Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a mistake closing Rabo account, will I get my money back?

• 28-02-2018 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

After hearing Rabo were pulling out of the Irish market, I logged into my account and followed the steps to close my account. Unfortunately, I later discovered that the AIB account I nominated to transfer my funds to doesn't allow transfers from non-AIB accounts. This was a week ago today. I'm now unable to access my Rabodirect account as technically it's closed and my digipass will have been cancelled. I've rung them, was told to wait 10 days to see if it comes back to them. Emailed and got no reply whatsoever. Will I get my money back? It's a substantial amount that I've spent 14 years saving. If it was rejected by AIB, where does it go if it can't go back to my now closed Rabo account?

Any advice on what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Just wait - it will either bounce back to Rabo or be accepted by AIB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭robo

Have you thought of maybe calling Rabobank and seeing if the money bounced back? I am sure they will be able to help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

robo wrote: »
    Have you thought of maybe calling Rabobank and seeing if the money bounced back? I am sure they will be able to help!

I rang them as soon as I realised what I'd done. They said I'd have to wait 10 working days to see "if" the money came back to them. I emailed 6 days ago cos I wanted some reassurance in writing but heard nothing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It will either go into the AIB account or bounce back to Rabo, I'm not sure what you are worried about.

Advertisement