Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't mean to be transphobic but..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Omackeral wrote: »
    Sadly it’s not. Plenty of racists still out there, some overtly so.
    It's often an issue for all of the races.

Muhammad Ali was famuosly opposed to it in his day.

The irony of him being the product of generational inter racial breeding didn't seem to reasonate with him until his later years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just keyboard transphobic hate

What’s your take on the adult individual presenting themselves as a 6 year old girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Where does exercising your right to free speech end? I don't really believe in God, for example. Should I have the right to stand up at mass on a Sunday and tell the priest I think he's talking nonsense? Arguably, I should have that right, but should I exercise it?

You should probably consider the inconvenience it would cause other church goers by interrupting the service. That's consideration, not censorship.

Just keyboard transphobic hate

Not transphobic. I don't hate, fear or dislike people who identify as trans.

I'd treat them the same as any other man or woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Exactly! It's making a mockery of trans issues. Aligning it to fetishism. I stand to be corrected of course.
    Those who enable it are worse. This 50 year old 6 yr old girl also has what he calls 'parents', and they go along with the charade. It's not ethical to enable such psychological issues.

Like you say it makes a complete mockery out of legit transgender people. Just like trans racial and trans species does.

Like you say it makes a complete mockery out of legit transgender people. Just like trans racial and trans species does.

There's one race. The human race. The quantity of melanin in the skin is insignificant compared to the difference between the genders.

Remember all those white supremacists who found out they had negro blood?

Any human beings with a functional reproductive system can interbreed .. white, black, asian. The only requirement is that one's genetically male and one's genetically female

Trans-species, well, that's just silly.

And trans age.. give me a break. Current date less birth date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Tenigate wrote: »
    You should probably consider the inconvenience it would cause other church goers by interrupting the service. That's consideration, not censorship.

Yeah, an inconvenient Truth, more like!

So consideration is good then, is it? As long as you're not considering their feelings, obviously.

Maybe I could stand outside the church instead, ready to greet the congregation with a big sign, telling them how stupid I think they are for believing in something that I don't believe in. I could jeer them as they pass too, because free speech. Alternatively, I could censor myself and not do any of that because it wouldn't be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That’s not censoring yourself. There’s a big difference between the two scenarios. One is specifically going out of your way to antagonize a group of people who believe in something and the other is stopping yourself speaking normally in everyday parlance for fear of upsetting or offending someone.

Yeah, an inconvenient Truth, more like!

So consideration is good then, is it? As long as you're not considering their feelings, obviously.

Maybe I could stand outside the church instead, ready to greet the congregation with a big sign, telling them how stupid I think they are for believing in something that I don't believe in. I could jeer them as they pass too, because free speech. Alternatively, I could censor myself and not do any of that because it wouldn't be nice.

If your aim is to promote free speech, maybe it's a good idea.

If you genuinely want to get your point across that's another good reason.

In both cases, true you may consider the feelings of others, as well as the consequences for you.

Otherwise i can't see the point. It's not censorship. You just have no reason to behave like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Omackeral wrote: »
    That’s not censoring yourself. There’s a big difference between the two scenarios. One is specifically going out of your way to antagonize a group of people who believe in something and the other is stopping yourself speaking normally in everyday parlance for fear of upsetting or offending someone.

Eggsfeckinsacly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Thread locked for a mod review. Give us a little time to discuss this. If there is no update by noon today pm me personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-This thread will be remaining closed. This thread will only lead to bad places and bans for people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement