Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biological males in women's sport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Zorya wrote: »
    Hahah :D it's got potential, especially the exploding cock part, but some biological women cannot gestate babies ,so it's not conclusive.

There's always a flaw in great plans, isn't there?

I know. Just let the men compete as women, they don't even have to do any tests, just state they're women on a form.

Then when no real women get picked for the teams involved, the feminists will go ape****, claim misogyny is destroying women's sports and start insisting on surgery to remove certain appendages in order to compete as females.

Feminists, many of them nuts, will drive this agenda on until it actually comes to pass. Fair play to them, they're nothing if not determined.

And with this new threat of permanent surgery, those men that do compete as women will either give up the sport to save their hurl and two sliothars, or actually go through with the surgery and thus earn their place in team due to the utter commitment they've shown to the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

randd1 wrote: »
    There's always a flaw in great plans, isn't there?

I know. Just let the men compete as women, they don't even have to do any tests, just state they're women on a form.

Then when no real women get picked for the teams involved, the feminists will go ape****, claim misogyny is destroying women's sports and start insisting on surgery to remove certain appendages in order to compete as females.

Feminists, many of them nuts, will drive this agenda on until it actually comes to pass. Fair play to them, they're nothing if not determined.

And with this new threat of permanent surgery, those men that do compete as women will either give up the sport to save their hurl and two sliothars, or actually go through with the surgery and thus earn their place in team due to the utter commitment they've shown to the cause.

There’s just a lot of spew there about evil feminists. I’m far from being politically correct but feminists are not the problem. Not all of them anyway, many have been blindsided by this ideology. Hence the term TERFs, for trans exclusionary radical feminists.

Plenty of the political mainstream were in favour of self identification in Ireland for instance, when the bill came before the oireachtas.

And self identification means that the sporting issue will obviously crop up.

(So the agenda has already passed).

I started looking into this a while back. Why does Ireland have so liberal laws on this?

What I found was (and I can’t find the link now) is that Ireland was late to gender recognition at all, and was criticised by the UN, EU etc. If I recall correctly.

So the first draft of the bill to allow some limited gender recognition case in late enough (2015) by European standards and was fairly conservative - in that it exempted sports etc.

However self identification was becoming a thing amongst activists and at committee stage and debate and readings of the bill in the dail and senate there was push back against anything but pure self identification (self determination they sometimes called it) those provisions were removed.

Mostly Sinn Fein deputies if I recall, but fairly universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I think being “transphobic” is the right way to be as it may curtail this insanity.

As Jordan Peterson was saying, the lawsuits that will come down the line in 10/15 years should put an end to it.
    Lawsuits from young adults with ruined genitals cos their sick parents thought it would be a good idea to get them transitioning at 4/5 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

As Jordan Peterson was saying, the lawsuits that will come down the line in 10/15 years should put an end to it.
    Lawsuits from young adults with ruined genitals cos their sick parents thought it would be a good idea to get them transitioning at 4/5 years of age.

Jordan Peterson is a toxic hack.

But yes, there's been a big backlash against transgenderism in young people (and even in old people sometimes). The bravest thing of all is for people to come out stating they were wrong about major life decisions over a really long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Hopefully compensation/cost of putting things back the way they were isn't burdened on the taxpayer.

Jordan Peterson is a toxic hack.

But yes, there's been a big backlash against transgenderism in young people (and even in old people sometimes). The bravest thing of all is for people to come out stating they were wrong about major life decisions over a really long time.

I want to thank your post for the 2nd part.
    But Jordan Peterson is one of the most sensible people I have discovered in the last year.
    Always a rock of sense in his lectures/talks.
    One thing I wouldn't agree with him on is his view on religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It will be interesting to see if more trans fighters come through, could a Doctor in good conscience approve a fighter to go up against a same weight transfighter, knowing that career ending or life threatening injuries are significantly more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Have a trans sports category, that will soon stop all this absolute rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

That was a programme on channel 4, wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Danzy wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if more trans fighters come through, could a Doctor in good conscience approve a fighter to go up against a same weight transfighter, knowing that career ending or life threatening injuries are significantly more likely.

Google Fallon Fox. A trans MMA fighter competing in the women's division and predictably knocking some of them out. Ridiculous carry on.

Either have their own sub-category or outlaw it.

Again, on the legal situation. At the moment some countries have self identification, including Ireland. Legally then, a trans woman is a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

East Germany truly was an enlightened nation as they had trans competitors in women's sport years before it was a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Google Fallon Fox. A trans MMA fighter competing in the women's division and predictably knocking some of them out. Ridiculous carry on.

Either have their own sub-category or outlaw it.

You got in there before me, this is scary stuff as evidenced by the significant damage inflicted on Taika Bents. Fighting is obviously a dangerous endeavor but it is entirely irresponsible for governing bodies to allow such a life threatening mismatch and for there to be some justification for this as progressive is lunacy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The female fighters in MMA should refuse to fight any of these trans fighters to me that's basically a guy beating the crap out of a woman. Same goes for most sports.

Again, on the legal situation. At the moment some countries have self identification, including Ireland. Legally then, a trans woman is a woman.

So if they beat an opponent to death, it is just an accident then.

Legally yes but who'll buy it, some of the people who organised it will not be cold enough to wipe that guilt from their conscience.

The female fighters in MMA should refuse to fight any of these trans fighters to me that's basically a guy beating the crap out of a woman. Same goes for most sports.

