Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawdown??

• 28-02-2018 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

I consolidated two loans just easier to make one payment but I got a payment into my current account saying loan draw down and it came from the loan account..what exactly is that as I didn't apply for any extra credit? Have they made a mistake?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Is it for the same amount as the total of the two loans? Usually a new loan account for the full amount would have to be set up to consolidate two loans and then the two old loans would be cleared off from the new drawdown amount.

I would have imagine though all transactions would go through together so while there might be a credit to your account there equally should be two debits to clear the other loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Peterk88

phormium wrote: »
    Is it for the same amount as the total of the two loans? Usually a new loan account for the full amount would have to be set up to consolidate two loans and then the two old loans would be cleared off from the new drawdown amount.

I would have imagine though all transactions would go through together so while there might be a credit to your account there equally should be two debits to clear the other loans.

It was a loan consolidated into an existing one..it closed one and transferred the balance into the other existing one. So only one direct debit now aswell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Well then if they were adding one to another then they still had to do a drawdown on the one that was remaining for the amount to clear the other one so is the amount of the credit the amount of the loan being closed?

Maybe ring the bank and ask :)

Advertisement