Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atrocious service

Options
  • 28-02-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to get my phone and internet installed in my home for too long now.

We were waiting months for eir to install the necessary lines on our street (new home)

This was finished last friday and the report was sent on then, i rang on Monday, after being transferred around to 4 different departments. I finally got to speak with someone who could actually progress in my query. She said she could see the report and said something like that she moved my install from "Waiting" to "active" and that someone would contact me by wednesday with an install date. Why it would take 2 days to do something so simple is beyond me, but no other choice given, tough luck.

It's Wednesday, still no word (as predicted/expected), i ring Eir, after waiting ages i finally get through to yet another very unhelpful Eir agent (he was a scouse if that helps you identify, the agents dont give names unless you ask) anyway, barely listened to what i said and he blind transferred me through to KN. Lady in KN couldnt help me, said i need to sort the issue with Eir, they dont make install appointments with customers, Eir need to do it. So she had to transfer me back to Eir. I'm now on the call 40mins, still on hold listening to the same song on repeat.

Can someone look into this issue and actually "Help" me here? 

Can someone also explain why your "Customer service" is an absolute joke? Seems all they can do is transfer you randomly around the company or to other companies? Nobody ever seems to know what the feck they're doing..

I actually typed this all up on hold to Eir and the call length is now 40mins, I'm going to hang up now as its just a disgrace trying to get through to someone to help. Please review this and ring me with an update ASAP.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

nix wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm trying to get my phone and internet installed in my home for too long now.

We were waiting months for eir to install the necessary lines on our street (new home)

This was finished last friday and the report was sent on then, i rang on Monday, after being transferred around to 4 different departments. I finally got to speak with someone who could actually progress in my query. She said she could see the report and said something like that she moved my install from "Waiting" to "active" and that someone would contact me by wednesday with an install date. Why it would take 2 days to do something so simple is beyond me, but no other choice given, tough luck.

It's Wednesday, still no word (as predicted/expected), i ring Eir, after waiting ages i finally get through to yet another very unhelpful Eir agent (he was a scouse if that helps you identify, the agents dont give names unless you ask) anyway, barely listened to what i said and he blind transferred me through to KN. Lady in KN couldnt help me, said i need to sort the issue with Eir, they dont make install appointments with customers, Eir need to do it. So she had to transfer me back to Eir. I'm now on the call 40mins, still on hold listening to the same song on repeat.

Can someone look into this issue and actually "Help" me here? 

Can someone also explain why your "Customer service" is an absolute joke? Seems all they can do is transfer you randomly around the company or to other companies? Nobody ever seems to know what the feck they're doing..

I actually typed this all up on hold to Eir and the call length is now 40mins, I'm going to hang up now as its just a disgrace trying to get through to someone to help. Please review this and ring me with an update ASAP.

Thanks
    Hi nix,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been having.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Thanks,

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 51,986 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Eir are a waste of time.
    Their broadband in the Dundalk area is completely slow and useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Eir are a waste of time.
    Their broadband in the Dundalk area is completely slow and useless.
    Hi tayto lover,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

There is support online for troubleshooting if you click on this link alternatively you can contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

lol what an absolute joke, i wait almost a week for Thomas to PM/Call me and he just says: 

"Unfortunately, we cannot call you or arrange to have you called through this channel.

In order to have this resolved, I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901."

What is the purpose of this forum? To take days only to tell people to call 1901? Are you lot for real?

Is there anybody in this company that has an actual job to do? other than passing the buck?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

nix wrote: »
    lol what an absolute joke, i wait almost a week for Thomas to PM/Call me and he just says: 

"Unfortunately, we cannot call you or arrange to have you called through this channel.

In order to have this resolved, I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901."

What is the purpose of this forum? To take days only to tell people to call 1901? Are you lot for real?

Is there anybody in this company that has an actual job to do? other than passing the buck?
    I have replied to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

I hope they were able to get you sorted, Nix.  But if not, I wondered if the root of it could be a ‘Computer says no’ thing; new build - no eircode yet; no eircode - no installation.  (Probably compounded by compartmentalised offices obstructing overviews).

If so, it won’t exactly make your day I’m afraid, but it’s something I happened to notice recently in a couple of other topics;
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057835453
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057841900/1#post106161052 .

(I don’t have the problem - just noticed it re my hobby-horse re databases - invented to give a picture of real life, not to make people jump through hoops to fit into them.  Rant over!).

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

As frogmatic says. Sometimes it's just easier to cancel and start again.
    The people on the phone don't know what your talking about they never saw your site
    Comes out for service not available new development 
    They just see service not available and sometimes just can't see that service not available is not permanent.
    At least with a new order this will no longer be on the file and one less thing to get snagged with 

Advertisement