Fallon Fox went from poor amateur status in the males to cutting swathe through female professionals, as an old fighter.

He was wound down after that fight.

It should, but they would complain as they really really are "real" women you know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It should, but they would complain as they really really are "real" women you know!!!

Don't think a Trans Category is going to work as I wouldn't want to be a F -> M competing against a M -> F....would you?

Its the same problem that exists right now, just with different labels and just moves the problem "over there".

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

GreeBo wrote: »
    Don't think a Trans Category is going to work as I wouldn't want to be a F -> M competing against a M -> F....would you?

Its the same problem that exists right now, just with different labels and just moves the problem "over there".

Maybe we could have two trans leagues like we already have for non-trans men & woman.

PS this PC world is such BS

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

XX & XY leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,399 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sure don't they have various different categories in the Paralympics?

Why can't they have different trans categories too, like M>F and F>M? Cut out any ambiguity

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sure don't they have various different categories in the Paralympics?

Why can't they have different trans categories too, like M>F and F>M? Cut out any ambiguity

Because that would be distinguishing between M -> F and cis-females.

Now some will tell you that biology is already doing that, but they are are probably transphobic something or others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If he can incubate and then shoot a baby out his cock, let him compete as female. The fact he can bear and have children would suggest he's somewhat female, and having passed the child and exploded his cock, he would now have female parts.

What he would have is more akin to a burst gun barrel or the Predator's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

kowloon wrote: »
    What he would have is more akin to a burst gun barrel or the Predator's mouth.

True, but it'd be a hole nonetheless and closer in practical terms to a woman than a man.

BTW, the Predators mouth, I laughed good and proper when I read that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

The transfemale sportsperson runs a higher health risk (of death) if they ever need a blood transfusion and if they do not inform medical authorities that they are biological males at the cellular/DNA level. Bit awkward for the 'transwomen are women' mantra.
    Better not hurt themselves so, when they are lashing the hell out of the other women in the arena.

Blood donated from women who have been previously pregnant has a higher risk of adversely affecting males.

Same applies backwards. If they are transmen now but have been pregnant before, their donated blood could damage males.

Biology is an awkward fecker.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20171018/Blood-transfusions-should-be-gender-matched-between-donor-and-recipient.aspx

https://www.mdedge.com/hematologynews/article/150262/transfusion-medicine/measures-needed-identify-past-pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

True, but it'd be a hole nonetheless and closer in practical terms to a woman than a man.

BTW, the Predators mouth, I laughed good and proper when I read that one.

A vagina isnt just a "hole" to put a penis in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Zorya wrote: »
    Earlier this December was Hannah Mouncey's debut with the Australia women's national handball team at the 2018 Asian Women's Handball Championship.

The pictures were really something to behold. How anyone can stand over this and applaud is beyond me. Are they going to wait until someone on an opposite team is seriously damaged by a transwoman?

(Sorry if the images turn out ginormous, I don't know how to make them smaller).

large-336769-47352525-10156091667551158-4531102695263567872-n.jpg

That looks like a front row forward from a mens team.
    I have a very simple way for sports bodies to determine whether a person born a male should compete as a female.

If he can incubate and then shoot a baby out his cock, let him compete as female. The fact he can bear and have children would suggest he's somewhat female, and having passed the child and exploded his cock, he would now have female parts.

Its pretty obvious really.

Nah much quicker and on the spot solution.
    Also probably more enjoyable for spectators. (ala Homer Simpson movie award)

Give aforementioned competitor a swift kick in crotch, if they double up in pain then sorry lad you aint competing with the girls.
    Off with ya now.

Talk about unfair advantages. This is will make women's sport a joke.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

A powerlifting league in the US has come out and said that trans women are not eligible to compete in the women's league. I think it's also saying that trans men who are taking testosterone are also ineligible for competition against women?

It's about time something like this happened, especially in a sport like weightlifting where the advantages couldn't be more obvious. Look at Laurel Hubbard, the NZ weightlifter who is now competing against women and taking spots in international tournaments.

USA Powerlifting has announced they have banned transgender women from competing as women in competitions.

The organization released a statement earlier this week, stating that “not all powerlifters are eligible to compete in USA Powerlifting.”

“USA Powerlifting is an inclusive organization for all athletes and members who comply with its rules, policies, procedures, and bylaws. USA Powerlifting is not a fit for every athlete and for every medical condition or situation,” the statement read.

The statement continues to state that the organization follows the policies of the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF), which allegedly enables transgender women to participate from competing in women competitions. It explains that the use of “testosterone or other androgens, commonly used to assist in transition from female to male,” is not allowed.

“By virtue of the anabolic nature of these compounds, they are not allowed, nor is a Therapeutic Use Exemption granted for such use for anyone,” the statement continued to read. “This applies to any and all medical conditions which might be treated through use of androgens.”

The organization also stated that transgender women cannot participate because of “potential advantage in strength sports” due to hormones.

“Through analysis the impact of maturation in the presence naturally occurring androgens as the level necessary for male development, significant advantages are had, including but not limited to increased body and muscle mass, bone density, bone structure, and connective tissue,’ the statement read. “These advantages are not eliminated by reduction of serum androgens such as testosterone yielding a potential advantage in strength sports such as powerlifting.”

https://www.newsweek.com/usa-powerlifting-ban-transgender-women-competing-1316259

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ya exactly if you look like a man you probably are. End of women's sports otherwise.

Advertisement