Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola (Lenovo) warranty sham

Options
  • 28-02-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

So my relatively new (6 month) Moto Z would not connect to Wifi, bluetooth would not turn on and suffered increased battery drain coincidentally since I got an OTA security update, it appears many other users have the same/similar issue. So I got on to support and did what they asked and I was told I would need to send it in to Fonfix for repair which could take up to 7 days. Fonfix couldn't fix it as they didn't have parts so I would need to send it off to the UK to be serviced which could take up to 3 weeks. Now after 5 and a half weeks they still do not have the parts and can't tell me when I will get my phone back. I have had to buy a budget replacement in the interim. Motorola have offered me a refurbished phone, same model but a different colour which I declined. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to me (not necessarily Motorola) and what if any options are available? I mean how long do companies think is a reasonably acceptable time frame for a warranty repair? I bought the phone through Amazon.de so could that be an option to explore or will it just be another rabbit hole?
    Thanks for reading, Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I had problems with a Moto G that I ordered from amazon.de (battery, screen freezing etc)
    Contacted them and they sent me a return label and reimbursed me. I just ordered a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

I had problems with a Moto G that I ordered from amazon.de (battery, screen freezing etc)
    Contacted them and they sent me a return label and reimbursed me. I just ordered a new one

Thanks for your response Cheshire Cat. My phone is currently with Motorola (indefinitely) and if I do contact Amazon,
    they ask if I have contacted the manufacturer and what was the outcome. If I tell them it is still with the manufacturer do
    you think this will have an impact on getting anything done by Amazon?

Dave.

So I went ahead and contacted Amazon and soon after they issued me with a return label. Honestly, if this works out it will have saved me so much hassle having to deal with Motorola who just don't care once you've bought there products. I mean what a complete joke of a warranty system but I'm sure many other companies are just as bad. It really is worth buying from a retailer with a good customer service record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Hope you have your phone back from Lenovo/Motorola soon. I never contacted them but went straight to amazon because I know that their customer service is great.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You should always start with the retailer - as that is where your contract of purchase sits. Retailers like Amazon have a great reputation for dealing with issues.

Glad you seem to have this sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yeah motorola / Lenovo customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I had a simple problem with my G5s Plus.

After opening the brand new phone and plugging it into charge i noticed the charger wasnt doing anything. Tried and alternative Amazon fast charger i had for other devices and it worked perfectly, so problem with the charger.

Got onto motorola customer team, went through the usual barrage of questions, 30 mins on the phone to be told oh we dont have spare uk chargers and will be unable to get you one.

Went straight back to amazon who gave me £15 to pick and order a charger of my choice online. Just bought another amazon fast charger as they work really well.

I should let you know, I contacted Amazon at first and they told me to talk to Motorola Customer Care and to come back to them if i wasnt satisfied with their response.

dudara wrote: »
    You should always start with the retailer - as that is where your contract of purchase sits. Retailers like Amazon have a great reputation for dealing with issues.

Glad you seem to have this sorted.

Thanks for your reply and yeh I should have done that, their customer support is terrrible. Instead of looking to return the product straight away (and at this point
    I didn't know how bad their after sales was) I got onto them looking to troubleshoot the issue as it appeared around the same time as a security update
    so I thought it might just be a software issue. Then they suggested sending it in for warranty repair, thats how I arrived at this point. But lesson learned,
    Amazon is king.

Thanks for listening!!

Advertisement