt for many days.

• Advertisement

I'd expect Traffic to be horrendous tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What's Ballycoolin like? Coming from the M2?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

ongarite wrote: »
    The Cloner to Ongar/Lucan road is a disaster.
    Must have been big drifts on it from the open fields.

It's only 1 lane is most places so cars are backed up trying to get through.
    The 2 councils who control the road, Fingal & Meath need to get the finger out and plow it again to open up both lanes.
    It'll be madness tomorrow morning when work/schools are back because the snow ridges are far too big to melt for many days.

https://twitter.com/lavery_p/status/970249768755712000

Took the R149 from Ongar to Clonee and back this evening. Not too bad, but yeah, still only one lane and not much traffic which made things easier.

I haven't been on the R149 that goes to Lucan though. That's the road I usually take in the mornings. I suppose it's too much to expect it to be two lanes by morning?

D15 to back of airport was all clear tonight but a bad fog is coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

January wrote: »
    What's Ballycoolin like? Coming from the M2?

It was in pretty good shape at 12 today. Was up in Rosemont for a few hours, all industrial estate roads have been cleared.
    Car parks of units may be a bit bad still depending on footfall through weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

quickbeam wrote:
    Took the R149 from Ongar to Clonee and back this evening. Not too bad, but yeah, still only one lane and not much traffic which made things easier.

Road is grand..down to one lane in some parts but considering the size of the drifts they have done well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Just travelled Clonee->Ongar on the back road.

Be careful taking that route, because it starts out fine but then small obstacles quickly lead into a one lane situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Patww79 wrote:

Take the m50 until the thaw is over would be my advice. It's a country road at the end of the day..

Advertisement