Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have we nothing better to talk about.

• 28-02-2018 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

I know its crazy and all, snow during winter part of the year.
    But seriously, I drove to work, all on the radio is snow talk.
    I arrived, "Jeez its snowy out insist it"
    I open boards and this is the whats trending.
    NBRoPDS.png

5 posts to talk about snow???

We really do love our weather here.
    we spend more time talking about the snow than it will be here!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's snow joke.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

GLaDOS wrote: »
    It's snow joke.

These wacky puns are snow laughing matter.

So you start a thread to talk about snow threads?

So you start a thread to talk about snow threads?
    Ironic right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just talk about what you want to talk about, nobody is forcing anyone to take part in snow discussions.

Some people are fascinated by weather, some people are fascinated by snow, some people are worried about travelling, some people are worried about their employees, some people are worried about leave from work, some people are worried about school and college, some people are worried about elderly relatives and neighbours, some people are worried about urgent appointments that are scheduled for this week, etc etc, I could go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Snow way I'm getting involved in this thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

B-D-P-- wrote:
    Ironic right!

Don'tcha think?

Don'tcha think?

Its like Snow on your wedding day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Some people have little to bother them. Snow, ice and low temperatures, just like any other weather event you are unprepared for, can kill. The yahoos inhabiting the Dublinweather forum and other such places just highlight the naivety of most adults concerning the world around them. Ye had a full week to prepare for The Damp for Murmansk, over a week even, and ye are still brought crashing to a halt by a wee flurry.

A bit less time taking photos and building snowmen and more time helping your neighbours and learning how to live with wintry weather would do a lot of ye the world of good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

You know nothing Jon Snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I think its absolutely pathetic the way the whole country is falling to pieces over a snow storm. I live in Donegal and we have had three snow events in the last 3 months which have dumped between 6-10cm of snow in a very short space of time, it lasted more than 3 days and roads were very dangerous yet no schools closed, every one managed to get to work, shops didn't run out of bread and milk because of people panic buying.

Dublin gets a few CM's and the place falls to pieces and people go into panic mode, schools are closed, Bus Eireann shut down their services and the media are carrying on like its end of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Its snowing outside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I cant take snow more of this talk :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    5 posts to talk about snow???

You're just snow bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I don't know when we became a bread country instead of a potato country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saw some arsehole on the news this morning clearing the shelf of all Brennans bread into his trolley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

erica74 wrote: »
    Just talk about what you want to talk about, nobody is forcing anyone to take part in snow discussions.

Some people are fascinated by weather, some people are fascinated by snow, some people are worried about travelling, some people are worried about their employees, some people are worried about leave from work, some people are worried about school and college, some people are worried about elderly relatives and neighbours, some people are worried about urgent appointments that are scheduled for this week, etc etc, I could go on.

I worry about the number of people who are worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭looksee

lertsnim wrote: »
    Saw some arsehole on the news this morning clearing the shelf of all Brennans bread into his trolley.

Maybe he runs an emergency hostel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I worry about the number of people who are worried

I'm worried about the people who are worrying about the amount of people who are worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

looksee wrote: »
    Maybe he runs an emergency hostel?

Lots of people running emergency hostels in Ireland so if that's the excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Could somebody drop round a sliced pan, litre of milk and the Irish Times, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ya know that temporary homeless shelter that's been erected in Dublin - why can't that be left up all year round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

AllForIt wrote: »
    Ya know that temporary homeless shelter that's been erected in Dublin - why can't that be left up all year round?

Because it's temporary??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dude, too soon! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

All this talk of snow seems to bread contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭no.8

I think its absolutely pathetic the way the whole country is falling to pieces over a snow storm. I live in Donegal and we have had three snow events in the last 3 months which have dumped between 6-10cm of snow in a very short space of time, it lasted more than 3 days and roads were very dangerous yet no schools closed, every one managed to get to work, shops didn't run out of bread and milk because of people panic buying.

Dublin gets a few CM's and the place falls to pieces and people go into panic mode, schools are closed, Bus Eireann shut down their services and the media are carrying on like its end of days.

Couldn't agree more. The LUAS is shutdown for example. Why! They were happy to transport workers in this morning and once again they shut the service down in late morning, stranding those said workers. How many times has this happened?

Rail transport only typically has issues at much lower temperatures (beginning at -15C or maybe -20C). As someone else pointed out, less procrastination and more getting on with it / helping others out etc....not just spending the day on social media.
    Some people could do with a winter in the tundra.

p.s. This has nothing to do with enjoyment of snow etc.....I'm all for that (love it), but transport....especially rail. Those LUAS model trams are used in similar conditions throughout the winter in continental Europe.
    Heavy snow does cause disruption in terms of commercial air travel, on the roads etc., no matter where you are in the world. Lack of winter tyres and experience makes traveling on Irish roads particularly dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

the Canadians are laughing at us on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Yeah always wondered if it was possible to build a PC without experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Because it's temporary??

Pesky language!
    Foiled again.

Seriously though, it's a good question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

no.8 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. The LUAS is shutdown for example. Why! They were happy to transport workers in this morning and once again they shut the service down in late morning, stranding those said workers. How many times has this happened?

Rail transport only typically has issues at much lower temperatures (beginning at -15C or maybe -20C). As someone else pointed out, less procrastination and more getting on with it / helping others out etc....not just spending the day on social media.
    Some people could do with a winter in the tundra.

p.s. This has nothing to do with enjoyment of snow etc.....I'm all for that (love it), but transport....especially rail. Those LUAS model trams are used in similar conditions throughout the winter in continental Europe.
    Heavy snow does cause disruption in terms of commercial air travel, on the roads etc., no matter where you are in the world. Lack of winter tyres and experience makes traveling on Irish roads particularly dodgy.

Probably more an issue of Luas staff not being able to get to work to run the thing. Then, of course, there's the fact that Irish drivers are terrible in the snow and that will also affect the Luas.

Advertisement