Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigmentation

Options
  • 28-02-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Any recommendations on best thing for sun damage on the face? My skin is clear but it does have sun spots/ freckles as well as red/blotchy pigmentation typical of Celtic skin tones. Would ideally like to even this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Glycolic acids (AHA’s) and Retinol or vitamin c serums and a high SPF daily even in this weather. ‘The ordinary’ products are an effective and affordable range and you can contact them with your skin concerns and they will advise a regime for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I found the only thing that totally got rid of sun spots/pigmentation was an IPL treatment - hurts like a b***h but it's worth it for the effect. If you're going to do it though, pick a time where you won't be going anywhere for a couple of days, the laser treats the patches and the first time you do it, the patches can look like bruises. It plumps up the skin as well so there's an added benefit.

I still get some spots no matter how high my sunscreen is (usually factor 50 in the sun) so I do an IPL treatment once a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Sounds great Hennybug, mind me asking how much one session roughly costs please?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Thanks Hennybug. This was the sort of thing I was wondering about. Are you based in Dublin or would you have a rec for someone in Dublin who does these?

Advertisement