Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Fastlane 2018 *Spoilers*

• 28-02-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Fastlane18.png

Confirmed Matches:

AJ Styles (c) v Dolph Ziggler v Kevin Owens v John Cena v Sami Zayn v Baron Corbin for WWE Championship

Bobby Roode (c) v Randy Orton for US Championship

Charlotte (c) v Ruby Riott for Women's Championship

The Usos (c) v The New Day for Tag Championship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was expecting Cena to maybe have a chance to win the title but lights go out and Gong. Taker doesnt appear and Cena is rolled up by Styles

but with the latest rumours i dont think that will happen and
    Rey Mysterio
    is not a heel/antihero and not cost someone the title ???

is the title match an elimination match ?? rest of the card is meh and pure Nakamura has nothing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was expecting Cena to maybe have a chance to win the title but lights go out and Gong. Taker doesnt appear and Cena is rolled up by Styles

but with the latest rumours i dont think that will happen and
    Rey Mysterio
    is not a heel/antihero and not cost someone the title ???

is the title match an elimination match ?? rest of the card is meh and pure Nakamura has nothing to do

He can still lose at Fastlane without anyone costing him, come out on the next Raw/SD and say for sure he has no road to Mania and then he can get interrupted by Taker or that new rumour either

Overall though nothing interests me on the card whatsoever, not even worth a fast forward watch imo

Have a weird feeling were not getting a Styles win on Sunday and in fact it will be Cena who wins the title and at mania we wont get our dream 1 on 1 match but a triple threat for the title Cena vs Styles vs Nakamura but
    Cenas schudule up to Mania doesnt mention him being on any SD events and might be a bit odd the WWE champion been on Raw and not SD ???

can see KO vs Zayn and maybe Corbin vs Ziggler coming from this 6 pack challenge match going into mania ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i was thinking they might do a title switch to try get fans off the scent of a taker/cena match

sky88 wrote: »
    i was thinking they might do a title switch to try get fans off the scent of a taker/cena match

A nice touch would be cena is about to do a finisher on someone for the win and the lights go out bong bong but nobody appears and then someone rolls cena up for the win but thats logic wwe wont do if they are going with Cena vs Taker

Meltzer is 95% sure the match is happening but he has been wrong a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

A nice touch would be cena is about to do a finisher on someone for the win and the lights go out bong bong but nobody appears and then someone rolls cena up for the win but thats logic wwe wont do if they are going with Cena vs Taker

Meltzer is 95% sure the match is happening but he has been wrong a few times
    gong-518x350.jpg

It's a bit cheap for Taker to cost Cena the title because why?

I think more likely is he will lose at Fastlane, have nothing for Wrestlemania, and revisit the Undertaker scenario again. Use his mic skills to try and draw Taker out. It could go on for weeks, building anticipation until Undertaker finally shows.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    gong-518x350.jpg

It's a bit cheap for Taker to cost Cena the title because why?

I think more likely is he will lose at Fastlane, have nothing for Wrestlemania, and revisit the Undertaker scenario again. Use his mic skills to try and draw Taker out. It could go on for weeks, building anticipation until Undertaker finally shows.

Taker could feel disrespected in some way by Cena and feels the challenge was a bit cheeky

doesn't have to make sense sure Taker Siad SD was his yard and then never appeared on the show after that and then that Raw 25 promo

just have to wait and see. The rest of the fastlane card is meh. The Orton vs Roode match has potential but we knw Jinder will end up interfering

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

maybe Corbin vs Ziggler coming from this 6 pack challenge match going into mania ???

There is 0% chance of that match making the show, to the Andre The Giant Battle Royal for them both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Don't forget this starts at 12am (pre-show 11pm) as a result of the clocks going forward in the US this weekend

Same goes for all WWE programming until we put ours forward on the 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's poor when one of the only plusses of the card is the fact it ends an hour earlier than normal

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    Don't forget this starts at 12am (pre-show 11pm) as a result of the clocks going forward in the US this weekend

Same goes for all WWE programming until we put ours forward on the 25th

thank **** that means a 3am finish and 2am for SD Tuesdays

I really think aj loses tonight but its a bait and switch and hell get it back before mania

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I really think aj loses tonight but its a bait and switch and hell get it back before mania

Stop that, stop that right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It is something they'd do. He'll still "look strong" since it's a six man match and the odds are hugely stacked against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

WWE Championship Six-Pack Challenge
    AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler

Bring. Back. The. Tag. Version.

US Championship
    Bobby Roode (c) vs. Randy Orton

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship

The Usos (c) vs. The New Day

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
    Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ruby Riott

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev (with Aiden English)

Becky Lynch and Naomi vs. Natalya and Carmella

Unless she's cashing in. ;)

WWE Championship Six-Pack Challenge
    John Cena

US Championship
    Bobby Roode

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
    The Usos

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
    Charlotte Flair

Shinsuke Nakamura

Becky Lynch and Naomi

Not even bothered staying up to watch this tonight..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not even bothered staying up to watch this tonight..

handy it's on at 12 Instead of 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Usos vs New Day should be great but we've seen it before.

No interest in the clusterfúck main event. Styles pins Ziggles or Corbin.

That women's tag match barely belongs on Smackdown.

Shíte looking PPV.

handy it's on at 12 Instead of 1am

Could be on at 11 and I still wouldn't be bothered, think it's more indicative of WWE Creative, they've had how many weeks to drum up interest for the PPV. It's just a glorified episode of Smackdown Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

At least this will be the last ever brand exclusive PPV.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Could be on at 11 and I still wouldn't be bothered, think it's more indicative of WWE Creative, they've had how many weeks to drum up interest for the PPV. It's just a glorified episode of Smackdown Live.

Smackdown creative more than wwe as raw has been quite good the last while

I think this sums tonight up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I can't believe that seeing Ziggler in a title match used to excite me.....he needs to go away now.

Unfortunately he was just never utilised properly

did Rusev slim down a bit ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Nakamura should be steamrolling over someone tonight if there's to be any sort of credibility to him winning at Mania

That was a great match to start off

Again just shows how wasted rusev is at the minute

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That was a great match to start off

Again just shows how wasted rusev is at the minute

Great match but the outcome was so obvious.

And as for the match now I can’t remember the last time Orton didn’t bore me in a one on one match.

Loughc wrote: »
    Great match but the outcome was so obvious.

And as for the match now I can’t remember the last time Orton didn’t bore me in a one on one match.

Yep orton is just the most meh wrestler. There was a brief upturn when he teamed the wyatts but that went downhill very drastically

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christ Orton as US champion. Boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

We need a Boreton Wins Lol gif; the man hasn't given a flying **** in a very long time.

Advertisement