Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological males in women's sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

To me it's quite simple. You are only truly male if you are born male and only truly female if you were born female. If you transition then you are a new category. 'A man who used to be a woman' or a 'woman who used to be a man'. I can call you he or she if you want but you are in one of those 4 categories as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

As regards sport if women's sport is to have any meaning it must be for biological females from birth only. Sorry to any men who have transitioned but they can't destroy women's sport as we know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/46453958

The vile disgusting joke BBC getting behind the men cheating by competing against women.

Nice the way BBC quotes the word threat - yeah stay classy there BBC, stay classy.

Interesting the BBC don't have a comment here on how there are MEN in MMA beating the **** out of women - yay !!! PROGRESSIVE!!!!

According to that article, people expressing concerns about males competing against females in sports is "hate messages". Nope, not biased at all.

Also they talk about the "fundamental right" to compete against women. Since when is that a human right? Such a sense of entitlement. What about women's right to a fair competition, the very basis of why women have their own events in the first place, does that not figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

why dont we just let everyone compete together?

I agree. We should start by integrating boxing straight away.

I'd support circumventing the rules and putting the best womens football team in to the premier league. Think of the fun to be had . Might have to put a rule in like for international qualifiers where the goal difference gained against the minnow that finishes bottom don't count.

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Because there are lots of men who are relishing women being "put back in their place" , especially if the women are the "man hating feminazi" kind who they are so fond of ranting about

And I wonder if this sometimes plays a part in self-declared women who want biological women to capitulate to what they dictate regarding what constitutes a woman - or a female athlete - and frame the realities around themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The vile disgusting joke BBC getting behind the men cheating by competing against women.

Nice the way BBC quotes the word threat - yeah stay classy there BBC, stay classy.

Interesting the BBC don't have a comment here on how there are MEN in MMA beating the **** out of women - yay !!! PROGRESSIVE!!!!

That piece tried to be somewhat balanced but didn’t give the full picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Cordell

I think I have a better solution, if not already presented: do away with any segregation in sports. No male and female, just teams and individuals. Equal opportunities and all that.

I agree. We should start by integrating boxing straight away.

I'd support circumventing the rules and putting the best womens football team in to the premier league. Think of the fun to be had . Might have to put a rule in like for international qualifiers where the goal difference gained against the minnow that finishes bottom don't count.

Boxing is somewhat protected by weight categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So much * anger

*Faux

In fairness Fallon Fox broke the skull of his female opponent and there was much more injuries than that.

Faux outrage or not it was near criminal to have him fight in a Woman's competition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Danzy wrote: »
    In fairness Fallon Fox broke the skull of his female opponent and there was much more injuries than that.

Faux outrage or not it was near criminal to have him fight in a Woman's competition.

I was only taking the pi$$ !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Feel free to bet on the woman in the first lightweight fight so :)

Not really. Only when all competitors are the same sex. I would be a featherweight, I just looked up some pics, I wouldnt stand a chance against a male in the same category even if I was at my peak physically. Build wise we would be totally different.

Cordell wrote: »
    I think I have a better solution, if not already presented: do away with any segregation in sports. No male and female, just teams and individuals. Equal opportunities and all that.

Which in reality means most sports at most levels would be Male only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Cordell

Wrong. Some will identify as women.

Maybe bantsm weight men could fight heavy weight women

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I remember people trying to insist Jenner was a woman who beat the men back in the day.

Now it just seems reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Also another thing in that article ...

She claims she has received more than 100,000 hate messages (id love to know her definition of "hate" here)

Yet the messages of support outweigh them by 3,000-1 ??

So she has received 300 million messages of support.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhttttt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

This is cock, pardon the pun

• Advertisement

Also another thing in that article ...

She claims she has received more than 100,000 hate messages (id love to know her definition of "hate" here)

Yet the messages of support outweigh them by 3,000-1 ??

So she has received 300 million messages of support.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggghhhhttttt

No the opposite.

Despite the hate messages, which McKinnon says outweigh positive ones by 3,000-1

If Roger Federer were to transition, he could win another 10-15 grand slams.
    Would these loonies accept that ?

They probably would, and they would also argue that he was a woman all the time, so in fact no man has won 20 male grand slam events but a woman has ... you see , women are better then men at sports - checkmate BIGOTS!

No the opposite.

Despite the hate messages, which McKinnon says outweigh positive ones by 3,000-1

Oh jesus!! how could I miss that !!

embarrassed now ... I guess it's the transphobic bigot in me ... :o

Oh jesus!! how could I miss that !!

embarrassed now ... I guess it's the transphobic bigot in me ... :o

She actually got 33 pro messages. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If Roger Federer were to transition, he could win another 10-15 grand slams.
    Would these loonies accept that ?

They probably would, and they would also argue that he was a woman all the time, so in fact no man has won 20 male grand slam events but a woman has ... you see , women are better then men at sports - checkmate BIGOTS!

Yep :pac:

How many upset now were demanding that it be recognised it was Kate Jenner that won the mens events.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Oh mate you're way off there. A 65kg man boxing a 65kg woman is an entirely different proposition, composition, bone structure, reflexes, punching power - everything is at a massive disparity. Look at Fallon Fox in MMA, absolutely flatlining and ragdolling women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

I think being “transphobic” is the right way to be as it may curtail this insanity.

I think being “transphobic” is the right way to be as it may curtail this insanity.

It's too late now in some countries, it's written into legislation. That's how a guy in Canada who identifies as a woman can make a career of suing and extorting women who won't wax his balls, and gets free legal representation, unlike his targets. That's how a court in the US awarded damages to a male who was rejected from a women's American football team. It's a gift for men who hate women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

I have a very simple way for sports bodies to determine whether a person born a male should compete as a female.

If he can incubate and then shoot a baby out his cock, let him compete as female. The fact he can bear and have children would suggest he's somewhat female, and having passed the child and exploded his cock, he would now have female parts.

Its pretty obvious really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

randd1 wrote: »
    I have a very simple way for sports bodies to determine whether a person born a male should compete as a female.

If he can incubate and then shoot a baby out his cock, let him compete as female. The fact he can bear and have children would suggest he's somewhat female, and having passed the child and exploded his cock, he would now have female parts.

Its pretty obvious really.

Hahah :D it's got potential, especially the exploding cock part, but some biological women cannot gestate babies ,so it's not conclusive.

Advertisement