Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 Changing SAAB

Options
  • 28-02-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Unable to solve the problem of a battery low call referring to the SAAB I appear to be left with little choice but to get a NEW SAAB.

What have I done:

1) Responded to LOW battery call...replaced all six with NEW batteries.
    Did not resolve

2) Took battery pack from my other SAAB which is working as it should and inserted it in the problem SAAB... Did not resolve

Am I now left with the only real option of getting a new SAAB and are there any implications other than remove existing SAAB through Engineer Mode and get the system then to find the replacement SAAB? The continuous verbal call to replace batteries is most frustrating. For instance would the existing software currently running in the Control Panel be compatible with the programming in a NEW SAAB....any other advice on potential issues greatly appreciated. One last thing can SAABs be purchased separately?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it definitely telling you that it's the SAB battery.
    The panel battery alert on that panel needs to be reset from the engineer manual.
    You can get SABs on their own.
    Have you tried deleting the SAB and then re enroll it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Hi KoolKid...Thank you...

Yes telling me the SAAB.

I removed it yesterday through the remove RF choices in Engineer and as you said re enrolled it again but the annoying verbal's from the panel persist. I have replaced the Control Panel Pack about 2 months ago and yes I did reset the panel through the replace battery option. It's a strange one I thought perhaps it wasn't the SAAB but the fault reporting indicates SAAB battery low. All the batteries are brand new Duracell and indicating 3.3 volt charge on a multi-meter per battery. When I installed the Quantum it was software v3 is that OK with a NEW SAAB if I go ahead and replace? Thanks again.

Advertisement