Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practical Shotgun - Northern Ireland

• 28-02-2018 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Folks

Anyone shoot or compete in Practical Shotgun in Northern Ireland.

I'm trying to find out what needs to be done to compete. From what I read I need to complete Black Badge training but before I can do that I need to be a member of the IPSC (International Practical Shooting Confederation).

As far as I know IPSC doesn't exists down south as we do have Practical Shotgun down here.

Any information would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Kind of went underground in the Republic after the great ban in 2008.
    Everyone goes up to NI nowadays,but like yourself ,I'd be interested in knowing,as when it ended here.There was a to do as to whose remit the ROI then fell under post ban in the ROI?NI or the UK, as the ROI was a seperate entity.Sure somebody more in the know will be along shortly.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Isn't anything "practical" banned here by legislation? Might explain why nobody is putting their name to it? What does NASRPC shotgun come under?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Entries are closed for the upcoming competition in NI.
    Sold out really quickly.
    Seemingly teams from Poland, Russia, UK and the USA as well as all the locals.

There is a thread about it here somewhere a few pages back.

Edit. There you go....

http://www.practical-shotgun.com/ni2018

A blast from the past!!:D..When practical shotgun was "Combat shotgun" in the 1980s,I still have my Combat shotgun society patch, and when the sport could have been easily introduced in the ROI and no one in power would have given two hoots about it either.:(

http://www.practical-shotgun.com/practical-shotgun-retrospective-1982

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭SVI40

Ireland is still a member of IPSC, and is still a region. Those who shoot it and train must do so outside the jurisdiction of the state, generally Northern Ireland. To compete in a Level 2 match or above, there are 5 levels of match, you must be a member in good standing in your region.

• Advertisement

So, where do we sign on to register as ROI IPSC participants and then the procedure for joining and training in a NI Club?

PM sent Grizzly 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

SVI40 wrote: »
    PM sent Grizzly 45

Could you also PM me details please. Thanks a million

SVI40 wrote: »
    PM sent Grizzly 45

Didn't get your PM???:confused:

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Didn't get your PM???:confused:

Resent. Is your mail box full?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Looks like great fun, pity we cannot do it in the republic.

It is great fun. We have Minister Ahern to thank for banning it back in 2009.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Political stuff split off into this thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement